FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Remote Controlled Models

superbyte
Arrow I like the R/C models, all kinds, but my favorites are Automodels. I have some 1:10 and 1:12 that work with gasoline.

They are very amazing and make a sound like a little chainsaw.

I hope to find someone who knows about airplanes because I would like to have one in the near future.
ml
Quote:

how many hp does one of them have?
how fast do they go?

a friend of mine, tried to build a rc car powered by hydrogen an he said it could reach about 50 mph.
but the presentation to the local media failed because it was to could and some electronics part freezed Sad
Pyro Man
I do to like r/c modles. I have ones i like and some stunt models for our films. I bought a 2001 Taiyo Edgerunner, bloody brilliant car, and drove it through a burning model caravan. It was ok, completley undamaged
mehmetguler
i like r/c cars, i have 2 cars when i was a child. but now this is my hobby. there are 3 car in my room.
Mumpay
gah, i need to build some sort of remote.. SOMETHING, to sit outside my window. Cats keep coming by and strut in front of the window in the bedroom (ground floor), and my cat ***haaaates* other cats. So she SCREAMS. just starts screaming at the top of her lungs. I swear you could hear her a block away. It sounds like the gates of hell have opened beside our bed and inside are giant's babies being beaten with hot iron pokers.

So I need a button to press that will like.. spray the cat outside with water, or throw dirt at it, or make a loud evil noise and rustle some bushes. gah!

haha, but i'm, uh, "wire" deficient, no idea where i'd start, lol.

and i live in toronto, so it'd have to be super cheap or well hidden so neighbours don't steal my hard work (front of the house).

Just thought i'd vent my troubles. stupid cat... good thing she's pretty Wink
ocalhoun
Do you have an automatic sprinkler system?...
munkey_boy
Hi i like R/C models i was building a 4x4/monster truck thing but altogethor it was $1088 so i stopped building it it went something like 60mp/h and im in aussie so that means like 80km/h now im looking for a cheaper one like $350 max
ocalhoun
I think it would be more interesting to make a full-size remote control vehicle. Right now, I'm working on a good way to control the power steering.
Squeeky
ocalhoun wrote:
I think it would be more interesting to make a full-size remote control vehicle. Right now, I'm working on a good way to control the power steering.

Bit like a drone??

Hi everyone,
I am really into rc! I have a Tamiya Nitro Blaster 1:10 buggy, goes above 60km/h!!! I am going to get a helicopter and have had a plane Very Happy . (Well i still do but its kinda in a few pieces).

superbyte, i know some stuff about airplanes if there is anything you want to ask...im happy to answer questions!

It is great to see a topic on this, I thought i was the only one on these forums interested in it.
Also, Anyone here fly helicopters??? Please say if you do, i need to know more about how hard they are to fly and crashes etc.
mugglesquop
lol. u all have slow cars!!! i race nationals, and have a Mugen MTX3 Prospec. Great car 85mph+. Has a Rody Tuned 5 port RB concept engine. I race at the CMCC, which is a really good club, for any ages. Holding the nationals there next weekend Very Happy should be a bit of fun.

More info: www.cotswoldmcc.co.uk

Peace

BTW, this is my RC car during a caravan race we did for christmas... Very Happy
Squeeky
mugglesquop wrote:
Holding the nationals there next weekend Very Happy should be a bit of fun.

WOW, national level, impressive!!! I have seen ads for cars that go 85mph but thought they were dodgy. So it really is true Smile ?!
odinstag
superbyte wrote:
Arrow I like the R/C models, all kinds, but my favorites are Automodels. I have some 1:10 and 1:12 that work with gasoline.

I hope to find someone who knows about airplanes because I would like to have one in the near future.

Hey, if any of you are into Model flying. There is a great site I found searching Google. Enter the term SPAD in the search on google and you won't regret it.

SPAD = Simple Plastic Airplane Design

These are flying models. They are made out of corrigated plastic like you see used for many sign/outdoor banner applications.

Real neat stuff. Planes only cost about $7-$10 per plane to build. So if you are getting into flying it is a cheap way to learn. Better than crashing a $700 plane. And you will crash.

If you want to get into it cheap and easy. These guys can show you how.

SPAD to the Bone
Mr Smith
Well, these are my steps of the RC business:

1. Abour 6 years old, got a REMOTE controlled car (wire between remote and car).

2. Radio controlled car, forward and back-turn.

3. Fully radio controlled car, two speed diff (It was pretty cool) - electric.

4. Biggest upgrade as of yet, 10% Nitro powered .15 engine (I think these are 7cc). It was pretty fast, except I usually had trouble starting it, as tuning them is a must - VERY hard. I do NOT reccomend Nitro powered cars for beginners, NO NO NO. Big mistake that was. Brought for $250, sold it two years later, not going for $280 Muahaha (NZ dollars).

5. Had nothing for a while, dad comes hole with a pretty stuffed RC boat, just engine and hull. Powerful 15+cc .30 OS MAX-S Boat engine. Never got the enging going how hard I tried (It didn't have a pull thingie). Got the hull all re-painted and sole it as a set for $475 NZD - got it for free.

6. RC Plane - electric. Never got it to fly properly, crashed first day and smashed the main wing, fuselage snapped... sheesh.

So I have had an experience of everything, including a boat which I cannot be bothered listing. Their great fun, even the gas ones (when their going).

Good luck with your RC hobby ;)
Squeeky
Wow, Mr Smith! You haven't seemed to lucky with yours!

Im about to buy a Twister Bell 47 contra-rotating heli, anyone know anything about?
Mr Smith
Is it an electric helicopter? If so, the chance of it being a non crappy imported one is about... 99%?
Blaster
I used to race them. I still have them but don't use them anymore. They go surprisingly fast. Up to around 40 miles an hour. Yea i know that is fast Very Happy