FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ringu

xeroed
I became obsessed with the ring after I watched the movie... I watched it in the middle of a woods at midnight while it was storming out... woke up next morning with a bloody nose... and then on my 7th day I there was a lunar eclipse... or whatever one makes a ring of the moon in the sky... anyway I was naturally pretty freaked...

I saw the RINGU mangas (which the Ringu movies were based off of) in a local book store and spent alot more then I probably should have on them... but they were worth it... I was wondering if anyone else liked that small series of books
Octaeder
xeroed wrote:
I became obsessed with the ring after I watched the movie... I watched it in the middle of a woods at midnight while it was storming out... woke up next morning with a bloody nose... and then on my 7th day I there was a lunar eclipse... or whatever one makes a ring of the moon in the sky... anyway I was naturally pretty freaked...

I saw the RINGU mangas (which the Ringu movies were based off of) in a local book store and spent alot more then I probably should have on them... but they were worth it... I was wondering if anyone else liked that small series of books

Got the first of the books and read it all on a three hour train journey. It was good but to be perfectly honest I ended up with the feeling that the film managed to stick fairly faithfully to the manga and so didn't get much new out of it.

If you like those books though it might be worth you checking out the series 'Uzumaki' which is about a town which becomes possessed by the shape of a spiral. Very, very weird and not just a little creepy.
k8eb90
I hate the american movies. But the Japanese ones are wonderful. I am also adiccted to it. I prefure the novels , but the manga is good too. I'm not a big fan of his art style though. It's kinda funny if you read the novels, which were made first and have been published in America recently, and then the manga and spot the big difference. It really amused me.