FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Simpsons better known than First Ammendment





AftershockVibe
I found an intersting, yet unsuprising, artcile on the Beeb this morning;

Quote:
Americans know more about The Simpsons TV show than the US Constitution's First Amendment, an opinion poll says.

Only one in four could name more than one of the five freedoms it upholds but more than half could name at least two members of the cartoon family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4761294.stm


Granted the sample size of 1000 people is rather low but it is probably a good indicator of how little the general public knows (cares?) about the law of the country in which they live (this won't just be an american thing).
Naegi
Quote:
(this won't just be an american thing).


For Canada it is almost the same. I says "almost" because I don't know for the other countries, but where I live, we don't even study the laws. We just saw some of them at school. And yes, I can name more than 2 characters from simpsons Surprised but I can't name some laws, even though I studied some last week...

And I think it changes something in a country. Because politicians are always saying things and when we look at some laws, we discover that sometimes they talk for nothing... but this is just an exemple. I'm not saying that it's always the same everywhere, and maybe my exemple would need more explications...
ocalhoun
That is proof that the constitution is very well written. If it contained serious problems, people would be more apt to pay attention to it.
horseatingweeds
Also, they are not being chalenged. I bet the only one anyone could come up with was freedom of speach. Only because it comes up so often.
heady233
AftershockVibe wrote:
I found an intersting, yet unsuprising, artcile on the Beeb this morning;

Quote:
Americans know more about The Simpsons TV show than the US Constitution's First Amendment, an opinion poll says.

Only one in four could name more than one of the five freedoms it upholds but more than half could name at least two members of the cartoon family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4761294.stm


Granted the sample size of 1000 people is rather low but it is probably a good indicator of how little the general public knows (cares?) about the law of the country in which they live (this won't just be an american thing).


Yeah, I actually have a funny story about that from my social studies class:

    My Teacher: Did you know that 50% of all american's can't name more than one of the five freedoms it america upholds but more than half could name at least two members of the simpsons.

    My Friend: I can name all five.

    My Teacher: Ok what are they?

    My Friend: Homer...

    My Teacher: No not them!!!

    Everyone in the room: Hahahahaha!!!!
Vrythramax
This may have to do with the fact in the US we don't really have to know our laws in order to be protected by them...which may or not be a mistake, it all depends on who is reading/viewing this particular thread at the moment. Most people find laws and the law in general a very boring subject. The Simsons on the other hand provide us with a source of entertainment, and I am sure anyone who has gone to school will agree that if you enjoy a subject, you will retain more of what is taught there. We have all had favorite teachers (I assume anyway) and it seems we all did better in those classes than we did in others that may have been easier. It may have something to do with the fact that we found that particular course/class more enjoyable because we liked the teacher.

Besides, The Simpsons are funnier than the Constitution/Bill of Rights.
Donutey
Woo, I can name four (rights), 10th percentile baby. Rolling Eyes

It's kind of sad, almost nobody knows things like Jefferson was a deist, the treaty at versailles indirectly caused the iraq war, WWII, vietnam war, bosnian war... USSR had a mutiny onboard a submarine carrying nuclear tipped torpedoes during Cuban Missile Crisis... International Relations should be a required class...
phinguyen
my parents were never really around when i waz a kid growing up. i waz alwayz alone in the houze since i could remember and i took care of my little sister when she waz born. buh i'd have to say that tv raised alot of me and i've learned alot of shxt from the simpsons. i mean before they went all krazy they alwayz did throw in facts and what nots in their showz. i seemed to turn out okay on the simpsons. lolz. i didnt thinq kidz nowadayz watched much tv besided the damn mtv chanel, i damn that station to hell, DEATH TO MTV~!
gothicgeek
phinguyen wrote:
my parents were never really around when i waz a kid growing up. i waz alwayz alone in the houze since i could remember and i took care of my little sister when she waz born. buh i'd have to say that tv raised alot of me and i've learned alot of shxt from the simpsons. i mean before they went all krazy they alwayz did throw in facts and what nots in their showz. i seemed to turn out okay on the simpsons. lolz. i didnt thinq kidz nowadayz watched much tv besided the damn mtv chanel, i damn that station to hell, DEATH TO MTV~!


Uh, that's great and all, but why are you using 'z' in every single instance of 's'? I mean that's the sort of thing kids who watch MTV might do to seem cool Smile ...
Insanity
Probably because there are about a million channels for cartoons and movies and theres only like 5 about news and politics. And also, I agree that it should be interesting otherwise nobody would watch it. We grew up watching cartoons and not court hearings.
caroline
That... is sad. But isn't US Hisory and World History a REQUIREMENT in high schools? So it also seems impossible...
shadedflame
caroline wrote:
That... is sad. But isn't US Hisory and World History a REQUIREMENT in high schools? So it also seems impossible...

Half the kids in all american schools, sleep through it all Cool
(^knows from experiance)
nibor
lol i just heard that on the edge ( www.theedge.co.nz) and they think people in new zealand know more about simpsons than new zealand itself because they asked listeners questions about it
odinstag
AftershockVibe wrote:
I found an intersting, yet unsuprising, artcile on the Beeb this morning;

Quote:
Americans know more about The Simpsons TV show than the US Constitution's First Amendment, an opinion poll says.

Only one in four could name more than one of the five freedoms it upholds but more than half could name at least two members of the cartoon family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4761294.stm


Granted the sample size of 1000 people is rather low but it is probably a good indicator of how little the general public knows (cares?) about the law of the country in which they live (this won't just be an american thing).


A good friend of mine does polls for gallop. He polled people on this one and was shocked by it. He's a real patriot and like me, don't understand how a people could profess freedomand know nothing about it at all.

My fellow Americans have turned intoa muddy lot of whiners and professional hand holders.
Code of Ruin
Well that is the typical American stereotype we know around here. Whenever I ask someone to name a few of the constitutional rights we have nearly every 8 year old kid can name at least some.
Technaut
Code of Ruin wrote:
Well that is the typical American stereotype we know around here. Whenever I ask someone to name a few of the constitutional rights we have nearly every 8 year old kid can name at least some.


typical haughty european attitude.
keempe
i don't hava much to say about this topic excep that the simpsons rule
bdoneck
Even if this were true, its much easiers to remember two names from a show that you watch than to remember 5 paragraphs from the constitution.
godset
It's disappointing that Americans continue to be ignorant of First Amendment freedoms but even more disappointing is that that these freedoms are more and more in the news
Soulfire
I saw this on the News, and it's really sort of paints an inaccurate picture. It's just that more Americans are exposed to the Simpsons more than the Constitution, it's not (in all cases) that they don't care.
sp0rtsaddict023
This is actually rather true. I was driving to school the other day with my dad and he turned on the radio and there was this interviewere that went on the streets asking random people if they knew their 1st amendments. Most of them only knew freedom of speech and it was estimated that only 1/4 people actually know them, so it was rather surprising and a learning experience.
Code of Ruin
Technaut wrote:
Code of Ruin wrote:
Well that is the typical American stereotype we know around here. Whenever I ask someone to name a few of the constitutional rights we have nearly every 8 year old kid can name at least some.


typical haughty european attitude.

Yes it is a haughty attitude, however it is a stereotype. Fortunately most Europeans don't think this way of Americans (at least not where I live). If I wrecked somebodies good mood writing this down then I am sorry. It is pretty sad however that people know less about their constitutional rights then about tv show. I reckon everybody who is that way just got their priorities wrong. It is essential to know what rights you have and which you don't, that way you have an idea of what you can do and cannot do. Of course here too, there are people that know more about soap operas then their constitution.
kam311
I think it was that same article that mentioned people didn't know 'pleading the fifth' referred to the fifth amendment - the right not to incriminate yourself in court. Personally, i can probably name all the simpsons characters. i can probably name 4 of the 5 first admendment rights, but to not know them at all is kinda sad.
barkman
While I agree that it's good to know the laws that formed/keep your freedom, isn't this a comparison between two different things? 5 names, or words, used in pop-culture and spewed at least 10 times a day if you're channel surfing compared to the US Constitution's First Amendment. Sad though this ignorance may be, I'm more surprised to find that there are people surprised by this. Especially considering that a 1000 person sample can be swayed if not totally random. And even then, true random allows the possibility of a similar grouping within the set. I think, if anything, it should motivate people to learn a little more about their country, but it's hardly shocking (and that's not a slam against the US).
chip1980
wewll for starters simpsons gets advertised more,
and the simpsons have been around for how long? 15 years?
also people maybe dont wanna no about the american peeps cus there governemnt is pretty piss annoying with bush and all!
ashwin88
it is a fact that nobody cares about old boring pieces of partchments.
whether it is the constitution or the bible.
it is how the present generation has been made.we have grown on a diet of rock,rap,carrtoons,vedio games ,sex,and violence.
we understand the presence of the ancient works of literatur Rolling Eyes but we don't really appreciate the hard work and effort behind it.

simpsons has been a huge hit because it is a fearless,bold expression of ideas..(like mad).
although criticising isn't really a great achievement,it does a lot of good too.
if there weren't shows like this people wouldn't notice the oddities of celebrities or the american society.
but i am an indian and i can't tell much about u.s .
the america i know is from shows like simpsons,d.hwand friends.
so i cannot say if the lack of respect or knowledge of the constitution is due to the faults in u.s society.

let us hope someone does bother about it.... Sad
eml298
Because The Simpsons does actually make political statements, albeit sometimes indirectly, I would purport that having people watch it is better than, say Mtv - another cultural phenomenon. Or, for instance, what about how almost everyone watches these ridiculous reality shows where people eat worms for money. There is a complete waste of time/$/worms...

It is sad that people in our country (the US) do not pay more attention to the government and the documents which grant us freedom. I agree with the poster who, somewhere above, said that that is a good indicator of the success of these things. If we had our freedoms impeded more often, you can be sure more people would be reading up on ways to fix things.

I certainly do not rally behind our current set of DC representatives, but I would still rather be here than so many other countries on earth (star spangled banner plays in background...).
Shermanatortank
yeah that is pretty sad.... i used to watch the simpsons all the time when i was little...but then sort of got into politicts instead....and if u go back and watch the simpsons AFTER being eduacted on current events and law....things start making sense....but then again the first amendment is one that should be remembered and respected. For those americans out there who dont know wut it is...im sure there is a simspons episode on it! yaayyyyy Laughing
Twikki
In The UK, The Simpsons is better than Family Guy and American Dad, but futurama is better than the simpsons (Futurama should return in 2008 Very Happy )
onetime8225
thats really bad to here we should make some big changes for education in america
SNES350
I think this makes sense. If the people have always have some "rights", they won't care to remember them well, as they simply take them for granted without thinking about why or how they came to have them. If a person came from another country which denied them these rights, then he would remember them well.
cjtucker
Okay, what a lousy poll. What a waste of time. Why? Because it's obvious. The Simpsons is a highly entertaining, satirical, prime time sit-com. Of course we can more readily identify a few cartoon characters than the freedoms provided to us under the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment.

People keep commenting on how "sad" this is. But everybody knows that what's entertaining is more likely to be remembered than what's not so entertaining.

Besides, I've seen almost every episode of The Simpsons since it's inception over 10 years ago, many of them 2 or 3 times. Has anyone ever recited the First Amendment to you 500 times?...

I think it's comparable to when John Lennon said that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. He didn't mean they were better or more important than Jesus. He meant that they got more exposure.
Rocky3478
Wow, that's really sad. Sad Not only education needs to be changed, I think....
idrather_not
I don't know much about the simpsons, but I defently don't know anything about the first amendment. So yeah i would have to say the i would agree with this forum.
elekis
http://www.lasvegassun.com/dossier/misc/simpsons/photos03.html

thats amazing.
littlegiant
I would have to disagree with a comment made earlier. I think Canadians would score higher on a similar poll. Other polls have been run in America testing their knowledge of current events, politics and whatnot and they've typically produced some embarassing results.

In fact, there's a Canadian T.V. show called "This Hour has 22 Minutes" in which they have a segment called "Talking to Americans" where Rick Mercer, a local comedian, tours the States with a camera crew posing as a journalist testing Americans knowledge of Canada. Mercer manages to totally suck Americans in to believing the most ridiculous things like Canada is not on the 24 hour clock or polar bears are still hunted in Toronto and things like that. You'd never get away with such buffoonery talking to Canadians.
ryan_kerr10
That is very poor, but I do not know what the 1st ammendment is, however I am from northern ireland so I have an excuse.

The simpsons is good tv program, i think it is in its 18th season, and if people have been around the program for 18 years they will probobly remember it very well. But the Simpsons has nothing to do with the 1st ammendment. So I dont think the arguement is realitve. Thats like asking a make of a car or the 1st ammendment. Cars are very common so they will be known most. How often is the 1st ammendment discussed in general conversation!
cfackler
Unfortunately for me, the history department at my high school is not very good. There are umm teachers who umm like can't umm talk properly, and like, ya know, insert words like this into their speach. I used to count these "think words," and some teachers would easily hit 200 in a 42 minute class period.

After looking them up, I realize I knew all the freedoms except the right to petition the government; however, I was inclined to say that I also knew more about the Simpsons.
diverden
Why would this shock anyone? What do we value in America? Who do we pay more, movie stars, sports heroes or teachers? What do we watch on tv or movies; soap operas, reality tv or "real" shows like Lost, or educational shows? Schools reflect the values of society, society apparently values sports and the Simpsons more than education. Don't blame the schools for what society is asking for.
googolplex
i knew the simpsons were popular but i find this sad
dezavelbank
i think that it is in most countries like that, i think here in Belgium the simpsons is like more known like whatever other thing here Smile and i don't mind i love the simpsons they're humour is so funny especially itchy and scratchy
muffinman
I don't think it is a big thing. People don't remember what they don't enjoy, and I think it is perfectly ok for that. Simpsons is fun to watch, from children to adults. The Ammendments are studied in school, which kids often foget. It is not that important to know them, and it is rare that you'll have a time when you needed the knowledge. I don't think this fact has any relationship or reflects the intelligence of the country.
alkady
Well what did you expect, Kids these days dont care about politics. If you actually watched supersized me, You notice in one of the scenes where kids had to indentify a picture one of the kids though George Bush was Jesus or something like that, I dont remember its been a while since I've watched it.

Trying to prove my point, Most kids dont even know what the constitution is, Nor do they even know what Congress is, They think the President does what he wants when he wants.
littlegiant
alkady wrote:
...They think the President does what he wants when he wants.


(*chuckle*)... You mean that's not true? Very Happy
alkady
littlegiant wrote:
I would have to disagree with a comment made earlier. I think Canadians would score higher on a similar poll. Other polls have been run in America testing their knowledge of current events, politics and whatnot and they've typically produced some embarassing results.

In fact, there's a Canadian T.V. show called "This Hour has 22 Minutes" in which they have a segment called "Talking to Americans" where Rick Mercer, a local comedian, tours the States with a camera crew posing as a journalist testing Americans knowledge of Canada. Mercer manages to totally suck Americans in to believing the most ridiculous things like Canada is not on the 24 hour clock or polar bears are still hunted in Toronto and things like that. You'd never get away with such buffoonery talking to Canadians.


Oh, I remember that serie. They also had a segment called talking to Afghanies or something like that where they did similar things to to Afghan locals. I remember in one segment where they got Americans to believe that Canada was building the Peter Man's Bridge and at the end they got Americans to congradulate Canada for such stupidity. That really makes Americans look bad. C'mon in another segment, They got this mother to try and recite all Canadian states and she fell for it until her son pointed out Canada had provinces.
alkady
cfackler wrote:
Unfortunately for me, the history department at my high school is not very good. There are umm teachers who umm like can't umm talk properly, and like, ya know, insert words like this into their speach. I used to count these "think words," and some teachers would easily hit 200 in a 42 minute class period.

After looking them up, I realize I knew all the freedoms except the right to petition the government; however, I was inclined to say that I also knew more about the Simpsons.


You should consider yourself lucky, When I was in High School my History teacher was Mrs. Wilson which was probably the most hated teacher in the whole school. Not only didnt I learn nothing, I even got near failing grades even if I done nothing.

You should see the hell in her class, people where noisy, throwing paper ect. Yet she tries to stop this havoc, But she can't. No one will listen. I honestly felt bad for her, But what could I have done.

But yet on certain areas I hated her, Especially the fact she nearly failed me for doing nothing, During the exams I pratically failed because she told everyone to study the whole book, It seems like its the Teachers revenge.
mstreet
Well it's funny but at the same time why do we as Canadians sometimes laugh about how we know more about the US than actual students that live there. It really says a lot about the education system or what people are being taught. I'm pretty sure that Canadians are the same way though in that they could quote the Simpsons before they know anything about the Constitution. Sad State of Affairs
Soulfire
This is a severely misrepresented statement. We are exposed the Simpsons a ton more than the first amendment. You don't see the first amendment being advertised on TV, you don't see it in a show, and therefore you aren't exposed to a lot of it.

Besides, we usually take our rights for granted. We don't think twice about the cost of freedom, and so most people simply do not care. It's not a matter of "we're dumb" or anything, it's a matter of lack of exposure and our apathy towards it.

You cannot take this at literal context, if you think about it, the results are probably more of the liberal news media trying to force bullcrap down our throats.

But I'll get back to you on that.
TheDarkLord
lol im not even from america so i dont care Razz and i find that quite amusing Razz
otaku
It's because how many times do you watch the simpsons to how many times you study the constitution.

Unless your in a law class, You're going to watch the simpsons.
I can do both.
It's probably because I'm in Civics class.
1st admindment (without looking it up)

  • Freedom of Speech
  • Freedom of Press
  • Freedom of Assembly

Simpsons:

  • Bart
  • Lisa
  • Homer
  • Maggie
  • Marge
  • Mr. Burns
shut up
I think that this is what will lead to the down fall of our country of America.People won't take enough time to care about why they can watch The Simpsons. I know thew constitution better than The Simpsons.

constution
1: freedom of speech and religion
2: right to bear arms (guns- in ignorant peoples terms)
3:Quartering law
4:Search and seizure
5:right to jury
6:right to fast trial and witnesses
7:divorce rights
8:creul and unusual punishment ban
9:no rights construed
10:states can make private laws
The Simpsons:
1: Homer
2: Marge
3: Lisa
4: Bart
that drunk guy, the old psyco guy and his helper, the wierdo neighbor... That's all I can think of
tony
This is very sad to hear. I do hope i will never see a similar statistic about Konungariket Sverige.
bart
Hi @ all,

i love the simpsons. The jokes are very funny... ps, i will have a simpsons fanpage if i can sign up hosting here Wink
haris3
I think schools don't spend enought time teaching our laws. I remember when i was in high school which was bout 3 years ago, in all 4 years i had one class about the government, where we had to learn amendments and other gov't stuff, which i enjoyed. There just needs to be more classes in hight schools which discuss the gov't power and gov't issues. More time is spent watching TV than studying. Simpsons are on both ABC and FOX, maybe that's why viewers get more exposure. They've been around for a long time. Prob. more than any other cartoon show right now, on regular tv that is. So more exposure to our gov't may solve the problem and fix our countries problems. Idea Idea Idea
joopc
I really do not know a lot about the simpson. They are very yellow aren't they?
How the connect tot the first amendement I realy don't know. Free they are for sure I think.
bladesage
WAY wrong! If people didn't know the general ideas behind the 1st ammendment, then it wouldn't be the number 1 most abused ammendment in the Constitution to date! As an A+ Government student, and A++ Simpsons fan, I must feel obligated to make this point. I can think of at least 40 different cases where people effortlessly emphasise the rights that our Constitution so readily provides them. The only other one that even comes close to being used that much is the fifth. The only possible thing I can think of to support that datum, is that people who never even heard of the U.S. Constitution absolutely love The very first hit Primetime cartoon series, The Simpsons. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this theory is little but unfounded at best.
bladesage
haris3 wrote:
I think schools don't spend enought time teaching our laws. I remember when i was in high school which was bout 3 years ago, in all 4 years i had one class about the government, where we had to learn amendments and other gov't stuff, which i enjoyed. There just needs to be more classes in hight schools which discuss the gov't power and gov't issues. More time is spent watching TV than studying. Simpsons are on both ABC and FOX, maybe that's why viewers get more exposure. They've been around for a long time. Prob. more than any other cartoon show right now, on regular tv that is. So more exposure to our gov't may solve the problem and fix our countries problems. Idea Idea Idea


No offense, but looking at your reply, I don't think that the 6+ classes in my school right now about spelling and grammar are nearly enough. Apparently, you aren't one to talk about "Not enought Education" (Seriously, no offense intended, but don't accuse the schools about not having enough classes).

And by the by, in the high school I'm in right now (straight A's by the way), there are 3 years of Social Studies required, and even more available. Just the fact that only one of them is solely about the Government (and the economy, too) has absolutely nothing to do with it. I was forced to memorize all 27 ammendments back in Elementary school.

The Simpsons has only been around since I was born, and I'm fifteen. The Scooby Doo Show (and all its other series titles) has been around since way before I was born, and likely before you, too. I'm still in classes above my grade level, and everyone else in any of those classes can state how old Scooby Doo is, not to mention at least half of the Bill Of Rights. 90% of them have used and abused the 1st on several occasions in their lives.
Soulfire
This is like comparing apples to fireworks or something that have no "real" relation. Obviously this poll has done it's job, it has succeeded in making more people think we're stupider than we are, but it's not neccessarily the truth.

We are exposed to "The Simpsons" pretty much daily, and we do not have such exposure to the Constitution. So, with even just advertisements being embedded into our minds almost daily for 10 years, of course we will be able to name the characters off of "The Simpsons." If anything, it shows our receptiveness, as we can see and memorize things. We see the Simpsons, we don't see the Constitution.
adepss1
Is there such a thing as Education in America? I mean in some parts/states I guess there is however for the most part it's questionable.
It seems that students learn so little and play too much, computer/arcade games, comics, drugs, alcohol and not much else.
bladesage
adepss1 wrote:
Is there such a thing as Education in America? I mean in some parts/states I guess there is however for the most part it's questionable.
It seems that students learn so little and play too much, computer/arcade games, comics, drugs, alcohol and not much else.


Ouch.

The only way I maintain my constant 4.0 average is playing video games, watching TV, and mostly music. Yes, I used to have a drug addiction, but even then I had a 3.7 average. I have half my classes over my grade level. I have been everywhere in the country (since my dad was in the Air Force), and never, ever seen a place where children are deprived of education. You're just some average, stereotypical, naive little jerk aren't you? People like you are the entire reason I ever started drugs in the first place. Keeping myself from becoming people like you is the very reason I ever quit doing drugs.

Why should anyone ever believe what the elderly and contemptuous are constantly spoon-feeding our society? What's the point of having half a nation built upon such typical stereotypes? Most of all:

Why would you believe all this hype?
Jayfarer
I think the solution is clear.

We need to higher the writers from The Simpsons to put some jokes into the first amendment.
noexes89
This survey would be a bigger problem if it didn't misstate the provisions of the 1st Amendment. Well, it's what this guy in a Chicago Tribune letter to the editor said. To be honest I don't understand the legal stuff, but whatever.

I think the survey itself is just comparing apples to oranges, but that's me.
ralphbefree
i think that this is an indicator of the maturity level of our society in the present age. I love the simpsons yet now that I have matured I find it hard to relate to the Simpsons. Homer is a product of a disfunctional father figure that doesn't know how to be a real father, and for that matter a real man. Bart is the epitomy of the boy figure. So we have a Boy raising a boy. Sadly our society can directly relate to this relationship dynamics. At the same time the culture that embraces the idealogy of the Simpsons will also be the first to cry foul when they are mistreated by the 'system'. The sad fact is that a growing number of people in our culture would rather be "entertained" by reveling in thier own dysfunctions instead of taking responsibility for thier own lives and learning about the system that our society operates.
Jack_Hammer
Twikki wrote:
In The UK, The Simpsons is better than Family Guy and American Dad, but futurama is better than the simpsons (Futurama should return in 2008 Very Happy )


That is your opinion not of everyones in the U.K, I would prefer you spoke about your own opinions rather than generalising mine with yours.
aka2103
Of course people could name more simsons than amendments, they're funnier!!!!
bladesage
aka2103 wrote:
Of course people could name more simsons than amendments, they're funnier!!!!


True as that is, I, as well as all other Americans who know what the ammendments are about and who died to make them possible, believe that that is because The U.S. Constitution is meant to, and should be, taken seriously. The Simpsons is not meant to be taken seriously (unless you mean seriously funny), whereas our ancient rights are not. I understand that this topic is not only for U.S citizens, but it is my goal for all to understand that this is a topic that should not be taken lightly. Perhaps it may seem that The Simpsons are more well known, in other countries I know, than The U.S. Constitution, but it is most certainly not so here.
bladesage
shut up wrote:
I think that this is what will lead to the down fall of our country of America.People won't take enough time to care about why they can watch The Simpsons. I know thew constitution better than The Simpsons.

constution
1: freedom of speech and religion
2: right to bear arms (guns- in ignorant peoples terms)
3:Quartering law
4:Search and seizure
5:right to jury
6:right to fast trial and witnesses
7:divorce rights
8:creul and unusual punishment ban
9:no rights construed
10:states can make private laws
The Simpsons:
1: Homer
2: Marge
3: Lisa
4: Bart
that drunk guy, the old psyco guy and his helper, the wierdo neighbor... That's all I can think of



WRONG!!

The Bill Of Rights is (I had to memorize it in Military School (not Military Corrective School)):

Ammendment I:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Ammendment II:
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Ammendment III:
No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Ammendment IV:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Ammendment V:
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Ammendment VI:
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Ammendment VII:
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Ammendment VIII:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Ammendment IX:
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Ammendment X:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Believe it or not, every one of those (okay, all but the wording of #4) were from memory, as is the following:

The Simpsons Characters

Homer
Marge
Bart
Lisa
Maggie
Grandpa (Abe Simpson)
Santa's Little Helper
Snowball II

Ned Flanders (The religious nut neighbor)
Maude Flanders (died in a more recent episode)
Rod Flanders
Tod Flanders

Moe Sizlac
Mr. Burns (C. Montgomery Burns)
Krusty The Clown
Sideshow Mel
Sideshow Bob
Barney
Lenny
Carl
Milhouse
Nelson Muntz
Sherry & Terry
Patty & Selma
Smithers
Chief Wiggum
Eddie
Lew
Ralph
Oder (pronounced "ooh-der")
Martin
Lunch Lady Doris
Groundskeeper Willie
Miss Krubapple
Professor Frink
The Sea Captain

There are, last I counted, 173 other lesser characters that I won't name, for various reasons.
d722002
Even worse, most americans dont care or know about the 2nd amendment, which says that citizens have the right to bear arms. This is why liberals in congress are able to pass bills banning guns -- because nobody knows that their rights are being encroached upon.
fulaninhu
does someone here play Counter-Strike? what do you think about that
fulaninhu
World Cup 2006 -> Brasil will win LMAO!
MDDesign
Thats probably because the simpsons is on more!
fulaninhu
[quote="bladesage"]
shut up wrote:

The Simpsons Characters

Homer
Marge
Bart
Lisa
Maggie
Grandpa (Abe Simpson)
Santa's Little Helper
Snowball II

Ned Flanders (The religious nut neighbor)
Maude Flanders (died in a more recent episode)
Rod Flanders
Tod Flanders

Moe Sizlac
Mr. Burns (C. Montgomery Burns)
Krusty The Clown
Sideshow Mel
Sideshow Bob
Barney
Lenny
Carl
Milhouse
Nelson Muntz
Sherry & Terry
Patty & Selma
Smithers
Chief Wiggum
Eddie
Lew
Ralph
Oder (pronounced "ooh-der")
Martin
Lunch Lady Doris
Groundskeeper Willie
Miss Krubapple
Professor Frink
The Sea Captain

There are, last I counted, 173 other lesser characters that I won't name, for various reasons.



omg man u are a Simpson's Fanatic? how do you know everyone's main characters name , i only know : Homer , Bart and there we go LMAO!
bladesage
fulaninhu wrote:

omg man u are a Simpson's Fanatic? how do you know everyone's main characters name , i only know : Homer , Bart and there we go LMAO!


Of course I am. I've seen every episode! I love The Simpsons. Always have, always will. I also love government class. But, mostly The Simpsons.
Ljsk
Simpsons rule.
conicon
Can you please take it easy on the children of today! There is so much pressure on them as it is we do not need to criticize them anymore. The 5 year old child has 35 years to learn the first amendment if he wants to become a competent President, however if s/he doens't learn the names of the characters on the Simpsons by the next school day's recess s/he may be shunned for the rest of the day, week, month, year, or even longer. If the first amendment was on TV and in syndication and crammed down the throat of children today, like the Simpsons are, I think they would be able to recite the amendment verbatim. But it is not and it's not their fault either. The people in power, the man, the people who are trying to manipulate the constitution for the own personal monetary gains like to have it that way. Why do you think there are so many commercials because even though the watcher may not pay close attention the watcher will learn the commercial through subconscious repetition. As a recent college graduate and a current employee at a temp agency, it's hard to find a career right away and if I want to find a career I may have to go back for more school. In New Jersey it looks as like if you want to be part of the affluent you need more than just a bachelor's degree, and who knows what the children of this upcoming generation are going to be required to obtain as a prerequisite for a job as a file clerk (the only real prerequisite is to know the alphabet and yet it has become commonplace to have a 4 year degree.)

I can tell you that the first amendment gives me the right to freedom of speech, press, religion, assembly, and it gives me the right to petition the government. I can also tell you that the characters on the Simpsons are Bart, Lisa, Maggie, Homer, Marge, Mo, Lenny, Carl, Mr. Burns, Mr. Smithers, Chief Wiggum, Barney, Ralph Wiggum, Principle, Skinner, Krusty, Apu, the Comic Book Guy, and the list goes on. (Patty and Selma, Dr. Hibbert.) Now explain to me why I know all that despite the fact that I've spent more time in the last 22 years studying than I did watching the Simpsons, and so far I've turned out fine.
ebkari
well duh. if you saw a tv show even once a week every week on the constitution, you would definitely no more about it than something you never read.

and for the record, i happen to know at least the bill of rights. lol.
bladesage
If you want to see the full Bill Of Rights, as well as the major cast of The Simpsons, see my above post. But yes, people do need to take it easier on America's children (I only say "America's" children because I'm one of them -age=15). Although The Constitution is not forced down our throats, neither is The Simpsons, it's just that many of us happen to enjoy the show. I'm sure nobody has a problem with that Twisted Evil . I've been to Germany and Italy, but I didn't even hear about The Simpsons until we returned to America. Now, I am going off to school (I'm in Eastern time zone, it's 6:50 AM right now), to learn about HTML, then later, the economy. Perhaps I'll start a forum on one of those.
simply_ari
http://www.devilducky.com/media/42779

Quite hilarious to see the opening with real life actors. I think they did a good job on it. Smile
parentaladvisory
they should just put the first amendment in a simpsons cartoon, then everybodys winning!
kevg90
AftershockVibe wrote:
I found an intersting, yet unsuprising, artcile on the Beeb this morning;

Quote:
Americans know more about The Simpsons TV show than the US Constitution's First Amendment, an opinion poll says.

Only one in four could name more than one of the five freedoms it upholds but more than half could name at least two members of the cartoon family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4761294.stm


Granted the sample size of 1000 people is rather low but it is probably a good indicator of how little the general public knows (cares?) about the law of the country in which they live (this won't just be an american thing).

yeh
Tsubakii
Freedom of Press
Freedom of Assembly
Freedom of Speech
Freedom of Religion
Freedom of Government
..... Yep, that's all I've got. [laughs]

And to note, I can only name Homer. Heh. Oh and Bart, I guess. That's it. Oh damnit they're suddenly coming back to me. Maggie just came to me. >< Lisa. Gah! I never watch that show! What is this nonsense?!

I think names are far easier to remember than things that are not as common place as they are. Especially names of something that's really funny.
Constitution? . . . Not funny at all. Boring, in fact, and written in a way not many can easily understand today.

Really there's just nothing impressionable about paper that isn't entertaining and has writing on it you cannot only barely understand but can barely even read the writing of the original.
It's all just the way most humans remember things -- if they leave a lasting impression.

I think we can all agree when I say a comedic cartoon with common place language is far easier and more naturally remembered than a piece of boring paper, or text, that we have to read, and is in no way an impressionable thing to do. :)
Zone
ocalhoun wrote:
That is proof that the constitution is very well written. If it contained serious problems, people would be more apt to pay attention to it.


I agree with that
Soulfire
Take a popular comedy show in a different country and that countries constitution (or any document of rights, whatever it may be), and I'm sure the results would be the same. More people would know more about the comedy show than their rights.

It also doesn't help that we just take all of our rights for granted, but my main point is... this is a stupid poll, and only makes the people who take one glance at it have a bad opinion about the U.S. You have to look a little past the surface.

And did they survey EVERY American? No. The results cannot be held to everyone in the country either, another ASSumption.
bladesage
This topic is getting intense. No suprise, this is the kind of thing that attracts attention. I am impressed at the topic's success, yet disappointed at how many people just blame the kids, the Fox network, and/or the schools for all this Mad . It's not fair, I know far too many of my peers who just don't like the show at all. And what's more, Bush (who I've always liked), as in George Walker Bush, passed the "No Child Left Behind" law, forcing and allowing school systems to do whatever it takes to ensure that kids get the proper education. Schools get the money for what they need, and students all get the education they need, regardless of any learning disorders they have (Division I and II Special Education here in Michigan are allowed to keep special education students until age 25). I haven't been anywhere in the world, in all my former travel, where kids weren't educated properly.

All this considered, please, PLEASE dont just automatically blame the schools Pray .
clstaudt
Soulfire wrote:
Take a popular comedy show in a different country and that countries constitution (or any document of rights, whatever it may be), and I'm sure the results would be the same. More people would know more about the comedy show than their rights.


100% agree. This is not a sign of typical American ignorance, this is maybe a sign of the ignorance of all mankind, which rather would be entertained than educated. I also think that there are more alarming things than this - well, at least The Simpsons is a good show. Wink

And: What is the First Amendment worth anyway in times of a staged war on terror?
Ivra
Wow!
mkultra
well from an australians point of view - YES
bladesage
Hey, guess what. I have challenged this silly little trifle (that's ended up being more of a belief), I am interviewing random people in my school, and everyone in all my classes. I have set out to either:

A) Help lessen the confusion (admit it or not, nobody has all the facts here, myself included)

B) Provide proof to myself that I'm the one that's wrong (I'm open-minded), or

C) Make my best friends think I'm suddenly a political nut

I am determined to confirm that this information is accurate, or provide solid, accurate data backing up my position that this is mostly yellow journalism.

And, what's more, I have some good pieces of the outcome from those I've interviewed. Here are the current totals:

1) Name the rights listed in the first ammendment.
Correct = 87%
Incorrect = 12%
No comment = 1%

2) Do you like The Simpsons?
Yes = 74%
No = 23%
Like Who Now? = 3%

3) Name the Simpsons Family. (the number correct out of the 5)
5 = 42%
4 = 20%
3 = 21%
2 = 6%
1 = 11%

This curent data is out of 239 students. There are 1400 in my school total. I have so far only run the poll for today. I will only run the poll in school (that's why I didn't actually make a Frihost Poll), and some good friends of mine will bring me the finished poll sheets from their schools at the end of each week. Please don't answer these questions, as I have arranged a target area and target audience. I will run this for 2 weeks, or until at least 1300 students have been questioned in my school.

My good friends in other schools have all signed a legally-binding document saying that they will provide me with direct, honest, unproccessed data, and they will each have a registry packet for people doing the polls to sign, to prevent made-up poll statistics. As you can tell, I'm really into this right now. I will do all the math myself, and have three people I know check it for me.

I will do my best to update frequently, but no promises. I will post the final results at the very least.
benstewart
Because Australian television broadcasting is flooded with cheap American tv shows, Aussies know more about the US's legal system than we do our own.

I can only assume that this is unqiue to Australia, due to our lack of population - never the less, it is still sad.....
acamas
This is true with every country. Our society is going down the toliett.
aaron.sarwal
Important changes need to be made in the American constitution if it wants to restore its respect in the world. It should sincerely follow the path of equality, unity and justice, if it has to emerge as a true world leader.
Scorpio
AftershockVibe wrote:
I found an intersting, yet unsuprising, artcile on the Beeb this morning;

Quote:
Americans know more about The Simpsons TV show than the US Constitution's First Amendment, an opinion poll says.

Only one in four could name more than one of the five freedoms it upholds but more than half could name at least two members of the cartoon family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4761294.stm


Granted the sample size of 1000 people is rather low but it is probably a good indicator of how little the general public knows (cares?) about the law of the country in which they live (this won't just be an american thing).


Thats not the only thing.
They were also able to name 3 judges of american idol as well. Atleast most of them could.
Indi
Something that no one else has mentioned yet is the silly imbalance of the poll. It doesn't take much brain power to remember a few names (two, even!!!). It takes a hell of a lot more to swallow a wordy, legalese statement, break it down, and understand it, and recognize the specific, individual rights that statement describes.

As an inverted analogy, it would be the same as if I asked you to tell me what Groundskeeper Willie can be seen doing in the opening of the Simpsons, and then I asked you to name two of the people that signed the US Constitution. The first requires a whole lot more thought and analysis to do than the second.

ocalhoun wrote:
That is proof that the constitution is very well written. If it contained serious problems, people would be more apt to pay attention to it.

That doesn't fly. Rolling Eyes

If that theory is true then the Rwandan Genocide and the one million people that died in it were no big dealio, because you probably paid more attention to O.J. Simpson's arrest at the time.

Just cause people aren't paying attention to something, doesn't mean it doesn't deserve more attention.
potash
The main question is why anyone cares what the constitution says. Maybe id it were a little more intersting people would care.

Anyway the simpsons is shown everyday and all day ona few channels on cable so of corse people are goin to know more about the simpsons. And if they made the constitution into a very interesting televison show that ran all the time then people might get to know more about it. But for the meanwhile nobody really cares about it.
jerski
Well it's funny but at the same time why do we as Canadians sometimes laugh about how we know more about the US than actual students that live there. It really says a lot about the education system or what people are being taught. I'm pretty sure that Canadians are the same way though in that they could quote the Simpsons before they know anything about the Constitution. Sad State of Affairs
pefaja
Laughing
it's actually nothing amazing. i guess many ppl knew this before.
how do i come to this point of view?
once uppon a time.... ; p. I watched ppl questioning citizen of usa with such questions as "do you know where poland is?" or "do you know the capital of switzerland?" - the most answers were "Ermmm, yhmmmm..."
what a sorrow ; p
frankanon
The low level of education of our american citizens is not normal, but unfortunately still understandable.

TV has a major place in most of our family lives, as the major way to connect to the national and international environement.

But TV is not planned to be instructive, but to make money !

As long as the TV users can't have an influence on the programs or the way information is provided on our channels, there is no hope to regularly watch something intelligent on TV.

Of course everybody knows that switching the TV on after a hard day work is very confortable and provides a mind refreshment. This is why some programs, although intellectually steriles are very popular.
benatkinson610
The simpsons is mint so dont dis it i watch it so does my family and even my dogs lol its onew of the best most funniest tv shows around if theres nothing else to watch and simpsons is on i woud watch that !
Idoru
The Simpsons rules, politics doesn't...
To excplain it in little more detail, what I mean is that most people are 'fed up'. Lots of work and no fun makes us want to spend our free-time with something relaxing, and just laugh about it all. Even knowing politics, law and rights doesn't necceserely make your life more free, or your time more quallitative. On the other hand most people have a grasp of what it's all about, and prefer laughing than banging the head against the wall. Profit and greed will still find it's way to rule, aswell for the nations as for it's inhabitants Twisted Evil
Elohim
What the core of the matter is, People remember things better when they find it entertaining. When it becomes basic fact it is easily forgotten. Take for example how many would remeber the cheat code for the game Contra on NES compared to the exact equation of pie.
Gieter
Elohim wrote:
Take for example how many would remeber the cheat code for the game Contra on NES compared to the exact equation of pie.


Erm, I never played Contra on NES and I know the exact equation of pi... Smile
postrander
I am not sure this is truly accurate based on how the question may have been asked. If I asked what freedoms are protected by the first ammendment, many people may balk or only list one. If I ask people if they have freedom of speech, they will say yes. Freedom of religion? Most will say yes. Freedom of the press? Yes again. The assembly and petition part may not be clear to most, but I think people are aware of their rights. They just may not know where they come from.

PO

AftershockVibe wrote:
I found an intersting, yet unsuprising, artcile on the Beeb this morning;

Quote:
Americans know more about The Simpsons TV show than the US Constitution's First Amendment, an opinion poll says.

Only one in four could name more than one of the five freedoms it upholds but more than half could name at least two members of the cartoon family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4761294.stm


Granted the sample size of 1000 people is rather low but it is probably a good indicator of how little the general public knows (cares?) about the law of the country in which they live (this won't just be an american thing).
mak_27
AftershockVibe wrote:
I found an intersting, yet unsuprising, artcile on the Beeb this morning;

Quote:
Americans know more about The Simpsons TV show than the US Constitution's First Amendment, an opinion poll says.

Only one in four could name more than one of the five freedoms it upholds but more than half could name at least two members of the cartoon family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4761294.stm


Granted the sample size of 1000 people is rather low but it is probably a good indicator of how little the general public knows (cares?) about the law of the country in which they live (this won't just be an american thing).


You sure are very right. But I dont think that this is applied only to the Americans. I think this is a global phainomenon which we must prevent in order to make our lives better and more meaningful. lets all try a little bit harder...
haris3
I'm sorry you are right, we do get enough education. What i was trying to say was that we don't get enought education about the gov't with emphasis on politics. Those 3 years of Social Studies mostly are about the past history of our country and gov't. I only had to memorize the amendments for that one gov't class i had my junior year. We need to have more classes that are about politics.


bladesage wrote:
haris3 wrote:
I think schools don't spend enought time teaching our laws. I remember when i was in high school which was bout 3 years ago, in all 4 years i had one class about the government, where we had to learn amendments and other gov't stuff, which i enjoyed. There just needs to be more classes in hight schools which discuss the gov't power and gov't issues. More time is spent watching TV than studying. Simpsons are on both ABC and FOX, maybe that's why viewers get more exposure. They've been around for a long time. Prob. more than any other cartoon show right now, on regular tv that is. So more exposure to our gov't may solve the problem and fix our countries problems. Idea Idea Idea


No offense, but looking at your reply, I don't think that the 6+ classes in my school right now about spelling and grammar are nearly enough. Apparently, you aren't one to talk about "Not enought Education" (Seriously, no offense intended, but don't accuse the schools about not having enough classes).

And by the by, in the high school I'm in right now (straight A's by the way), there are 3 years of Social Studies required, and even more available. Just the fact that only one of them is solely about the Government (and the economy, too) has absolutely nothing to do with it. I was forced to memorize all 27 ammendments back in Elementary school.

The Simpsons has only been around since I was born, and I'm fifteen. The Scooby Doo Show (and all its other series titles) has been around since way before I was born, and likely before you, too. I'm still in classes above my grade level, and everyone else in any of those classes can state how old Scooby Doo is, not to mention at least half of the Bill Of Rights. 90% of them have used and abused the 1st on several occasions in their lives.
Epsilon
I'm not surprised...

Rolling Eyes
druidbloke
I pay little interest to the fine details of the law unless it inteferes with my life lol I dont see this as a bad thing really, life is too short to be bogged down with legal writing, it is some of the most tangled confusing and boring writing ever produced, it serves a useful purpose but lets leave it to the people who work in that area to deal with, and simpsons?, well that as a much wider appeal.
druidbloke
heheh I liked scooby, but it was more of a kids program, simpsons appeals to people of all ages.
naamawaisel
Education and teaching is important in America, but it’s true that support and money are lacking. Bush’s “no child left behind” ideal gives money to the most successful schools, but in reality it’s the unsuccessful schools that need the most money and help! There needs to be a change in funding. Teachers presently go into the profession because they have a true love for the job. Maybe if they were paid more, the heart wouldn’t be there? No, I think it would still be there and in fact, more people would become a teacher. I would also like to mention that it’s not always the money that deters people from teaching. I know a teacher who stopped teaching because of the unruly children. Money had nothing to do with it. Money, respect and sometimes discipline are lacking from our schools and this needs to change, fast.
ctodap
its sad that they ppl dont know it i dont either but i know more than enoguh of the simpson lol
druidbloke
The simpsons takes a healthy dig at the establishment and most things in life, which in my opinion is a good thing and keeps minds open and is entertaining at the same time, I cant really think of a critism. Im English so I havent read anything about the law over there but I think legal documents arent really meant for the general public unless they have an active interest, there's the maze of wording that is meant for people who work in the field and there should be a simplified concise version for the rest of us.
TeenZine
Yes I belive this. Simsons is not any more inportant then the constitution though. And to be honest this didn't shock me but made me angry. Evil or Very Mad
traum
caroline wrote:
That... is sad. But isn't US Hisory and World History a REQUIREMENT in high schools? So it also seems impossible...


But tell me, do you really think many people paid attention in class? Public education allows students to sleep in class, not turn in homework, fail tests,and still pass the class and graduate high school. Its not so much of a 'learning experience', just another hoop to jump through.
chrismen
This was very interesting.
ncphysio
I think it's absolutely disgusting... how can people possible get up and go to work and carry out life's daily activities knowing that this is true about themselves?
missdixy
AftershockVibe wrote:
Granted the sample size of 1000 people is rather low but it is probably a good indicator of how little the general public knows (cares?) about the law of the country in which they live (this won't just be an american thing).


That's really sad. But honestly, I was probablyi n that same category as a child until I reached sixth grade or so. My school just never focused on teaching us about specific constitution laws in any real depth.
lyddi8
gothicgeek wrote:
phinguyen wrote:
my parents were never really around when i waz a kid growing up. i waz alwayz alone in the houze since i could remember and i took care of my little sister when she waz born. buh i'd have to say that tv raised alot of me and i've learned alot of shxt from the simpsons. i mean before they went all krazy they alwayz did throw in facts and what nots in their showz. i seemed to turn out okay on the simpsons. lolz. i didnt thinq kidz nowadayz watched much tv besided the damn mtv chanel, i damn that station to hell, DEATH TO MTV~!


Uh, that's great and all, but why are you using 'z' in every single instance of 's'? I mean that's the sort of thing kids who watch MTV might do to seem cool Smile ...


hahaha.... well played, phinguyen Laughing

If that's the way American culture is going, and people really do spell & speak like that, it is SO sad...
Related topics
Family Guy
Edgar Alan Poe
Windows 9x Disk Caching
Whats with "the VIRGIN MARY"???!!!!
Nietzsche and the search for God
Anyone want a Flat tax?
When Jesus was born...
What language course do you recommend?
Fall of Rome
Quantum computer
Intruders General Knowledge Quiz
Free Shopping Cart Script
HIDDEN STORY OF GANDHI FAMILY HISTORY ! ! !
Faith in your argument
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.