FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Your favourite graphical environment :)





Nolt
Which graphical environment ya all use ?? or maybe + virutal deskops ?
I use almost all the time GNOME with few upgrades and adds, sometimes i use Xfce but less than GNOME Smile And you ??
SunburnedCactus
I use Litestep shell (not an OS, I know!) to cover up the horrors of XP and reveal my MASSIVE desktop. I'm a big fan of the minimalist style.
root
djfreakske
i use kde on my linux systems. it is very nice and you can do different kinds of things with it. you allso can download a source package where you can develop your own environment with. that is a very nice feature. i would recommend kde for linux users, but most of the time that is a default program. but allso try the source package it is very fun when you can make your own style and own environment. Cool
Nolt
djfreakske wrote:
i use kde on my linux systems. it is very nice and you can do different kinds of things with it. you allso can download a source package where you can develop your own environment with. that is a very nice feature. i would recommend kde for linux users, but most of the time that is a default program. but allso try the source package it is very fun when you can make your own style and own environment. Cool

kde looks fine but my choice is gnome Razz KDE use more RAM na processor so if somebody have weak PC will be have a little problems.

btw root: fvwm looks cool but i like folders Very Happy u know what im talking about Razz
crasso
XFCE definetely. It is based on GTK+, much faster than GNOME. I'm programming on GTK+ (pygtk) so the reason is obvious! Smile
root
Ah yah, XFCE is nice if you want a complete desktop enviroment like Gnome. Last I heard, the file manager with XFCE sucked, which is no problem because you can just use another one (I don't really keep up with XFCE so the file manager might have changed)
linuxuzmani
for easy use - kde
for easy use and performance - gnome
for more performance and easy use - icewm(i love it)

it is my screenshot:

ocalhoun
I'm addicted to KDE.
It just has too much eye candy.
v3nd0r
Fluxbox is the best enviroment for me Smile I have use it since i install linux. Some time i have used kde or gnome but, there is nothing that comprase to fluxbox Smile The best windowmanager.
vnieto
Nolt wrote:
Which graphical environment ya all use ?? or maybe + virutal deskops ?
I use almost all the time GNOME with few upgrades and adds, sometimes i use Xfce but less than GNOME Smile And you ??


I Install KDE and Gnome, But use windowmaker.
Atomo64
I really like KDE... but I haven't used too many times these desktos, so I can't say too much: GNOME(only once... ), fluxbox (2-3 times... don't like it too much), etc...
desertwind
I've been using GNOME for a long long long time. I'm lovin it.
Petee
For my Linux machine I currently use KDE, which I like, but I've also used GNOME, which I also thought was pretty good. KDE seems more like windows while GNOME seems more like Mac.
ocalhoun
Petee wrote:
For my Linux machine I currently use KDE, which I like, but I've also used GNOME, which I also thought was pretty good. KDE seems more like windows while GNOME seems more like Mac.

I thought gnome was more windows like...
Expecialy with the double clicking...
Atomo64
with KDE you can change some settings so you can have the double click... the maximize/minimize when double clicking the window title... etc. Dunno if you can do the same with gnome, but I guess you can
kiranaghor
I use ubuntu linux. So GNome is my favourite. I used to like KDE but I think I like the simplicity of GNome.
OS X Aqua is my first love. It is the simplest user interface ever.
{name here}
I'd say the Worplace Shell from eComStation was my favorite of all the OSes I tried, right next to the BeOS tracker...
thiamshui
I don't quite like Gnome.. the interface in KDE is nicer..
bgbg
KDE, KDE and sometimes KDE.
ripdajacker
v3nd0r wrote:
Fluxbox is the best enviroment for me Smile I have use it since i install linux. Some time i have used kde or gnome but, there is nothing that comprase to fluxbox Smile The best windowmanager.


Fluxbox isn't an environment Smile

I use KDE as Linus himself recommends Smile I find gnome so...unattractive.. the dark standardcolors, the ugly icons...KDE just kicks any other Desktop Environments ass..
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Operating Systems

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.