FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

All my FRIH$ for a small task..

knowme640
I will donate all my FRIH$ to anyone who performs just a simple task for me..

The task is..

Find me a software, program or anything that can browse websites and search even the pages that have not been given in the sitemap, links corner.. more better known as hidden pages.. i hope u understand..

ALL MY FRIH$ FOR THE PERSON WHO DOES THIS TASK!!!!
Blaster
I am not a 100% sure what you are talking about. But do you mean something that grades sites and tells you what is good/bad.
That site woulb be http://www.silktide.com/
knowme640
No... not that.. i guess you just did not understand it..

i'll explain..

see...
Suppose there is a website. It is a 10 page website.. get it...
now there might be a page like www.xxxx.com/dloa.html

the problem is that this page is not known.. i mean.. the website has no link to this page.. which means that they want only selected people to know about it... u see???
So ... is there any way through which i can find the link of this page and all other hidden pages...???

that's my question.!!

Hope u understood that..
AftershockVibe
Well you can do it in theory by just trying random file names starting with a.html... b.html ...aa.html ... ab.html etc etc

However, this would
1.) Take years (literally)
2.) Probably get your IP banned very quickly as it would look like a DDOS attack.

Also, you have to wonder why you would need to do this. The whole point is that you can't find it!
root
This isn't really possible unless you know the directory structure of the site. I know that with programs you can see all of the links on a page and that might give you a clue to the directory structure, but other than that I can't think of any program that would actually dig through the site and show you the directory structure of the site. Note: you can definitely get the directory structure of the site by means that are not legal.
knowme640
Any idea how to get the directory structure of the Site.. legal or illegal... if you do then please do tell me...

Thanks anywayz...
root
Hey, I didn't mean to discourage you. Don't give up. There may be a way to do this that I am not aware of. Something just came to mind now, you might try searching for something like a "crawler". Google "crawls" the internet every now and then to update their cache and add results to their searches. Maybe there is software that will do the same thing for a single website and present you with the directory structure. So for the time being try googling "site crawler" (or something of the same sort). Report back if you find anything that helps.
Animal
knowme640 wrote:
Any idea how to get the directory structure of the Site.. legal or illegal... if you do then please do tell me...

Careful now!

Frihost TOS wrote:
A) The following is strictly forbidden on our servers
10 Any other action related to illegal activities.

Do not request or post anything illegal! This isn't a warning as such, more a reminder that you may not use Frihost to discuss illegal activities.
knowme640
FINE....

ANY idea how to get the directory structure LEGALLY!!
AftershockVibe
Crawlers work by following links, therefore they will not be any use to you here.
knowme640
Hey.. root..

thanks a lot.. will google for a crawler.. will post if i find anythin useful.!!