FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Homeless deserve respect, Sacremento Bee.

mcval
I was amazed by this article published yesterday, March 2, in the Sacremento Bee. The homeless have a tough enough life as it is without police destroying their homes. Don't get me wrong, I think that the homeless should be given help and support, but I think they should be able to remain on the streets if they want to.

This may seem cold and unfeeling but, according to Fresh Start Walnut Creek, many homeless people live on the streets because they want to.

Check out this article:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/community_news/natomas/story/14224196p-15048929c.html
Vrythramax
I couldn't read the article you posted the link for because it required user registration. But I think that [i]all[/] people deserve respect unless they show that they don't deserve it or they show a contempt for it. This is regardless if they are homeless or otherwise. Just because a person is homeless doesn't mean they are there out of choice....I do understand that some of them chose to live that way, but some are also homeless due to circumstances beyond thier control. I personally don't think the Police have the right to go knocking down the places these people live in unless they have good reason to do so. Given that I couldn't read the article I have no idea if in this case the cops actions were justified or not, I am only trying to say that all people deserve respect...until they show they don't deserve it.
Jeslyn
Everybody deserves respect, but not everyone earns it.