FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Where to start?

Solugon
I'm a bit.. uh... overwhelmed at the DirectAdmin thing.I don't really know where to start, and I have no PHP or CSS knowledge (but I'm pretty good with HTML). I'm a bit lost as to using this thing effectively. Can anyone give me some ideas on where to start?

EDIT: Another question: How do I use the FTP I got a link to when my account request was approved? It just shows an Apache "installation complete" thing.
Bondings
Your main folder is /domains/<subdomain_name>/public_html/ . That's where you need to place the files for your website. Also please don't delete the other files as most are needed for mail, statistics and other things.

There is already an index.html file in that directory, that's the one you see when you currently access your website. There always needs to be an index.php or index.html file for the directory to show any outputs if you access it.

So the first thing you need to do is replace the current index.html file with a file with the same name (not Index.html or inDex.html). You can do that with ftp or the file manager in your DirectAdmin.
Solugon
Yes, I did that already. The box that normally shows you the DirectAdmin logo now shows my guild's name, server, and the game it's in. I know how to make websites, per se, but not how to use DirectAdmin.

And the FTP eludes me. All I see is an Apache installation complete page.
Bondings
In this case, there is a complete site as the 'help' site for DirectAdmin: http://www.site-helper.com/ .
Solugon
Ah, wonderful! Thanks. Very Happy