FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ASP.NET - Is this possible with frihost?

**Timbuk2**
Hi

As the subject says, can I get ASP.NET with frihost.

I know that it doesn't come standard with it, but is it possible for me to install ASP.NET on my computer and then I could write and upload ASP.NET to my site and it would work (even if it only worked on one subdomain or something)

Thanks for the help in advance,
Tim
mathiaus
ASP does not work on Linux (unless you use a special modded version which Frihost does not support). We would need a Windows server we can't currently have (or install the modded stuff but this might crash the server, make it run slower, and would have to be available for everyone).

Basiclly no you couldn't. You could upload it but it wouldn't do anything Wink
Bondings
No we don't provide it on Frihost.

There is a possibility to have some asp on a linux server, but it has so many problems and usually crashes the server.

We might get a windows server, but that won't be for soon, maybe in a few years.
Nyizsa
Short answer: No.
Long answer: No. ASP is a Microsoft privilege which Bondiings wants to take over and make it superseded. Please do not use .ASP if you wish to support Bondings' world domination plans. Laughing
Really, no. Use PHP instead. It has more functionality, ant MUCH more support on Frihost... what you will find GREAT!!!!!
Daniel15
Nyizsa wrote:
Really, no. Use PHP instead. It has more functionality, ant MUCH more support on Frihost... what you will find GREAT!!!!!

Not only on FriHost, but on most web hosts.
Trust us, if you want your script to be compatible with almost every web host, then learn PHP. PHP is quite easy to learn, and there are heaps of features in-built (look at the function reference, there's so many things you can do Very Happy)
n0obie4life
Simply put,

no.

-close-