FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Attention Music Lovers - You have to see this!

Hayes
www.pandora.com

I just found this site a few days ago and it is so awesome. It is like an online radio where you type in bands you like and it finds other bands like them and plays music by them. You have to check it out!
Marston
Lol this was just reviewed on Call For Help Razz.
blackheart
This is amazing, I can't believe I've never seen it before.

I can't believe the range of bands on there either.

Everybody check it out, I've just "discovered" a couple bands I didn't know 5 minutes ago. Very Happy.

(Even if this post is suspect of advertising, the content is actually worth-while looking at).
SunburnedCactus
I was a bit skeptical about this site at first, but it is just so well put together and professional, and it works so well! Even for my esoteric tastes it has come up with a lot of good stuff!
Insanity
I agree that I too was skeptical but I tried it for a few minutes and the results were pretty darn accurate. Free music! Who can complain? And it's all so professionally done and simple to use. One of the better ways to discover new music that you like.
Keshav
Nice link!! Thanks a lot!!

WOW!! This is an excellent site!! The interface is also awesome! Thank you very much for posting the same!!
psihich
I've seen this service about a month ago and I like it and use it alot. U got to check it out Razz
eku53ru
My sister introduced me to Pandora; however, for some reason I've lost interest in it. Maybe it's 'cause of the streaming factor (which isn't that bad, but I guess I'm just bugged to hear a list of music that's been randomly selected for me).

Kudos to them for getting me hooked on an indie rock group, though; I was finally able to snag their album at a bookstore shopping spree. Very Happy
Mooty
another similar site is http://www.last.fm

and yeah they are awesome sites, except sometimes you get music that really dont want to hear and isnt similar to the group you've chosen.
blackheart
Mooty wrote:
another similar site is http://www.last.fm

and yeah they are awesome sites, except sometimes you get music that really dont want to hear and isnt similar to the group you've chosen.

That's deliberate, and half the point of the site. It plays you slightly differet things to see if you like them, so it can branch out and find more music for you. Also it is testing to see what elements of each band you like. If it played music that was the same in every way, then it probably means the music isn't that great... because you could hardly call it original.