FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

need help installing a mod

NuniPio
i tried installing this mod to my forum site which is powered by smf
http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=65

i get the following error when i try to install

Code:
An Error Has Occurred!
2: copy(/home/nunipio/domains/nunipio.frih.net/public_html/forum/index.php~): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/nunipio/domains/nunipio.frih.net/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1241

any suggestions??
Seregwethrin
Change the folder's permission

If you are using cuteftp
Look these pictures

Or if you are using different ftp program you must find the Chmod OR Permission Settings than change the folders permission to 0777

If you can use php very well
Code:
<?php
chmod("/home/nunipio/domains/nunipio.frih.net/public_html/forum", 0777);
?>

You can use this code

Chmod function
NuniPio
yea ive set the chmod and also smf logs into my ftp account to make changes...all went well except for that last part
NuniPio
on that line..it says:

Code:
               copy($working_file, $working_file . '~');

is there something wrong with the code?...or is there a feature that i havent enabled?? can anybody who uses smf please try installing the mod..thanks
Daniel15
Did you CHMOD the actual folder? The main forum folder, as well as the Sources and Themes folder should be CHMOD'ded to 0777. Also, Check your error log (DirectAdmin --> Statistics --> Error Log) and see if the error is explained in more detail.

Basically, whenever you install a package, SMF makes a backup of files it edits (just in case something goes wrong). The error you're getting is a permissions error. SMF is trying to make a copy of the file, but the server isn't letting it.
NuniPio
daniel15 wrote:
Did you CHMOD the actual folder? The main forum folder, as well as the Sources and Themes folder should be CHMOD'ded to 0777. Also, Check your error log (DirectAdmin --> Statistics --> Error Log) and see if the error is explained in more detail.

Basically, whenever you install a package, SMF makes a backup of files it edits (just in case something goes wrong). The error you're getting is a permissions error. SMF is trying to make a copy of the file, but the server isn't letting it.

thanks dude...you're a life saver...now i need one more favour...im running the helios multi theme and i cant get the shop to run with that theme...can you help me out on editing the code in order to get it to work...if thats possible..thanks
NuniPio
this is the most i can get the current theme to show.. http://nunipio.frih.net/forum/index.php?action=shop

im not sure if u need to be a member to view that page, but i cant get it to show the button for the shop and i cant get it to show it under the users avatar and stuff...plz help