FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What does math ment for you?

Mgccl
For me, Math is a imagery world that obey some rule in our universe but not other.
My view of math is"A grand level of art or litrarature that uses extreme metaphor and symolism with simplicity of pure logic, which achive the stage of reveling every insight that exist in this universe"
Nyizsa
One is able to explain almost ANYTHING in life with mahs... also it is extensively used in computer (or any) science. Almost everything in life can be explained as numbers or equations.
izimngcubes15
Math is something necessary for us to figure things in the world, it's not like we created it, but we put it into our language or knowledge so we can work with it.
madsencarl
Great for engineers,like I wanna be when I grow up Very Happy
Marston
Patterns.
cnnet
for me
math is only numbers
I'm not good at it Surprised
the_mariska
Quote:
One is able to explain almost ANYTHING in life with mahs... also it is extensively used in computer (or any) science. Almost everything in life can be explained as numbers or equations.

Well, I guess there are still many things that cannot be described with numbers... lik human mind for example. But when I took up classes in a music school I was amazed how mathematical the music theory is. Have you heard that its very basis was created by Pythagoras? I had never expected for music to be so logical Wink Yeah, maths is almost everywhere.
KernEnergie
Im in love with mathematics. I really love to discover the answer of a problem, an equation. I can do maths and physics for hours. I'm not the best at resolving problems and equations but I really like it. I like the way maths and physics rule the world, planets and everything. That's extremly interesting.
SunburnedCactus
Maths is the bane of my life. Virtually all the work I do is maths at the moment and I am getting very sick of it. It's not necessarily that it is too hard (although some of it is an absolute nightmare) but more the fact I'm just not really interested in it, yet I have to do it to progress with my degree.
thiamshui
i'm ok with doing maths that will aid us in our daily lives.. however, i doubt 'additional mathematics' that my school teaches will benefit me in future.. i kinda hate maths because of additional mathematics.. it's too difficult.. Shocked
raver
wow... this thread would sure harden a geek's nipples Very Happy
yeah.. so.. what was i going to say... a yes... this is kind of... gay Confused
I mean come on people... right now, right in this minute when your reading this, you probably have some free time. Try spending it having a little fun, or/and relaxing yourselves not talking about math. Ofcourse i work as a programmer, i do math problems almost daily, and sincerely, it isn't one of my favourite topics for discution. I don't even know whysomeone would like to talk about math, except in case they have no actual life*.

* - Note: i am not trying to insult anyone of the previous posters. But if i have succeded, then i'm sorry Very Happy
Shewolf
Math is the simplest way to explain the world, without really knowing what the numbers are all about...
the_mariska
raver wrote:

I mean come on people... right now, right in this minute when your reading this, you probably have some free time. Try spending it having a little fun, or/and relaxing yourselves not talking about math. Ofcourse i work as a programmer, i do math problems almost daily, and sincerely, it isn't one of my favourite topics for discution. I don't even know whysomeone would like to talk about math, except in case they have no actual life*.

Well, I think I understand your point of view, and no, you ain't insulting me Wink. People who like maths, are amazed with the fact that everything is logical, and connected with other aspects of the problem in logical ways. (Not getting into modern maths such as Banach's theories which are no longer logical Wink ) When I was a child it was amazing for me Very Happy
But I think you're unfortunately a bit right, most of those who are all into maths, are socially disabled or at least have problems with communication to other people. Sad but true.

Well, this year I'll start the university education, probably programming. Hope I won't hbegin to hate this, as you did Wink
Jack_Hammer
Mathamatics is the basis of life, without it nothing could exist simply. there would be no rules nothing would be able to sustain itself.
TaeKwonDoGeek
I think math is important in some aspects, and completely useless in others.
chargoyle
It's kinda hard for me to say what math is because I really don't like it, but I also understand it fairly well. All in all, I think math is very important because it's constant. Even though there are gravitational shifts and cosmic entities where rules of mathematics seem to fall apart, it's safe to say that math is kind of what hold stuff together. History and science are debatable at times, but math is the same.
narc
Math is everything. Everyday, everything that I do uses math.
Marston
I forgot to mention that math means a 70% or lower for me Razz.
meet in rio
Math, to me, means an hour staring out of the window and daydreaming.

You either:
a) Can't solve the problem. (Frustration.)
b) Can solve the problem. (Boredom.)

I gave it up a year and a half ago, and am now doing Arts subjects. I scraped an A (where the highest grade was A*) at GCSE but was more than happy to leave it behind me.

http://mathpwned.ytmnd.com/
Nameless
Work. Lots of work. *hates boring math homework with a passion*.

meet in rio wrote:

http://mathpwned.ytmnd.com/

EDIT: Also, LMAO
Pikokola
Math is... Something to learn Smile something to kill my time. Smile something that make me a bit famous in my class Smile something that i can understand well in my school XD