FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Has anybody read - The Summons?

Vrythramax
I received a book today, The Summons by John Grisham and was wondering if anybody has read the book. I have read another of his books sometime ago and don't really remember what his writing style was, or if I even liked his work. Can anyone tell me anything else he has written that I might now of, or perhaps movies he has done if any? I'll end up reading the book anyway, I'm just curious about the author, his name certainly rings a bell in my memory.
wumingsden
Vrythramax wrote:
I received a book today, The Summons by John Grisham and was wondering if anybody has read the book. I have read another of his books sometime ago and don't really remember what his writing style was, or if I even liked his work. Can anyone tell me anything else he has written that I might now of, or perhaps movies he has done if any? I'll end up reading the book anyway, I'm just curious about the author, his name certainly rings a bell in my memory.

His name really rings a bell in my mind too, I'll search it up.

Update - (At least) Two of his books where made into films:

The Pelican Brief (1992)
The Rainmaker (1995) ~ (I think Leonardo De carprio starred in it)

All of his other books are located here: http://www.randomhouse.com/features/grisham/main.php
Vrythramax
ahhhh...Thank You wumingsden Smile

I did read The Pelican Brief and I have seen the movie as well. I knew I knew this guys name from somewhere, I just couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for the link and for clearing this up for me....good looking out Smile
wumingsden
Vrythramax wrote:
ahhhh...Thank You wumingsden Smile

I did read The Pelican Brief and I have seen the movie as well. I knew I knew this guys name from somewhere, I just couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for the link and for clearing this up for me....good looking out Smile

Your Welcome, I have also read the books, but not The Summons - I may give it a try.
Vrythramax
After checking out the link you provided I found that he also wrote The Firm which was made into a movie that starred Tom Cruise (I think). He seems a very prolific writer, but from what I have seen, most of his main charactors are either lawyers, clients of lawyers, or people who are using the law some advantage....or disadvantage as the case may be. I guess he is the literary standard bearer for the legal proffesion Wink

Like they needed another mouthpiece...lol.