You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jobs in Europe for English Speaking foreigns?

Does anyone knows if there is a chance to a english/portuguese (south americam) speaking foreing get a nice job (not to wash dishes) in Europe?
I mean some webdesign or graphic design.
Is there anyone around here in this situation?
Yer i wonder if i can be done for french english too
Sure, there's always demand for graphic designers, especially western europe. In ireland I did a weeks' work experience in web design and the most popular market is for computer courses here in Ireland.
I am planning a "backpack trip" throught Europe this year, and I was wondering if I could get a job there. I know everthing about computers and nowadays I am a graphic designer here in brazil, but I hear people saying that in Europe you cant get a nice job if you just speak English, they say that you have to know at least the employer's language, if you don't wanna wash dishes or clean bathroons.
I have a computer graduated friend In Holland but he is a sailor and say that peolpe dont give good jobs to foreings there...
Well, I think I will accept the risk and try something in wester europe, but i will research a lot first...Thank you lennon
Lennon > I'm looking for a job in web design. Can you give me some contacts you have?
I can do some html, php, and sql things...
And i also use Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Indesign, and i also like very much FLASH...
Thank you...
Is it easy to get Working Visa?
ya should get the job.......what matter is how skillfull you are in what you do.....and if you speak english that should be good already.....
I guess it will be very easy to find a job for web designer, isnt it?
yet the problem may be how do you get the working permit? some times it is named working VISA also.
I am not quite sure, but if you enter European Union with a tourist visa, you have to return to your home country after you find a job. Then you have to apply for a work permit and visa. If you are looking for info on how to get a work permit in UK, check out this website:

There is some helpful info for you.
First of all learn to write English!

Speaking a language is one thing, but knowing the structure of a language enough to write grammaically is another.

English is a rich and complicated language and takes some mastering.
kijiji is a european equivalent of craigslist

both are good places to find work, but kijiji is in each local language whereas craigslist is in english.

some basic knowledge of the local language will always get you further
Is there demand of programming in england and how is the monthly average pay for a web developer/programmer?

How hard is it to get a work visa