FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does Beauty Come From Within ?

Does beauty come from within ?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Don't know
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

wumingsden
Some people say "beauty comes from within", do you agree with this ?
The reason I ask is because I'm a model in my spare time, nothing over-the-top as I'm only 16 although I do look quite older. My usual jobs are for functions and photoshoots. I really don't know why I do it, I hate being in a crowded room full of people. I also don't think that I'm "handsome" but I guess you could say that I'm in high demand which is a mystery to me.
Some people would class me as "ugly" because I kind of see myself in this way.

So, do you think beauty comes from within or do you think the only thing that matters are looks ?

P.S ~ I'm male
jaysen
i think it does. I know a few girls that may be a bit plain looking but they are total sweethearts.... I would sooner have a girl like that than a hot girl thats a total bitch
Garnet
Yes, I think so anyway. In order for me to think a person's hot they have to have some personality shinning through. I have good looking friends but a few of them don't smile much and so when we go out and no one talks to them I think that's why. I won't go up and talk to a guy unless something besides his looks suggest he's worth it.
dorn27
I do, I think it comes from within. I think if you didn't like yourself, at least a little, you wouldn't get nearly as many jobs.

You can always hold out for "Beauty and the Geek" in hopes they create a male beauty, geeky girl verison. Smile
wumingsden
dorn27 wrote:
I do, I think it comes from within. I think if you didn't like yourself, at least a little, you wouldn't get nearly as many jobs.

You can always hold out for "Beauty and the Geek" in hopes they create a male beauty, geeky girl verison. Smile

Well, I don't think I'm hideous but I don't think that I look as good as everyone else says I am. I am not like other 16 year old males, I act totally different. I hardly speak to "friends", i prefer to be on my own, usually because I know what people are saying behind my back. I'm a bit of a loner, yet everybody wants to be me at the same time ~ they must be extremely weird. People also say I'm quite clever, which I kind of agree with.
junodark
Beauty only exists in one way?

I'd rather have a hot girl with no personality/brains then an ugly girl with a great personality, that's just me. But ugly as in hideous ugly. A plan girl with a great personality is fine. But yes, looks are important.
Sappho
junodark wrote:
Beauty only exists in one way?

I'd rather have a hot girl with no personality/brains then an ugly girl with a great personality, that's just me. But ugly as in hideous ugly. A plan girl with a great personality is fine. But yes, looks are important.

Atlast a honest man's opinion? Smile

However i think that beauty comes mainly from within too, its all about charisma of that particular person not just about looks. But men saying that beauty comes from within are hypocrites, not all but most of em for sure.
Itachi
I do. I never look for a girl because she is beautiful on the outside i look for a girl that is beautiful on the inside. Being beautiful on the inside is True Beauty taht is my opinion.

~Itachi
Vrythramax
I don't know if beauty comes from within or not, but I do know it's in the eye of the beholder. A girl, or guy for that matter, that may be plain to one person may be considered beautiful by anothers standards...and vice versa. I have to point out that I married a beautiful woman (had to be said or I'll die in my sleep), and I'm not allowed to look anymore. Sad
Jack_Hammer
I think it's both, I used to be not very superficial at all, though as I have gotten older the whole world judges you by your looks. My friends are just people I get on with and I have never judged them (conciously) by their looks (obviously you judge everyone on their looks intialy). Though all my GF's have been incredibly hot (and thats no understatment) don't ask me why because I'm an ugly son of a b**** but I find it hard to chat up a woman if she's ugly.
the_mariska
The look matters, I would never get interested in someone completely ugly, though there are only few of such people. But what really matters is not the appearance or character but the whole charm of the person, including those two but also intelligence, sense of humour, style, the way he/she moves and many other things. You can date a barbie girl (made of plastic, hollow inside) once or twice, but is it possible to truly love such a person?
alkutob
i do !

Beauty is never how a person looks as a shape ...beauty is a major element of the soul
leat397
I agree that they are in both.
Sometimes you may not know a person but just said he/ she is beautfiul. Through his/ her portrait/ /photos/ video you could only say beauty and to that extent.
Chinese have soem folks that people would propably looks like what he/ she beneaths in his/ her heart. i.e. if you are evil, you would give people an impression EVIL whatever you are handsome or pretty.
caroline
outward appearances could be classified pretty or hot... but I think beauty comes from within...
Mumpay
leat397 mostly says what i think.

definetly both.

If a person is super super hideous but has a really great personality, it'll take a LOT to get beyond looks to ONLY appreciate the personality.

But I also think someone's "acceptable" level of hot vs ugly lies in what they think they can "get". An ugly dude can dream about getting a hot chick, but if an ugly chick shows interest, he'd be more inclined to consider dating her versus say a really hot guy would to the same ugly girl. You date within your beauty-class, heh.

But a plain person with an amazing personality is definetly better than a hot beatch/arse, IMO. If a person acts terribly, over time it's all you'll see, they're actions and words will really start to grate on your nerves.

Plus as you age, looks go down hill anyway, if all thats left is a crummy personality, you're pretty boned.
thiamshui
wumingsden
I am not the usual 16 year old I would just like to mention. I am very trustworthy, kind and honest which usually is hard to come by these days. I also love to do things that others don't, like read, write and do alot of other things.
meet in rio
Beauty really does come from within, and not in the clichι, "he has a good heart" way.

Unless someone is crazily hot or really, really not, then the way they look will not, generally, have a huge effect upon my feelings towards them.

The second someone opens their mouth and is witty, confident, talkative, charming and pays me any sort of attention, I feel myself becoming increasingly physically attracted to them. Honestly.

Then again, the people with the most initially attractive personalities aren't always the nicest or most deserving of attention: being attracted to someone's personality can still be 'shallow'!
jaysen
i know it does, at least to an extent Laughing

its part of a package deal, but i would pick a less attractive person over a nice looking _____ anyday.
psycosquirrel
Saying does beauty come from within is a hypothetical question; because what is beauty anyways? Someone who I think is the biggest ass may be the most beautiful person (in terms of personality) to someone else. I really think the answer to this question depends on the individual and their relationship to the person they love.