FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

To stop girlfriend, he called in a bomb on plane to Milan

manumiglani
To stop girlfriend, he called in a bomb on plane to Milan

Mumbai hoax caller was schoolboy, all of 17 years old

Quote:
According to sources, that’s the loss Al Italia incurred on Monday morning after AZ 0771, its flight to Milan, was delayed for over two hours because of a bomb hoax.

A Std XI student of Jamnabai Narsee School, Juhu, Shreyas Gupta (17, name changed) called the airport anonymously and informed officials of a bomb on the 2 am flight because he didn’t want his girlfriend, who was to board the flight, to go to Genoa.

The first call was made at around 9.30 p.m. ‘‘The call was very specific in nature. The caller said the bomb was in a green bag and this is not such a common occurrence,’’ said a senior airport official.

Immediately, the airport’s Bomb Threat Assessment Committee—comprising officials from the Airports Authority of India, Central Industrial Security Force, Bomb Disposal Squad, Customs, Immigration, and the police—was mobilised and anti-hijacking measures put into place.

Security was stepped up in the security-hold area and manual baggage checks and thorough passenger screening began.

At about 10 p.m., there was a second call. This time, officials were told to look out for a group of people. Accordingly, the authorities zeroed in on a group of 12 Std XI students from Jamnabai Narsee School.

Accompanied by their teacher Nasreen Aga, the group wa s on way to Genoa to attend a mock United Nations conference.

When the third call was made, the authorities traced the numbers to a landline and a cellphone. These numbers were circulated among the Jamnabai students, some of whom identified them as Gupta’s numbers.

An Al Italia official then called the number, put Gupta on speakerphone and the students allegedly identified his voice.

The flight finally took off at around 4.30 a.m., after seven hours of drama and without the Jamnabai group. ‘‘We are sorry that our passengers were inconvenienced,’’ said Al Italia Station Manager Presci Elliya, refusing to comment further. Source

Man thats love, he loves his girlfriend more than anything and was willing to do anything to stop his girlfriend.
CompactHaven
What an idiot.
That's so immature. I say he should be fined, jailed for disturbing the peace and interrupting air traffic (whatever it's called). But, it's not America.
manumiglani
CompactHaven wrote:
What an idiot.
That's so immature. I say he should be fined, jailed for disturbing the peace and interrupting air traffic (whatever it's called). But, it's not America.

yeah i know its immature and legally wrong, but everything is fair in love and war.
Vrythramax
manumiglani wrote:
yeah i know its immature and legally wrong, but everything is fair in love and war.

Do you realize how wrong that statement is? Is it alright if I beat my woman into submission in order to keep her in the house so she won't look at another man because I love her soooooo much???

Is it alright for me to kill my woman's lover if I catch her cheating on me? I love her after all. Can I kill her for breaking my heart?

Not everything is fair, legal, or convenient in Love and/or War.

People die in wartime....they shouldn't have to for love, or even feel any pain.
manumiglani
Vrythramax wrote:
manumiglani wrote:

Do you realize how wrong that statement is? Is it alright if I beat my woman into submission in order to keep her in the house so she won't look at another man because I love her soooooo much???

Is it alright for me to kill my woman's lover if I catch her cheating on me? I love her after all. Can I kill her for breaking my heart?

People die in wartime....they shouldn't have to for love, or even feel any pain.

well it can be seen and explained from two point of views. i am seeing it from the boy's point of view and you are seeing it from the airport's security officials point of view. atleast he has the balls to do that just to stop his girl friend.
Vrythramax
manumiglani wrote:
well it can be seen and explained from two point of views. i am seeing it from the boy's point of view and you are seeing it from the airport's security officials point of view. atleast he has the balls to do that just to stop his girl friend.

What of her rights? Maybe, and given his actions, quite possibly, that guy was a control freak and she had to leave just to get away from him. Just because she entered into a relationship that she later pobobly found out was not healthy for her, she doesn't lose her right to up and leave the guy. No matter what his feelings are/were. Anybody in this day and age that would call in a bomb threat just to stop his girl from boarding a plane shows more than one sign of a mental imbalance. I'm not speaking from a "Security" viewpoint, but as a human being. She has the right to leave, and he has the right to find another girlfriend.

What he did didn't take balls, only stupidity.
ainieas
manumiglani wrote:

Here's what I think of the boy's point of view. Sitting at home, like the loser that he is, repenting the fact that he didn't get selected for the model UN thing like his girl, and lamenting his life without her. I mean, without the only person who can probably tolerate his - nobody loves me, everybody hates me crap, what would his pathetic, miserable life be. Then he hits upon this great idea to harrass everyone who's on her flight. Let them suffer for being with his girl while he can't (I'm guessing he wasn't even at the airport to see her off). Why of course, the harried airport officials thinking this to be a real threat, doing everything possible to ensure the safety of the people mean nothing to him.

"Mommy, why isn't daddy home for my birthday?"
"Daddy's working honey, making sure that people don't get hurt by mean people."

Little teen psychology is all that took to see through the boy's point of view.

And just as immature as his antics, pathetic I find your defence of him.
lyndonray
what a knucklehead. He had probably just watched some stupid romantic comedy and tried to top what the guy in the movie did to finally get the girl at the end. what a moron. i hope the girl dumps him as he is being dragged off to jail.
Scorpio
I just have to reiterate the fact this Boy is a total and fool and what not
This aint called love.
One to stop a girl from going abroad that too only for a few days, a sensible person doesnt disturb 100s of other people and disrupt the peace in a country where bomb and terrorist threats are not a regular phenomenon.

Anyway the immature idiot is only 17 or so.
Doesnt have even enough patience to even wait for a few days for her return?

This just aint called love.
this is known as lust. And also the fact that he was a brainless git is clearly projected here
CompactHaven
Vrythramax wrote:
manumiglani wrote:

Dude, I think he was kidding.
manumiglani
lyndonray wrote:
what a knucklehead. He had probably just watched some stupid romantic comedy and tried to top what the guy in the movie did to finally get the girl at the end. what a moron. i hope the girl dumps him as he is being dragged off to jail.

he can not be sent to jail as he is a minor.
penguinslayer
lyndonray wrote:

yeah thats right....he is an idiot and an absolute moron.....But u cant jail him for that
Vrythramax
manumiglani wrote:
lyndonray wrote:

he can not be sent to jail as he is a minor.

In the US if the crime commited is serious enough a minor can be tried and convicted as an adult, but the crimes that law covers are very limited and I don't know exactly what they are....murder, attempted murder and some drug crimes are just a few of them.

Here's a question...I know that the penalty for conspiracy to commit a crime (any crime) is the same as actually commiting the [attempted] crime, would this particular case be considered an act of terrorism?

Edit: In the State that I live in (Massachusetts, U.S.) you are considered an adult at 17 and can be tried & convicted as such without any special prosecution or hearings.
naked_in_a_snowsuit
Some people are so selfish (and stupid)!
Does he not realise just what a serious situation he would create? Not to mention the panic along with wasted time and money. I'm astounded by the fact that his girlfriend going permanently, she was going on a trip. SHE WAS COMING BACK!

What an idiot.