FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Microsoft Defender is installing me crazy

devroom
The same definition has been installed more than 10 times for today. Had some1 the same problem and hopefully the fix?
ocalhoun
Make use of nuclear weapons. That should stop your computer from downloading difinitions.
Alternitively:
Install linux.
Disconnect from the internet.
Shut down the computer.
Get a different antivirus.
Change the settings of the antivirus program to only check for updates at cetrain times.
devroom
pff know all that stuff Very Happy

lets read again what i wrote:
Quote:
Had some1 the same problem and hopefully the fix?
Wink
Jack_Hammer
devroom wrote:
The same definition has been installed more than 10 times for today. Had some1 the same problem and hopefully the fix?

Yes I see the problem, unfortunatly I've seen it before, so many casses of it, it's a bug your computers got, all you have to do is remove everything with the word 'Micro$oft' or 'Windowz'...

It's so sad when a computer gets a windows virus...
devroom
Nop no virus. I use good programs Very Happy (not all l*gal of course Very Happy )
Animal
Probably, the best thing to do is uninstall Windows Defender, restart then reinstall.

Jack_Hammer wrote:
Yes I see the problem, unfortunatly I've seen it before, so many casses of it, it's a bug your computers got, all you have to do is remove everything with the word 'Micro$oft' or 'Windowz'...

Now, maybe it's just me, but I think removing your Operating System and installing a completely different one is a slightly drastic step considering the user has a problem with one program.

Rolling Eyes Out-spoken Linux users, eh???* Rolling Eyes

* - Before anybody starts whining at me, I use WinXP and Ubuntu on a dual boot, and yeah, before root starts telling me Ubuntu is evil, I'm aware that I'm going to hell, and I'm comfortable with that. Wink