FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

2 Queries

assex
Er...I had a cuople of weuries in my head. I though that I'd speak up. Here they are:
1.) What file types are allowed? What are the extensions allowed?
2.) What kind of discussion boards, guestbooks and chatting programs are allowed on our Sites?

I know that you guys are helpful so please help me out!
n0obie4life
assex wrote:
Er...I had a cuople of weuries in my head. I though that I'd speak up. Here they are:
1.) What file types are allowed? What are the extensions allowed?
2.) What kind of discussion boards, guestbooks and chatting programs are allowed on our Sites?

I know that you guys are helpful so please help me out!

1) All filetypes are allowed other than music , videos..etc..as long as they don't break our Terms Of Service.

2) Same as above, phpBB, etc are allowed. They must be free software, paid software is not allowed without prior permission from Bondings.

Terms Of Service.
assex
Hey, thanks for answering my doubts.
But I stilll have one more query.
How much time does it take for you to get your answer when you submit a request for a free account?
Also, what do all these mean:
-Junior Frihoster
-Adolescent Frihoster
-Senior Frihoster
-Frihost wannabe

You helped me before. Please help me again~!
Daniel15
Quote:
How much time does it take for you to get your answer when you submit a request for a free account?

Usually a few days, but no longer than a week.

Quote:

Also, what do all these mean:
-Junior Frihoster
-Adolescent Frihoster
-Senior Frihoster
-Frihost wannabe

They are ranks. Basically, as you make more posts, your 'rank' goes up. See this topic for more information on ranks.
assex
I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!
Now, er, sorry to bother you, but, I have another query.
Sorry about being such a questionaire and a nuscience!
Can I put a downloads section on my Site if my account is approved and all the files that I put available for download are my own creations?
n0obie4life
assex wrote:
Can I put a downloads section on my Site if my account is approved and all the files that I put available for download are my own creations?

Yes. But if they are Music/Video files you have to ask for permission first.
assex
I don't know from where these silly questions just pop into my head! I'm really really sorry for bothering you guys yet again, but, here they are:-
1.) What is the maximum file size allowed?
2.) How many MySQl Databases are allowed to be used per person?
n0obie4life
assex wrote:
I don't know from where these silly questions just pop into my head! I'm really really sorry for bothering you guys yet again, but, here they are:-
1.) What is the maximum file size allowed?
2.) How many MySQl Databases are allowed to be used per person?

If you are uploading thruogh a broswer, 5mb. if you are uploading through FTP, 250mb.

There isn't a limit on mySQL Databases, it's unlimited, but please, don't abuse the power we gave you Smile.
assex
Hi!
I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER QUERY!!!
It's been a really long time since I have asked a question, hasn't it? Well, here I go again!
Which kind of server am I under? Am I under a Windows or a Linux? Please reply fast. Thanks a lot in advance!!!!
Bondings
assex wrote:
Hi!
I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER QUERY!!!
It's been a really long time since I have asked a question, hasn't it? Well, here I go again!
Which kind of server am I under? Am I under a Windows or a Linux? Please reply fast. Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

It's a CentOS (linux).
assex
Well, I'm back with another query.......
I wondered if I could put a banner on my Site that said: FRIHOST | THE BEST WEB HOSTING to advertise for Frihost as I wanted to repay you guys for superb Web Hosting!!! Do I have permission to do so?? I'LL CREATE THE BANNER AND EVERYTHING.... Idea Question Question
Blaster
Sure you can do that. Why wouldn't you be able to do that? It will only help them not hurt them. Seems decent. As long as it is approite.
n0obie4life
Go ahead, you can even ask your members to put that on their own blogs/websites Wink.

We don't mind getting advertised Smile
assex
Another Query!!!
When will it be allowed to sign up on Server 1, rather will it ever be allowed??
I had to ask because I'd rather prefer a cPanel than a DirectAdmin control panel.
Please answer as soon as possible. Thanks
Animal
assex wrote:
Another Query!!!
When will it be allowed to sign up on Server 1, rather will it ever be allowed??
I had to ask because I'd rather prefer a cPanel than a DirectAdmin control panel.
Please answer as soon as possible. Thanks

You can't transfer from server 2 to server 1. No more accounts will be created on server 1.
Bondings
Normally we won't create any new accounts on server 1. DirectAdmin is much easier to administrate and seems to be more stable.
Scorpio
Exactly.

In fact I tried out a free hosting account elsewhere with cpanel and it was quite boring.
Even though It had fantastico

I really dont know why but i seem to like DA more.

@Bondings: How exactly is DA more stable and easy to administrate?
Bondings
scorpio wrote:
@Bondings: How exactly is DA more stable and easy to administrate?

There are less bugs, DirectAdmin is or seems to be much lighter and loads faster even with a high server load. It can also hold more accounts than cPanel with the same memory/cpu usage. Also with creating a new account it seems like cPanel has to change all accounts and reload them, while DirectAdmin does it in a few seconds most of the time.

cPanel has a lot of problems with disk quotas. I hear it everywhere and it's the same on Frihost. And recalculating them doesn't always work.
Scorpio
Isn't there any other hosting software except these 2?

Is it very tough to replace cPanel with DA?

Which costs less?

Also, you could have tried replacing user accounts with DA instead of cPanel after the 1st server crash?
Bondings
It's not easy to transfer accounts to another control panel.

And yes, there are a few other control panels, I however don't know much of them. But for linux, those are the most popular and have the most features, I think.

DirectAdmin is also a bit cheaper.
Daniel15
Quote:
Also with creating a new account it seems like cPanel has to change all accounts and reload them

Yeah, I think it reads in the current virtual server list, adds the new one to the end, and then reloads Apache. The whole process seems to take about 20-40 seconds Razz