FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you open iso and img files?????

borrito
How do you open iso and img files????? plz help i forgot
the program, i remember the program was called iso something but i dont remember squat so plz show me what to download and if it is easy to use thank you guys

i tried this but didnt werk for me
Undisker Can Open, Create, and Extract ISO Files
Using MagicISO to extract ISO file
ISO CD image creator, editor and BIN to ISO converter - UltraISO ...

thats all i tried but no dice
Freezon
Well, there are quite a few programs that will do this.

I myself use WinRAR for the extraction of ISO files.
You can get it here for 30 days free: http://rarlab.com

I myself don't usually use or encounter much .IMG files, but a program that does BOTH ISO and IMG is MagicISO as you mentioned. It can extract both of them.
You can get it here for 30 days free: http://magiciso.com

Hope this helps,
Freezon
jonlewis_3
your best off using isobuster you can get it at www.isobuster.com . also its free, which is always a bonus.
nachjo chip
I dont really see why you want to extract them.. Just get software that mounts the images (.img, .iso etc) to an emulated drive on your pc.
Daemon tools does that for free:
www.daemon-tools.cc
yjwong
I still prefer WinRAR for managing ISO files.

By the way, I also own a Nero 7 Premium Edition. I use that to mount my ISO images.
AffroThund3r
I use WinISO to manage my ISO files. I've also used isobuster which I found good. Do a google search, find a few different ones and try them to see what you think!! Razz
cheeta
well to extract i think winrar is the best... but also u can try any virtual CD/DVD software to load the ISO as a virtual CD/DVD image then copy the content... Very Happy

Nero has a image drive that will do.. (Ultra version or premium i think..)

also Virtual CD/DVD that will do too..
virtualsom
the free and the easiest way to open ISO images is to use the microsoft Virtual CDROM Control Panel ( this is a unsupported utility from MS ). this app works on W2K , WXP

you can download a copy of this application from

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Virtual-CD-DVD-Rom/Virtual-CDROM-Control-Panel.shtml

setup instructions are also given on the same web page.

- virtualsom
bigzero
One of the best programs for opening image files is Alcohol. I believe they have a free version called 55%, but I use 120% and it works like a charm.
charredii
there are a ton of programs out there, but i can only vouch for UltraISO and alcohol soft. I think even nero can view .iso files. .img could be mac/unix files. but i'm quite sure eitehr alcohol or UltraISO will work
Talk2Tom11
Usually for CD image files... I would use Dameon Tools. But then i realized that they don't support all formats of CD Images. So I now use Alcohol 120. It is great... I have not found a format that it doesn't work with.
win66
I think the best way to open ISO file is Alcohol 120% .If you want a free and a good way to open ISO file, you can use virtual Daemon .
kany
Yeah i use the Alcohol 120% myself aswell. and tried nero as well. but i am still stuck with Alcohol.
bigzero
kany wrote:
Yeah i use the Alcohol 120% myself aswell. and tried nero as well. but i am still stuck with Alcohol.

I don't think you could really call it stuck. Alcohol is probably the best and most convenient program out there for the purpose.

I did remember another app that is great for making iso files from files lying around on your harddrive. It's called MagicISO, very useful in some situations. Unfortunatelly it's not free, so if someone knows of another application that is capable of making iso's please tell me.
HL9881
I will use Alcohol 120% .

No reason , just I think that this software is good. Embarassed
root
Daemon Tools ftw..
Clash
Or just write it to a cd Very Happy
aningbo
yeah...write it to a CD lol

Hey why dont you try PowerISO, i have been using that for a while and it really works well. i dont know if you have found one by now but if you haven't, then go for PowerISO.

good luck.
anthonygerbils
you can use ultraiso or poweriso and if i remember right you can get these off download.com
addelapuente
borrito wrote:
How do you open iso and img files????? plz help i forgot
the program, i remember the program was called iso something but i dont remember squat so plz show me what to download and if it is easy to use thank you guys

i tried this but didnt werk for me
Undisker Can Open, Create, and Extract ISO Files
Using MagicISO to extract ISO file
ISO CD image creator, editor and BIN to ISO converter - UltraISO ...

thats all i tried but no dice

Use Daemon Tools is free...
MR2005
daemon tools is the best tool & the easist one on earth , try it , I think someone added the link above , so , enjoy Razz
ezdookie
hey.. use Alcohol 120%... I like that program .. and his name too... Very Happy
mrxinusa
i use winiso to open iso files

it is a great tool you can save your image file in many format

or can convert other format such as .nrg .bin and others to .iso files
[/b]
Shirish
Whatever be the case , i personally prefer using Isobuster by SmartProjects which provides support for virtually almost every Image format.

Also its error handling features are great

also you can tery ALCOHOL for recovering data in corrupted images.
greendayonline.co.nr
i think isobuster is pretty good. i downloaded the trial version to open and then extract .iso and .bin .cue files and it seems to be pretty easy
dz9c
I have Magic ISO and doesnt it do all of that stuff? I like it better than any other ISO program.