FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Love Lust and Age

akshar
I am just 19 years old.
When a person of my age falls in love there are so many complexities involved. First is it really love? or is it just lust?
If it is lust should I go with it?

I dont want to repent later in my life that I did not make use of the chance I once got.
bigstyleee
as they say, its better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all.

dont rush into anything but, dont be affraid to take a chance.
Garnet
I think time is the only real answer when it comes to that. I mean it becomes pretty obvious it isn't love when you've been together awhile and the relationship isn't doing so great since the novelty died down. I think if it is love then you appreciate all aspects of the person (you definitely have to be aware of their flaws or you'd be kidding yourself). When lust is all it is ( I think) then probably you won't be in a place where you're aware of every side of the person, but just their best points.

If you decide it's lust and want to go with it, then just make sure that the both of you know what this relationship's about. It can be pretty harsh when one person think things are deeper than they are.
Kaneda
To me, in many cases, it's better to regret something you did than something you didn't. Like Garnet said, as long as both of you know what the relationship is about (and when you don't know what it's about, both of you should know that too Wink ).

Also (in my opinion) falling in love is not the same as being in love. There's no way you'll know "if it's love" when you first start out in a relationship, no matter your age. Love comes from trust, respect and insight into your partner as a person. And those things won't materialise in your mind the moment you get closer to a person - they will only evolve by giving the relationship a chance in the first place.

Quote:
When a person of my age falls in love there are so many complexities involved.

I'm 27, and it's not like things are always less complicated when you fall in love at my age. And judging from the experience of friends who are in their forties, it doesn't seem that's going to change any time soon Wink If it was simple, humanity would probably have lost interest a long time ago Laughing
naked_in_a_snowsuit
Falling in love always has its complications, no matter what age you are. As has been said, only time has the answer as to whether it's love or not as you still have so much to learn of that other person.

"I'd rather bleed with cuts of love than live without any scars" (Love Song - Pink) and it's so true. Everyone gets hurt at some point in their lives, it does make you miserable and feel like life's never going to be the same again. These things make you stronger, it's all life experience.
willstefan
Well, the first thing, people need to know is...what is love?
Is that "butterfly" feeling in your stomach, or is that, simply crazy attraction, for someone?
People sometimes go, too fast with their feelings, before you do that, you need to see what love means to you, and is the thing you feel for the certian person, love, or just lust?
Yes, I know it can be complicated, but it is there, and there is no running away Very Happy
ladyrobina
willstefan wrote:
Well, the first thing, people need to know is...what is love?
Is that "butterfly" feeling in your stomach, or is that, simply crazy attraction, for someone?
People sometimes go, too fast with their feelings, before you do that, you need to see what love means to you, and is the thing you feel for the certian person, love, or just lust?
Yes, I know it can be complicated, but it is there, and there is no running away :D

There has to be some lust, as well as love, if a relationship is going to work. I think you know if it is more than lust if your day is not complete without at least talking to the person. Seeing is better of course.
AtcPhoenix
I knowwww that i've been in love before and im only 21. It hit me at 14, i still have feeling sfor her. Im waiting for the one to love me back right now though. ou'll know your in love like you know your crashing plane, it hits you, it hits you hard. Like ground zero from a plane coming down at terminalvelocity from 20000 feet.

* "It is no surprise to me that hardly anyone tells the truth about how they feel. The smart ones keep themselves to themselves for good reason. Why would you want to tell anyone anything that's dear to you? Even when you like them and want nothing more than to be closer than close to them? It's so painful to be next to someone you feel strongly about and know you can't say the things you want to."
o Solipsist

* "I must tell you that I was always afraid of the fury with which I loved you. It overwhelmed me. I thought it beyond comprehension, therefore my silence."
o Solipsist

* "I will never say the things that I want to say to you. I know the damage it would do. I love you more than I hate my loneliness and pain."
o Solipsist

* "They say true love only comes around once and you have to hold out and be strong until then. I have been waiting. I have been searching. I am a man under the moon, walking the streets of earth until dawn. There's got to be someone for me. It's not too much to ask. Just someone to be with. Someone to love. Someone to give everything to. Someone."
o Solipsist
Cityboi813
Basically, I was told that 19 was too young to be falling in love, life your life before you start looking for soulmates n' ish.
megastar
the true answer is within you only.

because u will surely know weather u are loving the person or wanting the person just out of lust.

i think you have asked this question because

1. u are big flirt
2. u started loving the opposite person
3. confused weather to flirt or love

Twisted Evil
livilou
Cityboi813 wrote:
Basically, I was told that 19 was too young to be falling in love, life your life before you start looking for soulmates n' ish.

Why is 19 too young to fall in love? I was married at 19 and this week we'll be celebrating our 21st anniversary (yes, I've given away my age, so sue me Very Happy ).

Age has no bearing on weither you can fall in love or not. Maturity has more bearing on that. There are 16 year olds that are more mature than some 60 year olds that I know. Age is just the number of years we've lived on this earth. It doesn't define who we are or what we've been through.
brilliantbeauty
Try fourteen. That is pure hell. Now I'm not saying we randomly fall in love at frouteen, but its really hard to take anything seriously or for anyone to make a move at this age in fear of being ostracised.

I think as you grow older, love takes on deeper meaning.

But I think you ought to give it a try. Just dont rush into marriage. ^_^
Subsonic Sound
Cityboi813 wrote:

If you meet your soulmate, you meet your soulmate. Your age makes no difference to that - and if you let him/her get away because you think you're too young... you'll regret it. Badly.

You only get so many shots at something like this, so grab them when they come. If it turns out it wasn't love, well, you tried. Better have it not work out than wonder forever whether it would have.
budazz
i think when you feel something strange or i think you are acting diffrently i think this is love but if you feel you like her when you only see her i think is just a lust