FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Social studies teacher call Bush "Hitler"

Should he be fired?
Yes
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
No
61%
 61%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 21

cbf-cma
Im sure you've all heard about this story in the news. What do you guys think about a teacher being suspended for saying something liberal in a high school class?
Helios
They should explain their opinion and ax the class about their opinions.

Saying that Bush is "Hitler" is just their opinion...

Btw, you have -12 points.
Bengt
Helios wrote:
They should explain their opinion and ax the class about their opinions.

Saying that Bush is "Hitler" is just their opinion...

Btw, you have -12 points.

yeah idd; and i can understand why he/she would call him that way, but of course he/she should expres it more clearly with more arguments
Vrythramax
Is Bush an idiot? I personally think so. Is his lunacy as bad as Hitler's? Certainly not. The teacher in question I believe he should be repremanded (spelling?), but not fired for voicing his opinion. I have read it elsewhere in these forums that a teachers job is to teach along certain guidlines without showing any bias one way or another....I think this is true. A teacher has the responsibility of forming young minds with factual (factual as of the time of teaching, everything changes) information and not opinions.

BTW....your poll is quite unfair. It seems if anyone choses an answer you don't like they are morons. Shocked
SMCentral
I DON'T LIKE BUSH BECUASE OF WHAT HE HAS DONE(TAKING OIL FROM IRAQ)

HE SHOULD NOT BE PRESIDENT I LIKED CENNDITY(DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPEEL HIS NAME BUT I THINK YOU KNOW WHO IM ON ABOUT)
NuniPio
i like how nobody said yes so far in the poll
Vrythramax
NuniPio wrote:
i like how nobody said yes so far in the poll

The poll has been edited, the original poll options were:

1. Yes - I am a moron
2. No

Not surprising that nobody voted for number one.
mathiaus
My opinion of the poll was that by saying yes your saying cbf-cma was a moron? maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Anyway, calling Bush Hitler is both an insult to Bush and Hitler. Hitler was evil which Bush is not but the IQ of hitler surpasses Bush's by miles. (No I don't like Hitler before anyone says)

Is this topic moving to a 'How are teacher's meant to teach?' topic?
Well I don't know exactly what she said or the tone in which she said it but shes wrong either way
jaysen
i agree with what Vrythramax said. Wether bush is an idiot isn't the issue. Teachers are there to teach your children the facts, not opinions. The children can make up thier own minds as to wether bush is a moron based on those facts.
Liu
Teachers in general should leave out their own personal views when teaching. I know of this one teacher in High School who taught English who would have her own propaganda in influencing students. Teachers shouldn't be forcing their views onto children, but give them enough information so that they could formulate their own opinions views.
Marston
I totally started the whole calling Bush "Hitler" trend.

Swear to god.

I also like saying that "I hate George Bush as much as the next terrorist", though, I am in fact, not a terrorist.
manhattan<3
I think the teacher should be fired. As hateful as I am toward Bush, he shouldn't be referring Bush to Hitler. Bush is like Ghandi compared to Hitler. Also, the topic of politics has always been really...sensitive.
OnlyOneLife
I agree with your history teacher..... hahaha, jk. I don't like bush though.
Marston
manhattan<3 wrote:
Bush is like Ghandi compared to Hitler.
Shocked No way! You did not just use Ghandi, Hitler AND Bush in the same sentence! Shocked
junodark
The teacher is an extremist, and should be fired from highschool teaching. He's better off getting paid more to be a college professor - they're supposed to fill your head with idiosyncracies and bias.

But yeah, he was being rediculous, and I think he really wanted a reaction more then he wanted to teach.

Hitler was evil, aspired to rule the world and killed millions of people based on his personal prejudices.

Bush is content ruling the U.S. albeit in a very scary way, and while does express his beliefs does not set up camps to kill people who argue. He's still a true American, and he believes in and defends other peoples right to free speech.

And no, I'm not republican, I just hate political extremists, especially people who distort reality to try and make a point.
cbf-cma
lol... I forgot that I added "Yes - I am a moron" to the poll. I must have been emotional that day. Usually I'm not so biased! Good thing the moderator deleted it so those weak minded individuals wouldn't be indoctrinated by it. God forbid the almighty POLL shall become corrupted! Confused

If that teacher should be punished, it should be for teaching history in a geography class. His "Bush is like Hitler" comment can be considered as an opinion, but is also a credible comparison. A lot of people simply equate Hitler to Satin and just ignore the fact that Hitler picked up a lot of his brutal ideas like the concentration camp from previous leaders like Spanish General Weyler against the Cubans. It seems normal in my opinion that a history teacher would compare the style of leadership of two leaders from two major imperialist countries especially after the invasion of Iraq - despite a global rejection of it. Just because Bush is the current president does not mean public school teachers don't have the right to criticize him.

The big concern here is obviously with the parents who want to shelter their teenagers from such negative perspectives of Bush that unfortunantly are popular in the US and throughout the world. As for the "he's just an extremist" post, I would remind that he only brought up historical facts. He didn't "distort reality" by making things up. He didn't say Bush killed the Jews.