FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

mysql backup

alja
Hi, can someone walk me through to make a backup of a database without using phpadmin but just manual.
Thanks
avk
U can make the backup of the database using your cpanel
u can just go to the database section and then make a backup and then download it
U can try it
alja
thanks avk, but the idea is not to use the cpanel, I need to do it in a hosting that has not a cp only ftp.
mathiaus
You'd need a php script which took all the data and wrote it to a file. Check google as I can't find anything as described at the moment though they DO exist!
hulp
where can you find php scripts?
vinx_18
www.w3schools.com...or www.hotscripts.com
alja
hulp wrote:
where can you find php scripts?

Here is the link for the tool I found, I am using an is just perfect! http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpmysqlbackupro/ hope it works for you too.
wumingsden
alja wrote:
Hi, can someone walk me through to make a backup of a database without using phpadmin but just manual.
Thanks

If your using a frih.net domain then click "MySQL Management" on the main page then underneath "Download Backup" on the next screen click "Download" on the database wihch you'd like to download. Now you have a database backup stored on your PC.
alja
thanks but as I stated before this was for a server which doesn't have a control panel.
wumingsden
Sorry, I tpoe real slow and by the time I posted everybody seemed to have posted already
alja
keine probleme, the intention is well apreciated. Very Happy
wumingsden
alja wrote:
keine probleme, the intention is well apreciated. Very Happy

I've looked back on the dates that the replies were made and it seems that some were posted way before me so how I missed them I have no idea, I'd jsut like to apologise for my utter blindness, sorry.