FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Windows cd?

Tomppe
Hi,

I have to clean my computer to 100% so i have to delete Windows. Then i must install it again and all the shit.. But there is an problem, the Windows XP CD is gone and i can't find it. So is it possible to get an new CD or something without buy a new product?

Regards,
Tomppe

(apologize my bad english)
wumingsden
Tomppe wrote:
Hi,

I have to clean my computer to 100% so i have to delete Windows. Then i must install it again and all the ****.. But there is an problem, the Windows XP CD is gone and i can't find it. So is it possible to get an new CD or something without buy a new product?

Regards,
Tomppe

(apologize my bad english)

Have you tried system reboot ? I have Windows XP SP2 and you can restore it to factory condition, i.e, you can restore the system to what it was like before the first time you used it without the need of a CD.
Tomppe
Oh yea Smile I didn't know that thing! Thank you very much! So happy Razz
Tomppe
Ok, i forgot to ask how to do teh syst4em reboot?
wumingsden
Tomppe wrote:
Ok, i forgot to ask how to do teh syst4em reboot?

Note that only do the following steps if:
1 - you really want to
2 - if anything goes wrong you won't blame me Very Happy

On my PC to access it you can Run:

Quote:

C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\START.EXE /run

If this option doesn't work then re-start your PC and at the bottom of the screen it should say something like:

Quote:

F9 - Reboot

Note that there are two options when rebooting your PC. I have never tried the "delete data files" so I'd be wary of this. If you do not choose this option but choose the other one like I do then you may have some links on your desktop that haven't been removed or some folders in C:/Programs that also haven't been removed. Don't worry about this, just delete the links off your desktop.
It usually takes about 15 minutes for my PC to completely re-boot, although it depends on how many files you have. It then takes about another 15 minutes for Windows to be installed after setting the configuration options. If you have the internet installed on it already then it will still work like normal when re-boot is over, just make sure that you set the right configuration options when re-installing Windows.
Tomppe
wumingsden wrote:

Dosen't work..

Quote:

F9 - Reboot

There is nothing like that. But an option "F12 - Boot menu", but there i just found some crap like hard drive diagnostics no reboot Confused
wumingsden
Tomppe wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Dosen't work..

Quote:

F9 - Reboot

There is nothing like that. But an option "F12 - Boot menu", but there i just found some crap like hard drive diagnostics no reboot Confused

Sorry, I think it is F11 ~ it is not always shown at the bottom of the screen
Tomppe
That dosen't work ether Confused It should be easy with the windows cd but its gone so i have nothing to do Smile Just trie to find it
jongoldsz
Call up the company that made your computer, and ask them to send a windows xp cd. (This only works if windows xp came on your computer)
Tomppe
Ok, i did it without a new cd Smile I got an DELL an they make some special thing on their computers so i haved to press ctrl + F11 to restore/repair system Razz It was so so so easy Razz
wumingsden
Tomppe wrote:
Ok, i did it without a new cd Smile I got an DELL an they make some special thing on their computers so i haved to press ctrl + F11 to restore/repair system Razz It was so so so easy Razz

The button to press at restart was actually F10 not F9 or F11.
Solution fount, Topic is now closed.