FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to run 2 domain from a single hosting account?

cheeta
I am plannig to buy 2 domain name from Yahoo Domain service.. now i am totaly new to this section, (Domain parking, stuff like that)...

Now presently i am running 2 site useing one hosting account in frihost, with simple URL redirector, .co.nr

what i did was i ceated 2 folder in my publick html folder, Site 1 and Site 2...

now the site1.co.nr gets redirected to cheeta.frih.net/site1 & site2.co.nr gets redirected to cheeta.frih.net/site2

& when i designed the pages (of site 1 & site 2), i put all the link as site1.co.nr & site2.co.nr (not like cheeta.frih.net/site1)... so people can easyly navigate... this gives me no porblem

but i came to know from my frnd that when i will be registaring a domain at Yahoo domain or any such service, there i have to set DNS server etc... so tell will i be able to run multiple domain from one hosting account ?? which i have here in frih??

thnx

Cheeta
Bondings
It is much better to use DNS because then your website will show in the url instead of your subdomain.

First you need to set the nameservers at yahoo to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net. It will take some time before the settings 'propagate' on the internet, something like 4-24 hours or more.

In your DirectAdmin, you need to go to Domain Setup and add your domain name there.

This will create a new folder in the domains folder with the name of your domain. In that folder there will be another public_html file. There you need to place your files.

/domains/<subdomain>/public_html/ (for your subdomain)
/domains/<domain>/public_html/ (will be added for your domain)
cheeta
thank u very much.... Very Happy Very Happy