FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nuclear War?

Are we going to have a nuclear war?
yes
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
no
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

pecad0re
Anyone reckons we are about to start a nuclear war? I hear on the news that Iran is capable of producing a nuclear bomb. And to be honest i wouldnt be suprised if they were able to do so! One thing i am sure of: The wepons of mass destruction aren't in Afghanistan, nor in Iraq....but in Iran! lol Someone needs to tell Bush that he missed slightly the country he was going to evade after the 11th of September. Never the less, he can always evade Iran too, i mean, would that be a problem to America? I dont think so. What ever happens, wether or not America evades Iran, i reckon we are approaching an Era of Nuclear Terrorism, and you? what you think?
libelau
North Korea or is it South... well you get the idea.
Scorpio
Probably we can expect a nuclear war at the way things are heading at the moment.
Also the situation in iraq is deteriorating every day.
Heading towards civil war there.
Afghanistan is no better.
Iran is ready to fight US
US has quite a handful of enemies all over the place
Thanks to Dear Bush
Seregwethrin
Yeah i think we'r going but not now

because wars are planning hundred years ago.
Helios
100% sure we'll have a third world war soon.

The Israeli Air Force destroyed Iraq's nuclear reactors some time ago.
And the same story happenes with Iran today: Putin is helping them to build a nuclear reactor for "electrical energy production"(yea **** right).

Anyway, this thing is wayy bigger than us.
So let's just live our lives and what will happen - will probably happen.(now or later)
Vrythramax
A nuclear war....probobly not. Nuclear terrorism....almost certainly. It's not the country that has, or wants a bunch of nuclear weapons, that you have to worry about, it's that 1 nimrod who wants just 1 bomb that you have to be scared of. Even at times like this cooler heads still run our countries, they may be running them into the ground, but who will care in 1,000 years? The proliferation of weapons of mass destruction is not just limited to the big countries, I believe Iraq has the capabilities to produce a nuclear weapon, the technology is free and available from a number of sources, they only need the plutonium. But I don't think they are going to be stupid enough to actually use one of them....they would end up facing off against the world if they did, and I don't think even they really want the inevitable outcome of even a small (if there is any such thing as a "small" nuclear war) nuclear war. I agree with Helios, don't live in fear, what is going to happen will probobly happen, no matter what we want.
SkullPizza
God I hope not.
OutlawSpirit
i doubt it will happen soon... Laughing
mathiaus
libelau wrote:
North Korea or is it South... well you get the idea.

You can visit the south but you'r not allowed in the North. Their the dangerous ones!

Nuclear war? One day yes, but how long untill then I don't know. America will no doubt be some part and one of the countries in the middle east.
Jack_Hammer
Nuclear war is a stupid idea, actually war is a pretty stupid idea. As George Carlin said:

George Carlin wrote:
That's what all that adolescent macho male posturing and strutting in bars and locker rooms is all about. It's called DICK FEAR. Men are terrified that their pricks are inadequete and so they have to compete with one another to feel better about themselves. And since war is the ultimate competition, basically men are killing each other in order to improve their self-esteem. You don't have to be a historian or a political scientist to see the BIGGER DICK FOREIGN POLICY theory at work. It sounds like this, "What they have bigger dicks?! BOMB THEM!!!"
ocalhoun
However, nuclear war is not as stupid as conventional war. Technology of destruction will not stop advancing untill anyone we decide we don't like automaticly disapears.
mschnell
This topic is a total downer to read. I don't want nucluar war. I don't want war. I never meant to hurt anybody, but look where things are headed. I think it's about time to go hide under a leaf somewhere.
Petee
Yeah, war is never good, but if another world war happens, and chances are one will, history almost always repeats itself because nobody pays attention in history class Laughing , it most likely be nuclear. That's just the way it is. Why would our leaders use foot soldiers or other things when they can just launch a missile and completely destroy their enemy. I just hope they realize (before they shoot the missle) that it will have devastate the planet, or a good chunk of it.
mae1strom
Sure hope not Sad
valkyrie-heavens
I think nuclear war is inevitable. its not gonna happen right away but it will escalate to that eventually. With all the bombing over there, Bush might aswell just blow up the earth cause its all gonna lead to that anyways. I dont mean to get all biblical or scare anyone, but this is supposed to be the war to end all wars.
psycosquirrel
I don't think there will be a nuclear war. If someone is supid enough to let a nuke fly, the USA will end up turning their whole country (and probably 10 around it) into a giant radioactive crater. So it will be more of a massive homicide on a scale never seen before... Then, after the explosion there will be a giant radioactive cloud of death killing us all. Woohoo.
yatria
Nuclear war is not a comfortable subject. Throughout all the variations, possibilities,
and uncertainties that this study describes, one theme is constant—a nuclear
war would be a catastrophe. A militarily plausible nuclear attack, even “limited, ”
could be expected to kill people and to inflict economic damage on a scale unprecetiented
in American experience; a large-scale nuclear exchange would be a calamity
unprecedented in human history. The mind recoils from the effort to foresee the
details of such a calamity, and from the careful explanation of the unavoidable uncertainties
as to whether people would die from blast damage, from fallout radiation, or
from starvation during the following winter. But the fact remains that nuclear war is
possible, and the possibility of nuclear war has formed part of the foundation of international
politics, and of U.S. policy, ever since nuclear weapons were used in 1945.
Vrythramax
valkyrie-heavens wrote:
I think nuclear war is inevitable. its not gonna happen right away but it will escalate to that eventually. With all the bombing over there, Bush might aswell just blow up the earth cause its all gonna lead to that anyways. I dont mean to get all biblical or scare anyone, but this is supposed to be the war to end all wars.

If I am not mistaken, and it's entirely possible that I am, the first "war to end all wars" was World War 2, and we have been bitching and fighting at one place on the planet or another ever since then. The next major war will more than likely start out like any other confrontation, and will escalate into a nuclear one. I don't believe having nuclear weapons is the deterant it used to be. When the Soviet Union and The United States were going toe to toe and flexing thier nuclear muscles, at least cooler heads prevailed and nothing actually came of it....except for alot of scared citizens in both countries, and all over the world for that matter.

I read somewhere that in recorded history there has only been approx. 4 minutes of actual world peace....not a very promising record.
thiamshui
I don't think there will be.. It has a very high impact on people.. We as human beings belong to a larger community of other human beings in the world.. we have nothing to gain hurting each other..