FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Banner contest win 100 frih$

Blaster
Well i need a banner for my website www.blaster.frih.net. The banner should say Blaster's Classic Cars and should have a picture of a 1970 red or blue chevelle.

The background should be black and the text should be red.

Demenison should be 460 x 75
And i need a second one (same thing just different size)
350 x 53

I also need one for my forum same one just a little bit smaller 200 x 91.
heady233
Here you go:

Do I win?
Blaster
Yes the contest is still going. I put heady233's up because it looked better then the peace of crap they had. So keep going.

(heady after the contest is over i will give you a little bit of frih$ if you don't win.)
heady233
Blaster wrote:
Yes the contest is still going. I put heady233's up because it looked better then the peace of crap they had. So keep going.

(heady after the contest is over i will give you a little bit of frih$ if you don't win.)

Thanks. Razz
Blaster
No problem heady.

Anyway the contest is still going on so please sumbit your ideas.
assex
Hi Blaster,
I'll try to help you out but I want to know:
CAN I CREATE A BANNER IN FLASH?
Do you have any objection to that?
Please notify me.
Coz, with Flash I can put cool animation and lots of links within the banner. Please tell me if your interested by sending me a private message or posting one in this topic. As you wish!
Blaster
sure you can. Just try your hardest and do what you think looks best. good luck.
omeration
ill make it when i get home

compettion still open?
Blaster
Yes the compition is still going. So make them!!! Look forward to it! Very Happy
assex
Hi Blaster,
I've made your banner using flash but there's a problem, HOW DO I EMBED IT HERE ON THE FORUMS? IF I CAN'T THEN HOW DO I SHOW YOU THE BANNERS? Would be a bit of help if you tell me how. Thanks.
Blaster
You can put them on a thing like www.imageshack.us or you can send them by email. My email is jjatver95@gmail.com
Blaster
Anyone else geting in? I would really like to see what you guys have.
Blaster
Come on people!!!!
DeFwh
If u like it pm me, if u dont tell me if u want somthin specific and ill do it.

Blaster
Can you make it fit the size I asked. I asked for three too.
DeFwh
here you go!

Blaster
I like them. It would be a little nicer if maybe you had the chevelle in it. Very Happy
DeFwh
So if i put the chevelle in will it be the one you pick or you going to run the contest longer?

Ur welcome dude
Blaster
Most likely. I will run the contest till the end of this month. (a week left)
heady233
Blaster wrote:
Most likely. I will run the contest till the end of this month. (a week left)

I'm going to ask my uncle to help me design better ones.
Blaster
You better hurry then. Contest ends next week.
DeFwh
Is this chevelle good:
Blaster
yes if you can put that in the banner.
heady233
Blaster wrote:
Well i need a banner for my website www.blaster.frih.net. The banner should say Blaster's Classic Cars and should have a picture of a 1970 red or blue chevelle.

The background should be black and the text should be red.

Demenison should be 460 x 75
And i need a second one (same thing just different size)
350 x 53

I also need one for my forum same one just a little bit smaller 200 x 91.

Here's my second set:

Blaster
They are to hard to read. Try and make it easier to read.
DeFwh
Heres what ya asked for hope you like it

Quote:
Really I know what im doing. So what did you want again?
Blaster
It seems like the chevelle on the left is coming in late. Can you maybe fix that? Or is that suppose to be like that?
DeFwh
Quote:
It seems like the chevelle on the left is coming in late. Can you maybe fix that? Or is that suppose to be like that?

its supposed to do that like a car sliding in and then the on the right sliding in.

if you want it different just ask. Theres to many variables to deal with now so i would base your opinion off my use of graphics , the cars and whatever else because if i get picked i will be making every effort to make it perfect for you man.

Check out my new avatar i made it all myself from a blank template. If you want to see any of my other work check this website out for some of it( the website is old but most of the pics are like from jan 2005 - feb 2006).

http://www.teamcornwall.clans.net/portfolio/portfolio/index.htm
DeFwh
I must have moved the layer while going over the pic
sorry ill re post that pic in a sec
DeFwh
Ok the final revision...(i hope)

Quote:
Really I know what im doing. So what did you want again?
Blaster
Still having the same problem. Could you maybe just take out the 1 set of cars and replace it with the chevelle.
DeFwh
Blaster wrote:
Still having the same problem. Could you maybe just take out the 1 set of cars and replace it with the chevelle.

Yeah dude but ill post it tommorow i dont have time today.

Happy to participate
Blaster
As long as it is in by the end of march. Very Happy You will be good.
DeFwh
The end of march is my brithday! Can you give me a birthday present?

Im just askin anyways. Do you have any friends you can refer me to , to make logos banners, or sigs for i would really like to be more active in Fri's but nobody seems to be asking.
Blaster
Try posting in the market place. If i need you for this site i may be doint i will talk to you then. I am thinking of making a team for this project. If i do then i might ask for your help.
Chronos
Here are mine.

Blaster
Yea someone new to the contest Very Happy You have a real good shot too. They look really good. If defwh doesn't fix his you are then first.
DeFwh
The images are now hosted by Frihost (yea!):

Exclamation Ok if you need any other changes just tell me. Very Happy
Blaster
They look great!!!! I think i may do a two step level thing. Don't know yet.
DeFwh
I like chronos 200x91. And also i dont real need a $100 fri's. Plus im learning some flash with Sothink SFW so ill give you some flash ones too.
Im gonna be opening a graphics/flash store on my frihost account but if you need any changes ill do'em for free.
Funny thing is that im already broke and fri bucks is like monopoly money.(even though it'll be worth something someday)

So enjoy 'em and my best to the winner.

Peter wrote:
Theres a message in my Alphabet's it says,"Oooooooooooo!"

Brian wrote:
Peter those are Cheerio's.

To add on to the already wonderful gifs i made a flash which of course is simple but looks preety cool:
Its right at the bottom of the page(460x65, sorry i was working with a template and looked funky at 75 but 10 pixels isnt too much i hope)
www.defection.frih.net
heady233
DeFwh wrote:
I like chronos 200x91. And also i dont real need a $100 fri's. Plus im learning some flash with Sothink SFW so ill give you some flash ones too.
Im gonna be opening a graphics/flash store on my frihost account but if you need any changes ill do'em for free.
Funny thing is that im already broke and fri bucks is like monopoly money.(even though it'll be worth something someday)

So enjoy 'em and my best to the winner.

Peter wrote:
Theres a message in my Alphabet's it says,"Oooooooooooo!"

Brian wrote:
Peter those are Cheerio's.

To add on to the already wonderful gifs i made a flash which of course is simple but looks preety cool:
Its right at the bottom of the page(460x65, sorry i was working with a template and looked funky at 75 but 10 pixels isnt too much i hope)
www.defection.frih.net

It seems as if everyone is using the same car from google images. Wink
Blaster
seems that way. I like the flash one. I might consider that one too. Just wait untill the end of the month.
DeFwh
Its my birthday.Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
DeFwh wrote:
Ohhhh yeaaaa!
Applause Applause
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Oh yeah blaster check out the flash banner i made on my website for you i changed it a bit:

http://www.defection.frih.net
LukeakaDanish
Blaster...before you choose the Animated gif one, be concious that the filesizes are very big which will meen slow loadtimes for some users...
DeFwh
But its not like the whole page is made up of pictures. Go to his website an youll see.

Plus if nessecary i can compress the images some(maybe halve the filesize)

If someones got a 56k they should be able to view the page in under 30 secs.
And anyways with todays web accelerators and also i know a lot of ppl still use dial up

but if your internet is that slow you must have a defined purpose in order to be successful in finding anything at all. Plus blasters site needs popularity which will come from users who can browse faster and see more vibrant images.

You have to make these kind of decisions as a webdesigner. One of those is choosing an audience(Users using a faster connection are more likely to younger than 30). Just like advertising you need something eye catching that appeals to the masses. Speedy loading is nice but not nessecary for .gif images because the gif makes up for its own flaws.

So what kind of internet do you have anyways?
dragonflame
I might try to join if I make it in time.

what do you feel about having a race girl? (as long as tastefully done)
LukeakaDanish
***edited***

I was drunk and rather an idiot in this post, so it has been removed...
LukeakaDanish
link

Here are some banners, blaster...
Blaster
I get a problem loding page. Broken link maybe?

Edit**
Never mind I think the server went down for about 5 seconds.
dragonflame
here's my try

http://dragonflame.frihost.net/down/blaster/blasters1.jpg
http://dragonflame.frihost.net/down/blaster/blasters2.jpg

I think your site would be better with arial...imo...
DeFwh
Deleted by DeFwh
LukeakaDanish
Sorry about the attack...i was drunk...and yeah...appart from the fact that i dont like animations in any context almost, your work is professional...sorry...

I have removed my original post...
Blaster
I would say so.... Rolling Eyes

But the website is curently down becuase of reasons so please don't look at it being it isnt' the right site.
Blaster
Chronos you win 75 frih$ for two of your banners and luke you win 30 frih$ for your forum one. Since I asked for a lot of changes I will give Defwh 15 frih$ for participating.

Thank you all.

A mod may now close this topic as to it is over. Thank you for all of the participation Very Happy