FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tips on making GOOD siggys

wormhole.v2
Please post YOUR tips on creating stylish signatures here. I can't wait too see your responses...

My tip is to use Adobe Photoshop CS2. It absolutely INCREDIBLE... You can do SO many things with it... Well you just have to try it.

Also use PHP to create really cool dynamic signatures that can display dynamically all sorts of information like your online status, your high scores on various games, your server uptime, and much, much more...

Wink
Blaster
Can you show us some of the sigs you have made. I am really qurious of what they look like.
wormhole.v2
I haven't made too many to tell you the trusth, but I've been messing around with PHP making a few dynamic sigs with counters, online status and my website's latest news (still buggy Confused ) but I'd be happy to post my test sigs Wink

... That's as soon as I get back home to my computer (not currently on it) ...

Anyway, in the meantime, don't hesitate to post your tips, examples or your actual signatures if you want Wink
Vrythramax
n0obie4life has a really cool sig with the dynamic server info and all (he also makes custom sigs for FRIH$...see my sig for info), and there is another one floating around (I don't remeber who it belongs too) that simply says "This is not a sig".

As for me, I don't put alot of thought into my sig, if I want to change it I'll edit the text manually.

Here is a question for a Moderator or anyone else in the know....can we run PHP or Javascript in our sigs in phpBB or here at Frihost? Just curious.
thiamshui
Vrythramax wrote:
can we run PHP or Javascript in our sigs in phpBB or here at Frihost? Just curious.

i guess we can.. since n0obie4life already has one.. the only sig we can't have is dynamic signature showing info about users browsing the forum.. saw this is the forum rules..
wormhole.v2
thiamshui wrote:
i guess we can.. since n0obie4life already has one.. the only sig we can't have is dynamic signature showing info about users browsing the forum.. saw this is the forum rules..

What you mean like: Your browser/OS is ... ?
Richous05
God i would have no chance trying to make a dynamic sig. I can just barley make a normal one.
rightclickscott
My signature usually includes a banner to my website and a meaningful quote from myself. I didn't put my banner up yet since I'm changing hosts to this place. I hate geocities.

On Inksandwich, my latest quote goes as such:
Kerri: I feel so... Pantsless.
Scott: That's not a bad thing.
Kerri: It's not? Oh, it's not. I need a joystick.

That was an actual conversation I had with Kerri. The one I have here, I made it up off the spot upon listening to the song "The World is just a Television." Those words are mine, not actual lyrics. They are very similar.

Try not to used sloganizer. I've seen too many people with sloganizers and they aren't even funny.
thiamshui
wormhole.v2 wrote:
What you mean like: Your browser/OS is ... ?

Meaning the dynamic signature shows information about the current reader looking at the forum/dynamic sig..

Example, If you use Firefox and Windows XP, it will say Your browser is Firefox and you are using Windows XP. Another user who uses IE and Windows 2000, the dynamic sig will say Your browser is Internet Explorer and you are using Windows 2000.
Nameless
I think the best way to make a good siggy is not to use graphics tools but good old fasion TEXT ONLY!
Jack_Hammer
You could visit the Market forum for people who can make good graphical signitures, and to nameless, there is little skill to making a good text sig (Maybe some to creating a great text sig).
Wink
Jack_Hammer
You could visit the Market forum for people who can make good graphical signitures, and to nameless, there is little skill to making a good text sig (Maybe some to creating a great text sig).
Wink
Nameless
Sure there is.

Slopping a computerised brush around to put coloured dots on a screen? Peice of cake.

Wit, creativity, humour, advertising, all contained within fifty words or less? Now THAT takes skill!