FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Broken Hearts

lovexox
I broke up with my boyfriend 1.5 months ago after almost 4 years, we still LOVE eachother and very sad, but we cant be together for many reasons (long story), we want, but we cant:(
I need some Ideas how to overcome this guy and keep in my life.
hahame
time is a good medicine to cure the guys problem.
Garnet
I don't know if you get over someone you love if you keep them around you Sad
bigstyleee
the way i see it, is you cant get over someone your in love with.

forget all the other stuff, the most important thing is that your both still in love with each other... and all the other stuff you can work out.

give it another go and learn from your mistakes.
famarama
I had a similar problem and a friend suggested something that his shrink had told him to try.

You say it's a long story. So write it all down. Everything. You might try simply writing whatever you think of right off the top of your head. Then read it over and organize it, just as if you were writing an essay for school. Add to it. Subtract from it. Go into a lot of detail. Explain things as if you were trying to get someone else to understand the situation.

You don't have to post it here. It's a tool for you to study the situation in detail. If you do it right, one of two things will happen.

In my friend's case, he saw some things that could be changed and was able to save his relationship. In my case, I saw how false hopes and expectations on my part had led to a hopeless situation, so decided to move on. It still wasn't fun, but at least I had a clear understanding of why things had gone wrong. And I had a better understanding of what pitfalls lay ahead for the next relationship.

I've passed this on to other friends, most of whom seemed to think it helped.
famarama
Here's another suggestion.

Whether or not you try my first one, you might consider this.

Since I came to the conclusion that the relationship discussed in my first post was a dead one, I decided to try to ease the inevitable depression.

So I resolved not to sit around watching TV and moping and feeling sorry for myself. I started taking walks around my downtown neighborhood. If you smile and speak to people, you can meet a lot of interesting folks, not necessarily for relationships, but just to chat with.

I signed up to do some volunteer work, first at a soup kitchen, handing out meals to the homeless, then at the local library branch. It was there that I met my next lover, who I am still with three years later.

And I went out. To art galleries, poetry readings, music festivals, wherever there was stimulation and people around. It was easier for me because I'm a man and I managed to overcome my reluctance to go out alone, but surely you can find a friend, male or female, to accompany you.

The main thing is to be active, and before you know it, you'll find that your life is not as bad as it seems.
shmirlywhirl
in my opinion, once you love someone, nothing is ever going to change that. you can fall in love, but its impossible to fall out of it.

something similar happened to me, but i was only dating her for like a year. it was hard for me to move on, but i realized it was time to move on.

thinking about someone you cant have sucks. it only puts you in a bad mood. so it would be wise to cut your loses and move on.
Inner_Sakura
You have to belive ( don't know if is that word) them its over. Stop think about him , is past. You have to belive them if you can't get out he of your head, you can't go on and be happy , you can't open your heart to others. You have to trust in your ''want to'' , in yourself , belive that you can forget him.

Is all I can say.
Gieter
I agree with hahame, that time is the best cure. But in your case you may have to wait a lot (don't want to depress you, this is just the truth.) So try to 'enjoy' the time while you're waiting, seek contact with friends, do some things to think about something else,... And you're not the only one who has a broken heart at the moment. That may be a consoling thought too.
Scorpio
If you like or dont like it, you can try some sports, adventure sports like bungee jumping, skydiving, or something exciting with a group of friends.

The sheer adrenaline rush will probably make you forget what happened before that.

On a more serious note, dont keep alone, be with friends, or perhaps a pet dog or someone for company. It will keep your mind off unpleasant things.
technospecial
i think you have to believe together.you belif in him and he belif in you. Love will still a long time if we're believe together.
Jman4690
I have a girlfriend
admin02159
last time when i proposed few times to a girl that i like her, she ignored me Crying or Very sad event we don't talk to each other. later when I finally success on her, it was really happy Razz
frozenhead
Well, just keep yourself busy with other stuffs like learning a new skill, hanging out with close friends.

Moving on is really hard to do though there will come a time you will realize its the right thing to do. Wink
danito
Jea Jea, been there and tried that one. In my case I moved overseas to check out other stuff and kinda not have to be around all those hard feelings, which, don't get me wrong, were still there. It was a real eye opener, there are just so many other amazing people out there and while I still love my ex dearly, it's love that has changed into us just really caring for each other and being good friends. it's all good. Mind you on the flipside I'm now a hopeless romantic and just get severe crushes about every 3 months.
areacode_777
sad sorry person here confessing how depressed they are at the moment...

its not fair, i have looked towards the stars and clouds too many times, waiting for when i should come alive, waiting for that one person who should fulfil me...i have waited for too long that i can no longer stand it...it doesnt help when there is no certainty within me...for i cannot be certain of what i feel

...and lets face facts Love doesnt exist: a lovely quote from Mr Moody

http://bigjuicybrains.net/moody/love_is.html

Quote:
Love is an inherent addiction to sebum, a chemical secreted by the sebaceous glands. [/love]

...don worry this is just temporary, ill get back to my happy self soon...
vivianameerun
in my opinion, once you love someone, nothing is ever going to change that. you can fall in love, but its impossible to fall out of it.

something similar happened to me, but i was only dating her for like a year. it was hard for me to move on, but i realized it was time to move on.

thinking about someone you cant have sucks. it only puts you in a bad mood. so it would be wise to cut your loses and move on.
SmackAHobo
Do what guys would do, go out and talk to other girls (guys for you, unless of course you swing both ways)

Goodluck with this. Very Happy