FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WAP WAP WAP

Wynand
I am interested in learning WAP. I just want to know if the freehost server supports such a function.

Can you give me tips on how to start?
wumingsden
Wynand wrote:
I am interested in learning WAP. I just want to know if the freehost server supports such a function.

Can you give me tips on how to start?

First off if you don't know anything at all about WAP is to go here:

http://www.w3schools.com/wap/

HTML will help you quite a bit too:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/

Another good site to learn about WML, cards, etc:

http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/wml

It is also advised to get a WAP simulator if you don't have a WAP-enabled phone.
Blaster
wumingsden wrote:
It is also advised to get a WAP simulator if you don't have a WAP-enabled phone.

Where exactly can you get a WAP phone and are they expensive to use?
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

New phones out no usually have WAP. They cost however much you want them to cost. Mine usually costs around £20 p/m (for all charges relating to the use of the net). You could get a WAP enabled phone for about £50 although you should spend up to £200 if you want to have a bit of a gizmo.
Blaster
wumingsden wrote:
Blaster wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

New phones out no usually have WAP. They cost however much you want them to cost. Mine usually costs around £20 p/m (for all charges relating to the use of the net). You could get a WAP enabled phone for about £50 although you should spend up to £200 if you want to have a bit of a gizmo.

Only problem with that is what is pounds to $? Is it more or less? Sounds expensive.
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Blaster wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Only problem with that is what is pounds to $? Is it more or less? Sounds expensive.

1 UK£ = 1.7405 US$