FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Text Editor in Forums

alkutob
I want to know if it possible to add extra features to the text editor in the forum text panel .

When you write a post you can't customize your post as what you can do in Vbullitin forums .

I lookforward to be able to put my post in the centre of the page or even to have a more easy way in editing text .

So any idea about this ...

If there is any help please don't hesitate to help me

thank you
wumingsden
alkutob wrote:
I want to know if it possible to add extra features to the text editor in the forum text panel .

When you write a post you can't customize your post as what you can do in Vbullitin forums .

I lookforward to be able to put my post in the centre of the page or even to have a more easy way in editing text .

So any idea about this ...

If there is any help please don't hesitate to help me

thank you

Its up to you wether you want to but you can go into the ACP of the forum, go to confuguration, scroll down to the HTML section, select enable HTML and above in the textbody you can add the HTML codes that you wish to allow. I'd advise you to only allow style tags. To center text you need the "center" tag in the textbox (without the quotes). note that some styles make make your forum a little bit weird if your users abuse the formats use.

I believe the following are safe to use:
I, U, B, CENTER, BR, IMG, P, PRE, OL, UL, LI, A,
alkutob
Sorry ,, I did exactly as you said but the text box still the same ...nothing change .

can you lead me to any url that may help more ?

By the way , congratulations 4 your new position as a moderator ... I say it proudly that you deserve it .
wumingsden
alkutob wrote:
Sorry ,, I did exactly as you said but the text box still the same ...nothing change .

can you lead me to any url that may help more ?

By the way , congratulations 4 your new position as a moderator ... I say it proudly that you deserve it .

No, new boxes will not appear as they are added in HTML format not BB format. I don't mod forums now but you could give it a go with this Mod, it seems to be more what your looking for:
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/1059

Remember to back up your files. If you have trouble installing it then PM your details but please try yourself first. And thank you for your compliment.
n0obie4life
Once phpBB.com is out,

search for the MultiBBcode hack.

Install it. Then start installing the bbcodes you want. The bbcodes you have installed must be found on phpbb.com and need to be compatiable with the latest version of multibbcode hack.
alkutob
wumingsden

Thank you very much 4 your help

You are a great friend ...
You solved this problem to me and let me try and learn more and more .

And let me say big thanks to ( n0obie4life )

Thank you for your real help