FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Redesigned Nintendo DS

bassgs_17
It has just been confirmed that redesigned Nintendo DS has been released in Japan, featuring (possible)web browsing capability with the same hardware specs. You can watch a Japanese newscast highlighting this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ogWgYF3r4M

Special thanks to technicallytech for the link!

Any thoughts on this?
-Aquastrike
SilverDogg
what did you dream up after that?

sure, today (or is it tomorrow?) the nintendo ds lite is released in japan, but no, its not disc-based, and it doesnt have hotter specs.

its a new design for the ds, thats pretty much it.
oh0092
You're right silverdogg. That's just stupid rumours...
bassgs_17
Oh.... I'll look into this more, then. I could've sworn...
-Aquastrike
linkman2004
I don't know where you heard that it would have web browsing. Razz Although Opera is in development for the DS.

On the DS lite though I don't plan on buying one. I've already got a regular DS and it's screens are bright enough as they are. Besides I'm probably one of the only people who thinks the design of the original rocks. Smile
Hanpusu-kun
This is like old rumours and old news.
JESUS!!!
Cant this forum post topics in right time?
linkman2004
Yeah, the DS Lite was announced two months ago. Rolling Eyes
bassgs_17
Guys, guys, guys. I don't have all the time in the world to pay attention to this stuff! I'm coding my own game in game maker, trying to maintain all "A's" at my school, maintaining my web page, and trying to get linux on my Winders box. And playing with linux on my iPod. I've got a full day, every day, so I apologize.
-Aquastrike
yukimura_gw
Nintendo is always redesigning their product because most people buy it even if they had the product. DSLite look better than DS. Game Boy advance sold a lot but wasn't backlited. SP was so a lot bought Game Boy Advance SP even if they had one. And a lot of them bought Micro. Believe me, after DSLite will come DSmicro. Smile
dcshoes23
^^^^ that's exactly what I was thinking. They're always redisgning everything, they are pretty much the only company I can think of that does this (besides sony with their psTwo) and it seems to work everytime. Each time they redisign one of their consoles everyone wants to get it, even if they already have one of the older generation ones, even though they already play the games just fine. Everyone just wants to have the newest most up to date design and Nintendo is taking advantage of that.
bassgs_17
yes, I agree. They do redesign every d*** thing... Oh, well. That's just nintendo for ya.
-Aquastrike
SilverDogg
they improve things aswell. the screen is a lot better on the lite than on the original ds.
Spe_eddy
i think it looks a lot better, its much cooler, and it is gonna definitely have web browsing, and its a all round better design, its still probably as good as the psp, but i think it looks better, and i have a PS2 anyway, so i dont want to get a psp, i'll just get the games on PS2 i think games like Mario Kart and advance wars make the DS just as good as the PSP, even better if it wasn't for GTA. Also Pro Evo is going to come out on DS! Smile
Punker
PSP pwnz DS, but I have to say the internet/broswer for the DS is alot better then PSP's.