FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Importing/executing a BIG .SQL File

anticitizen1
Hi, ive just finished to uploading my site (the files)
Now im wondering if is possible that an admin could help me executing the SQL file.
ok, why i dont just upload the file trough phpmyadmin?

the file zipped is about 7.04M. Unzipped 44 m (forums & tons of info) i dont want to cause any harms into the servers o cause SQL overloads (i could execute the file using a php script but...)

I ask for your help because:

I think this way is safest way
To Save Time (i must admit ... my time... Embarassed )

ive uploaded the file :

Remved for safety

The database is:
Remved for safety

if you need the user (Remved for safety) password or my login info please send me a PM. thanks

If you cant do me this favor, dont worry, ill understand that youre so bussy persons.... Thanks for reading the message. and again Thanks for bring me the hosting service.
ZeRoRaVeN
Well, couldn't you execute them by column? I understand that 44 is alot, but if you think it's alot of work consider what other stuff the admins have to do.

Hmm you could write a php script that'll execute the columns depending on the time of the day, so say every hour your just run the script and it'll execute a differrent statement, I think.
n0obie4life
http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php

Bigdump.
Bondings
Please tell me if the bigdump worked, otherwise pm me the location and I'll try to do it myself from the command line.
anticitizen1
Thanks. everything seem to be OK.
is the 1000st time that bigdump saves my life =P
configurated for 5000 and a delay of 1000 miliseconds.
if you saw high usage of the sql server, it was that.
thanks. now my site will be online. when it be all things set up to work on frih.net ill post a message to invite everyone to see (not to register =P jap!). Thanks, please close this tread.
Daniel15
Glad to see you solved your problem Very Happy

-close-