FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new firewall for free please

charredii
hi all

I really need a new firewall: zone alarm free cannot open specific ports. I need something more, anyone got anything??
wumingsden
charredii wrote:
hi all

I really need a new firewall: zone alarm free cannot open specific ports. I need something more, anyone got anything??

http://www.iopus.com/guides/free-firewall.htm

I have just brought ZoneAlarm Pro and installed it. What I didn't know though was that it hides certain images. I don't know why but I learnt the hard way Sad
Animal
wumingsden wrote:
I have just brought ZoneAlarm Pro and installed it. What I didn't know though was that it hides certain images. I don't know why but I learnt the hard way Sad

Surely there's an option to disable this somewhere? Is there an ad-blocker built in that you don't know about?
wumingsden
Animal wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Surely there's an option to disable this somewhere? Is there an ad-blocker built in that you don't know about?

Well I installed the free trial of ZoneAlarm Pro and then brought a license key for it. I have checked on all the options and I can't see no where that I can allow all images to be shown. Crying or Very sad I uninstalled it and then installed the basic version thinking that it may not block images but it still does and again i can't see no option which is why I've been saying some stupid things at the moment, (like my Sig and that Topic that I created about me/us/you). I also thought that it may have been because of a clash with GhostSurf 2005 Platinum but fount out that they work fine together.
if anybody knows how to allow all images to be shown then i'd really appreciate it. Its probably a really simple option ~ note that it shows most images but not all.
Driftwood
CHANGING ZONEALARM FIREWALL SETTINGS SO THAT YOU CAN SEE IMAGES:
1) Open ZoneAlarm by right clicking on the icon in the task tray.
2) Click Privacy on the left side.
3) Under Cookie control, select Custom.
4) In the Custom Privacy Options window, choose the Cookies tab.
5) Unclick Remove Private Header Information.

ZoneAlarm also blocks images if you have settings on "High". A 'quick fix' for this is to change back to Default settings for ZoneAlarm, which is "Medium".

Hope this helps,
Driftwood
wumingsden
Driftwood wrote:
CHANGING ZONEALARM FIREWALL SETTINGS SO THAT YOU CAN SEE IMAGES:
1) Open ZoneAlarm by right clicking on the icon in the task tray.
2) Click Privacy on the left side.
3) Under Cookie control, select Custom.
4) In the Custom Privacy Options window, choose the Cookies tab.
5) Unclick Remove Private Header Information.

ZoneAlarm also blocks images if you have settings on "High". A 'quick fix' for this is to change back to Default settings for ZoneAlarm, which is "Medium".

Hope this helps,
Driftwood

Tried it out although I don't know wether it works yet. This is because all of the images are already cached but hopefully none are hidden anymore
charredii
well, back to the topic

anyone got a free/open-sourced firewall that works well and has a nice GUI??
Animal
Outpost Firewall? - I've never used it before, but it's free. Not open source either.
charredii
doesn't necessarily have to be open source, just as long as it's free

what firewall (paid or free) does everyone else use??
charredii
somebody please help... did anybody have any experience with the programs mentioned above??
virtualsom
I use Filseclab Personal Firewall Professional Edition as the firewall and xsoft.org's Free HTTP Monitor.

Belive me , both are Free and Easy to use .

- Virtualsom ( Wink .. Sys admin by profession )
matrix07
Install the latest version of Zone alarm,it is more secure than the other
other firewall softwares!!!
looksbad
Im with ZoneAlarm Pro my hook up is so secure Smile i can see images fine maybe that thing posted will get you on the right lines..