FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

which domain name should I use?

hobbes
Ok, the name I want is avaliable for only theses domains.

.biz
.us
.ws

But I dont know which one to get. They are all cheap, but my site is not a buisness, it has nothing to do with the us and I dont live there. And .ws is not that cool. I guess I have to go with .biz
wumingsden
hobbes wrote:

.biz
.us
.ws

But I dont know which one to get. They are all cheap, but my site is not a buisness, it has nothing to do with the us and I dont live there. And .ws is not that cool. I guess I have to go with .biz

What about .tk, have you tried that ?
Blaster
hobbes wrote:

.biz
.us
.ws

Like what is your site about. That would help a lot. But yea the tk domains are I belive free. Look at some of the other free domain names.
hobbes
Well, at the moment I am hosting php scripts for download, but I plan on adding a lot more stuff. I have looked at the .tk domain, and it is avaliable. But I do not like having ads on my site. I think I will just go with the .biz.
dan751
well, I'd probably go with .us because it's closest to Canada. But, you're probably doing it as non-profit, so I'd go with .org, but .org isn't available, so, probably .biz. I have no clue what .ws means thought. Shocked
manumiglani
i would suggest you to go with .ws,

.ws means website

as you are non-profit i do not think .biz is the right extention

what about .ca ? is it taken ?

also whay do not add a hypehn and use .org or a .com

but out of .us, .ws and .biz i would suggest you to use .ws
Hobbit
I would highly recommend getting a .com, and I know it's taken. But simply change the domain, add an adj. before your domain to higher the chances of it being available. If not, then go with .us or .ws. Please, not a .tk, .tk is only a redirection, and it appears you have the money to buy something other than just a redirection.
hobbes
Lol I just found a sweet name that is not very long, is clear, is really funny imo, and best of all, every single extension is not taken,

so heres the new question.. Should I go with a .com/.net/.org or with a .ca? I dont think I have enough money to get them all, although I should.

**edit** I guess I can get them all except .ca with yahoo for 3 dollars each!! Yay!
dan751
hobbes wrote:
Lol I just found a sweet name that is not very long, is clear, is really funny imo, and best of all, every single extension is not taken,

so heres the new question.. Should I go with a .com/.net/.org or with a .ca? I dont think I have enough money to get them all, although I should.

In the end, the choice is up to you, but I would either go with .org (for non-profit) or .ca (beings you live in Canada).Very Happy
zplitstonez
if you want www.yourname.net.tc just go to http://www.smartdots.com there are a lot of choices...just try it....thank you. GOD bless....bye
wumingsden
hobbes wrote:

**edit** I guess I can get them all except .ca with yahoo for 3 dollars each!! Yay!

You don't have to have adds, you can set the option on wether or not too and you can pay a one-off fee of 1.50 to get rid of the annoying intro by sending a SMS.
n0obie4life
.ws sounds like those crack/warez sites to me..seriously. almost all the warez sites i go to end with .ws

.biz is for business, and unless you are doing a business...then..don't pick that.

I would choose ".us" Smile
kevmacmeh
I dont think you can legally register domains with the .us extension if you dont live in the USA, as i got my domain taken off of me for reg a .us when i live in scotland
CamiBor
i think biz....
CAPEYOTA
I like .com
Stealth
I would choose biz because it is more popular than .ws in the search engines.
mrwoody
Stealth wrote:

I thought biz was only for business... am I wrong?
Animal
mrwoody wrote:
Stealth wrote:

I thought biz was only for business... am I wrong?

Is .com only for companies?

Anyway, since this topic is getting a little spammy, and since Hobbes no-longer Fri-Hosts, I'm going to -close- this topic.