FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Me and my butterfly

adidasx
Very Happy
abone
I cannot see you,where are you? Rolling Eyes
adidasx
LOL Laughing Wink
the hand is mine Embarassed
dan751
Nice hand! err, glove rather. Laughing Perhaps, you can update us with a picture.Very Happy
abone
Well,it was a good start...now I want to see your shoes.. Laughing

adidasx wrote:
LOL Laughing Wink
the hand is mine Embarassed
Mumpay
nice camera, that's a great shot Very Happy is that really your butterfly, do you have it like as a pet? or it just landed on you all random-like while you were outside? Smile very cute!
shamil
I can't see it's second antenna clearly. You have seized it and one of it's hind legs beetween ur fingers isin't it Wink.
Ghost900
I can't see the picture! Sad
nilsmo
Do you play baseball? Confused
Anyway, the focus is slightly off but it's a great picture.
Vanquish
That's a cool picture, is it your pet? I used to have caterpillars when I was in Primary School, I wanted to let them be butterflys, it was about to made a cacoon (sp?), but then my friends (not my friend anymore) nextdoor neightbour flicked him and killed him!

PS - I'm not his friend anymore simply because I don't speak to him, and looking back, he was a dweeb. He was like a chinchilla crossed with that Wheetos proffesor person.

Neal
Traveller
That was a neat picture. For those who are interested in butterflies and moths, here is a picture I took a couple of months ago on the wall outside my house:

This is a "White Witch Moth" (Thysania agrippina) - native to the area (Honduras), and has the largest wingspan of any butterfly or moth: 11 inches (28cm). This particular specimen was the full 11 inches. Unfortunately, I was unable to measure AND take the photo at the same time, since it flew away when I measured.
DawningLight
Quote:
11 inches (28cm). This particular specimen was the full 11 inches.

I can't bear the ones we have in the UK and they are much much smaller than that. I run when one ocmes in the window.
Something like that would give me heart attack 0r a nervous breakdown.
I am never ever coming to Honduras
Traveller
DawningLight wrote:
Something like that would give me heart attack 0r a nervous breakdown.
I am never ever coming to Honduras[/color]

LOL! Well, it's not ALL like that here. For example, we also have the Greater Kiskadee:

and lots of hummingbirds:

In addition, if you get out of the city and into the jungle, you'll find a couple different kinds of Toucans:

as well as several varieties of parrots, including the national bird, the Scarlet Macaw: