FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need some design tips/help

munkey_boy
Ok i need some help i made a site in photoshop -> sliced and diced it in image ready -> save as optomised -> then link buttons up in dream weaver. But heres my problem there is white bits around the edge of the site as you will see if you go to the link www.munkeyboy.frih.net
Arcath
rplace:

Code:
<body>

with

Code:
<body bgcolor="color here">
Marston
1.) Use text, not images.
joetheprogrammer
Seems fine to me.....unless you already fixed the problem.
frenchy
is the problem fixed as i can see black lines around now.
munkey_boy
no on 800x600 it looks fine on any res higher its lets just say, screwed

Who wants to fix it for me?
anticitizen1
i can help you. but it could take some time.
The orange is terrible (to me).
not meta tags found.

im using 1280 x 1024 and i only see a little orange "square".
sorry, your site is about?
Bengt
anticitizen1 wrote:
not meta tags found.

same resolution here and idd;
you should use the body bg color
munkey_boy
anticitizen1 wrote:
not meta tags found.

What do you mean by a little so can you help me "a little"
riv
The page looks fine to me on 1024x768. I think you mean the white space around the content. You can easily fix that by using the bgcolor argument on the html tag like so:
Code:

<html>
<head>
   <title></title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="orange">

</body>
</html>

Or you could use 'background-color' in css but seeing that you have used the splicing technique, you probably don't have a css file.
achene
it would look better centered. and it should be bigger.
uhm.. it needs a lot of work but its ok if its one of your first. first of all i think that the text is too big and the design is too orange. try to add more style to it and make it more unique..
munkey_boy
achene wrote:
it would look better centered. and it should be bigger.
uhm.. it needs a lot of work but its ok if its one of your first. first of all i think that the text is too big and the design is too orange. try to add more style to it and make it more unique..

You could say first. It is my first in photoshop then i linked the buttons together in dreamweaver. Dont know much about html or php or anything like that
GB
Although Photoshop is a powerful tool, creating websites by using sliced images from it bloats the size of your site and makes it very slow to download. There are a TON of html learning websites out there. HTML dog is one of my favorites. Even if you don't learn too much about HTML, you can still do all this in Dreamweaver. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how as I use GoLive, but there are many resources.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you can achieve the same effect and much better, and fix the problems you've mentioned, by using Photoshop for images, and Dreamweaver for setting up the actual webpage.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, just post!
bgbg
and if we are talking about design, you just have to bring your forums to the color scheme that is seen on your homepage. Otherwise it looks pretty ... not professional
prillan
Added you at MSN, im gonna help you out little boy. Smile