FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

having problems with it all

storken
hi

i have now tryed and tryed and tryed a little more but i can't get my phpBB forum up and going!

when i tried installing i placed the forum file in public_html. then the installation started but a error occured, i have CHMOD'ed the config file but the error still was there!

then i read in the FAQ

Quote:
Q: How can I install Php-nuke, mambo or a phpBB forum?

* Go to your cpanel.
* Click on fantastico.
* Search for the software you want to install.
* Click on it and the installation should begin.

Fantastico should be making the installation of those programs as easy as possible.

i have entered my directadmin but where do i find Fantastisco?

and i was so mad when i didn't get the forum running that i deleted public_html and private_html and all the files in the 10dc.frih.net file Embarassed where can i get them back?

isnt it so that the published files shall lie in public_html?
Bondings
That faq was for the other server, it should be replaced soon. There is no Fantastico in DirectAdmin.

Yes, the files should have been placed in the public_html folder.

For a phpBB (or other) forum, you also need to make a database in your DirectAdmin with username and password. You will need to put those in the config file of your forum. Also localhost for the host.
storken
ok... shall i just make a new public_html? (i deleted it Embarassed )
Bondings
storken wrote:
ok... shall i just make a new public_html? (i deleted it Embarassed )

Yes please try if you can get it too work again. (to test it place an index.html inside it with a few words as content)

If it doesn't work, give me a sign and I'll take a look at it. If it really doesn't work, I can create a new account for you and remove the current one.
storken
Bondings wrote:

Yes please try if you can get it too work again. (to test it place an index.html inside it with a few words as content)

If it doesn't work, give me a sign and I'll take a look at it. If it really doesn't work, I can create a new account for you and remove the current one.

ok i tried to make a new public_html and i worked!

you can visit www.10cd.frih.net for proof (the things that stand there are only BS)

but what about the other files? now i have these three:

*logs
*public_html
*stats

what more files shall i add?

do anyone have a safetycopy of the initial state of the files?
Bondings
storken wrote:
Bondings wrote:

ok i tried to make a new public_html and i worked!

you can visit www.10cd.frih.net for proof (the things that stand there are only BS)

but what about the other files? now i have these three:

*logs
*public_html
*stats

what more files shall i add?

do anyone have a safetycopy of the initial state of the files?

The private_html folder is not needed as you aren't able to use it anyway.
The stats folder is to be used for the statistics, there should be some files inside it.
The logs folder should be used for the logs, I think. I'm not sure if it is needed, but better not remove it.
storken
Bondings wrote:

The private_html folder is not needed as you aren't able to use it anyway.
The stats folder is to be used for the statistics, there should be some files inside it.
The logs folder should be used for the logs, I think. I'm not sure if it is needed, but better not remove it.

but were there more files than those 3?
Bondings
public_ftp and .htpassword/incoming/ are the only other ones. Also not that important.
storken
Bondings wrote:
public_ftp and .htpassword/incoming/ are the only other ones. Also not that important.

ok

Edit: it worked! thank u so much!