FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm banned ! why?

guest_saiko
i have been using this forum for the last few weeks, i had enough (around 50) points to get a free hosing, as the server 2 was down i was not getting the opportunity to get a free hosing...
after waiting for a long time, i was finally able to apply for it,

yesterday i received a private messege notification fromfrihost forum... when i tried to login to check the messege, i found i'm banned from the forum!!!

may i know why?

if i had done anything wrong the administration could have notified me once so that i could have corrected those 'problems'

(my username was :saiko)

best regards,
saiko
Smile
dan751
Well, it's possible you've been spamming or flamming the forums. Users aren't aimlessly banned. I have contacted the administrator on your behave to look into it.Smile
guest_saiko
thanks for contacting the admin as i dont even have that facility...

Quote:
it's possible you've been spamming or flamming the forums

i don't think i have done any of those...

whatever it is, they could have notified or 'warned' before banning it just like that.
Bondings
I unbanned your account now as a ban might have been too strict.

We do not allow people copying news articles into their posts. If you really want to display it in your posts, you need to put it into quote tags.
guest_saiko
thank u so much Smile . i'd take care of that from next time.
Spe_eddy
im not banned or anything, but im in the minus points, how have i lost points?
Bondings
Spe_eddy wrote:
im not banned or anything, but im in the minus points, how have i lost points?

When you are hosted, then you lose 1 point per day. You need to keep them positive to keep your account.
sangharsha_a
My username was sangharsha
After being an active member in the forum and hosting a website for more than 4 months, one day i was welcomed by a message that I was BANNED.

i tried to figure out what was the reason.
I dont know.

Later i heard about copying new articles is not allowed. [Its obviously not allowed]

What i did was i just collected some popular poems and posted them for reference. [I also quoted the source and copyright info on them]
They were freely available in the internet, so they were not new articles.

Thus, can i get some answer for this.

Besides, i also request the admin to review upon the decision.
mathiaus
Yes you had 2 large topics full to the brim with copied poems which while they had the author were not in quote tags. You got many points (as the poems are rather long) for copying.
If they were all available on the internet why post them for reference?

As to the new articles I think you mean news articles, but any copied posts are againt the rules unless you put them in quote tags, give an opinion and its somehow relevant to the topic.

Admin said this about your posts
Quote:
I most likely forgot this one. Banned and hosting account removed. It was complete spam as you said and his other (not poem) posts were also copied from wikipedia or something similar.
Maderotten
Looks like i had better behave my self hadnt i lol Laughing
n0obie4life
-close-

Spam prevention.