FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Intoxication

tantoedge
After critical thinking I've come to a conclusion.

Drugs aren't bad, drugs aren't the problem.
People are. More so, inhibitions, guidelines, laws, etc, are the problem.

My reasoning?
The higher the peak, the darker the shadow. Thus the more pure and good those in power believe themselves to be with their complete abstinence from any toxins, the more poisoned those underneath shall become.

I personally believe that if people were left to their own devices and instead of trying to choke the problem, we pro-actively reacted (meaning we clean off those who can't keep up to themselves) we would deal better damage.

In other words:
You catch a Heroine addict? Pump him so full of the shit that he chokes on it. If it's a she? Same thing... equal rights. And equal responsibilities.
Coke head? No problem.
Pot head? Well... you can't O.D. on it, but you can try...
Mushrooms, Beer, Wine, the whole nine yards!
What's this double standard we've created?

It's ok to drink, but hey don't drive, what? You drove? You killed somebody? ******! Now you're in jail, because you took advantage of too many freedoms.
What the hell?

You smoked a joint and drove? You're holding up traffic! You're pulled over! Damnit you've got a D.U.I.!

You snorted a line now you're driving? Whose car is that anyhow!? Ah shit those lights aren't friendly, looks like you're busted too!

You just shot up? Yea, you aren't moving for the next few hours, eh?
So much for driving.

My only point is that one is as bad as the next. In the end, it's like Pen and Teller said, 'Who cares what you do, As long as you're not hurting those around you.'

As far as the 'War on Drugs' is concerned, I feel deeply sorry for those members of our human race who don the kevlar and the badge to uphold a law against drugs while powers that be, with their conspiracies and bullshit (all for profit) make their deals so they can fuel alternative wars for further profit and media.

Wow... talk about segway...
CompactHaven
tantoedge wrote:
After critical thinking I've come to a conclusion.

Drugs aren't bad, drugs aren't the problem.
People are.

Same with guns,
bombs,
torture equipment,
website software- (people like me who make ugly websites),
wild animals
knifes,
swords,
bats,
tanks,

Nothing new.

I have come to the same conclusion that as long as they aren't hurting anyone else, it shouldn't matter.
However, people still become addicted to drugs, and then it becomes other people's problem when they start to rob and steal.
It also becomes the familie's problem when they get worried sick about a loved one who's hooked on drugs or has hurt someone. Even themselves.
SkullPizza
Yeah, I've done drugs for years and I'm a law abiding 4.0 GPA chem student in college.

Some people just don't have any self control.
OutlawSpirit
its all f----ked up............. but i guess thats the way life is, f---ked up, we gotta liv with it... drugs = money
Reaper
of course its all human error, pretty much every single problem we create in life is human error and theres no getting around that.
thiamshui
why do they make drugs in the first place? for personal gain? it's far too ebil.. humans should tink about benefitting the rest of their kind instead of making things that only benefit themselves..
Vrythramax
tantoedge wrote:
In the end, it's like Pen and Teller said, 'Who cares what you do, As long as you're not hurting those around you.'

If only it were that simple. If that were the case, I might be using drugs. The fact remains though that by purchasing drugs you create a market for them and the people who are in control of that market aren't content with just hurting the end user of thier product(s), they are killing innocent people who happen to get in the way of thier petty little turf wars or killing the cops that are trying to do a job.

I understand there is no easy answer to the drug problem, and I am not trying to suggest any course of action. Drugs have been around alot longer than I have and will be around alot longer than I will, but I don't think we are helping any by actually financing the "drug lords" (for lack of a better term) by purchasing drugs.....or for that matter spreading it around that drug use is alright as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else....because it has clearly been shown in our own lifetimes, that drug related deaths/fatalaties are not limited to only drug users.
rightclickscott
*Sigh*

Reading this thread kind of makes me feel even more cynical. I don't want to blow my cover, which I probably just did, but look at the economy of every othe country in the world. Really good, no? Now look at America's economy. Very sh*ty, no? Why are all the economies so much better? Aside from the small land mass, most of them have legalized and distribute worldwide what America considers illegal narcotics.
SkullPizza
rightclickscott wrote:
*Sigh*

Reading this thread kind of makes me feel even more cynical. I don't want to blow my cover, which I probably just did, but look at the economy of every othe country in the world. Really good, no? Now look at America's economy. Very sh*ty, no? Why are all the economies so much better? Aside from the small land mass, most of them have legalized and distribute worldwide what America considers illegal narcotics.

Ummmm.... wtf are you talking about? Seriously? Where do you get your information? Jesus some people just don't know anything....

The United States is the richest country in the world. It has the most powerful economy out of any country ever. The only country that has had a better economy than the US was the US in the past.

G'head, research it for yourself - I dare you.

Although the American economy is on a downslope right now no other economy comes close even now.

Fools....