FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cannot upload to ftp://me.frih.net

Talk2Tom11
when i cannot upload to my ftp for some reason. I go to ftp://dodsoncorp.frih.net and it prompts me for a username and password, i then get in, and then it doesn't have a way for me to upload. it just shows me the files in a list for me to download?

Can someone please help me as to how i can upload stuff through this.
RiCtee
How do you get a duplicate of a file?? Copy it of course, cut it if you want! By the way, why don't you want to use DirectAdmin?
n0obie4life
Talk2Tom11 wrote:
when i cannot upload to my ftp for some reason. I go to ftp://dodsoncorp.frih.net and it prompts me for a username and password, i then get in, and then it doesn't have a way for me to upload. it just shows me the files in a list for me to download?

Can someone please help me as to how i can upload stuff through this.

Are you using MSIE FTP?!

MSIE FTP uses copy and paste. So, drag the files you want to upload into MSIE.
Daniel15
You should get an FTP client like FileZilla. In FileZilla, you just drag the files over to copy them to your webspace.
RiCtee
daniel15 wrote:
In FileZilla, you just drag the files over to copy them to your webspace.

You can also do that in Internet Explorer a.k.a Explorer.exe. Drag and drop to copy is the default function in Windows except that you use right click. I only use the built-in ftp.exe from the command prompt. Old fashioned me......
anticitizen1
i recommend WS FTP, the freeware version, ive use WS FTP LE.. 2000 version and runs OK!
there are a lot of a better porgrmams than ws ftp, but theyre not free ware.
cfackler
Does anyone know of a firefox utility that will allow drag-and-drop ftp access?
DoctorBeaver
I use WebSite Publisher from here:-

http://www.cryer.co.uk/downloads/websitepublisher/index.htm

You set up your FTP params, select the root folder you want to upload from and hit "Publish". It handles all subdirectories for you. AND IT'S FREE!

But don't do what I did.. I had the "Delete files no longer in source directories" set to yes & ended up deleting everything except my pages... D'OH! Embarassed
squirrelmaster
I use SmartFTP Client 2.0, it's free(for personal use) and it works fine, i have no complaints yet. Wink
There are Q's so you can get all the files you want to upload before starting the upload procedure.
Although I used to use WS_FTP LE, it didn't work right on my XP.
So i just used smartftp. Mr. Green

www.smartftp.com
saiyeek
I am sticking to Filezilla. Its cool and nice and its free.