FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

stronghold

foodman
My hobbies are mostly computers and games, so i ask how many people here play stronghold?

For you people who do not play stronghold, it is a game about medieval and castle life. You like build your army or castle and attack other people. If any does play it tell me. This is my opinion, i think the 2001 addition of stronghold was better then stronhold2. WHY? Because it was easiaer to use had ok grapics, had a very good story line, and it was fun. On the other hand stronghold 2 had the latest grapics and more details and more stuff to do. So you are asking what is the bad part. The bad part is that you need a very good computer, with the latest grapic's systems. And even with that it is pretty slow. That is why i like the first one. Stronghold is a very fun game! In the begginging you are getting beaten back to the corner of the world then slowly you build your army and conquer other places. While under a very good story line.

I would recommend this game to anyone who likes knights, castle life, medieval life, stadegy games, or just games.

Oh yah i forgot to mention that you do not battle like you are the soldier. You control groups of people and tell them what to do. Its like you are the general and you are controlling your own army. The one you built.

Stronghold also gives you the opportunity to build your own castle and stuff like that. You can chose map editor and you can built your own landscape, armys,anything you want.
bigzero
I love Stronghold, although I haven't played it in a long time. It's just my kind of game: not that much fighting (unless you chose to) and a lot of economics. Oh and also I like medieval times, everything is so much simplier. The Crusades, in my opinion, were a step down from the original, but they did a nice job with the Stronghold2. I still haven't checked out the newest one.
ThatCrazyGuy
I too enjoyed stronghold. I played it solid for a month, until I was introduced to Empire Earth. My buddies and I play EE w/ the art of conquest expansion now... kinda pushing stronghold to the bottom of the game stack. I havn't played stronghold 2 yet, but I have seen some of the screenshots. Looks like it could be a good game. Lucky for me, my new pc would be able to handle whatever it could dish out. =0)

~Crazy
Hogwarts
foodman wrote:
My hobbies are mostly computers and games, so i ask how many people here play stronghold?

For you people who do not play stronghold, it is a game about medieval and castle life. You like build your army or castle and attack other people. If any does play it tell me. This is my opinion, i think the 2001 addition of stronghold was better then stronhold2. WHY? Because it was easiaer to use had ok grapics, had a very good story line, and it was fun. On the other hand stronghold 2 had the latest grapics and more details and more stuff to do. So you are asking what is the bad part. The bad part is that you need a very good computer, with the latest grapic's systems. And even with that it is pretty slow. That is why i like the first one. Stronghold is a very fun game! In the begginging you are getting beaten back to the corner of the world then slowly you build your army and conquer other places. While under a very good story line.

I would recommend this game to anyone who likes knights, castle life, medieval life, stadegy games, or just games.

Oh yah i forgot to mention that you do not battle like you are the soldier. You control groups of people and tell them what to do. Its like you are the general and you are controlling your own army. The one you built.

Stronghold also gives you the opportunity to build your own castle and stuff like that. You can chose map editor and you can built your own landscape, armys,anything you want.

Auch, I played stronghold: 2 and it was a shoddy game. I loved stronghold: crusader though. The campaigns and stuff in stronghold: 2 did not have much appeal to me, they added too many more things to manage which got... confusing and the custom maps were lame.
But by all accounts - buy stronghold: crusader. It will rock your socks off!
LinktheMaster
Yeah, I have Stronghold. It's a good game, though I wish it weren't so limited. Like... why couldn't two castles fight against each other. There was the time when you were going after the Snake's castle, and the pig sent in troops. Seemed kind of stupid to me. I'm sure they could have worked up an AI for the other castle... they were just too lazy to do so. Confused

Besides that, the campaign was great, though I've never played multiplayer. The single player was fairly difficult, and I don't think I ever got around to finishing it. I got stuck on the first or second Wolf mission. Razz
selim06
i have Stronghold and i played that for 2 months but i think that wasn't so good...And Stronghold 2 has relased but i haven't bought it yet because when i went to buy this game a person said"Hey!!!Why you don't try Empire Earth 2 that's better than Stronghold 2"and i think Empire Earth is better than Stronghold...