FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What collage do you want to go to

Blaster
So what school do you want to go to. Me i want to go to either Drexel or Penn State. So what school do you want to go to when you go to collage.
yokonative
MIT! I would kill to go there and applying there this upcoming Snr year of high school. I mean, seriosuly, I would KILL to go there, Its like the mecca of the technology world..and im studying Operting systems[ NOS, networking and the like], and web design and I im really a amth geek. I hope to god i get in at MIT.
Blaster
yokonative wrote:
MIT! I would kill to go there and applying there this upcoming Snr year of high school. I mean, seriosuly, I would KILL to go there, Its like the mecca of the technology world..and im studying Operting systems[ NOS, networking and the like], and web design and I im really a amth geek. I hope to god i get in at MIT.

Where is MIT located? and what do you want to do in life and when would you be going there?
Scorpio
I am attempting to enter MIT or Stanford. They are two of the best in technology
By the way MIT is in Masachussets.
TheFaction
meh....i've heard that mit has gone down a lil bit over the years. right now i think rpi and wpi are on mits heels of passing it. i applied to wpi just for the sake of applying(didn think id get in). but i did get accepted. probably not going though, too expensive and wasnt my kind of environment
benwhite
MIT is in Cambridge, a couple of subway stops away from Harvard. Neat thing about MIT is you can cross-register to take classes at Harvard, which opens up your options a lot.

While other schools are improving...MIT is still considered the very best. CalTech is also well-regarded.
ocalhoun
I should like to go to Princeton.
It won't be easy, but I think I'll be able.
Something like that can really improve one's resume.
dorn27
I would choose MIT personally, especially after learning you can combine Harvard classes.

One word of warning though, be sure to spell collEge right on your application, spelling it "collage" will get you in the reject pile real fast.
NewGuyinTown
dorn27 wrote:
I would choose MIT personally, especially after learning you can combine Harvard classes.

One word of warning though, be sure to spell collEge right on your application, spelling it "collage" will get you in the reject pile real fast.

lol. I do agree. If you can't spell, you don't deserve to go to the top schools. It doesn't take an Einstein to learn how to spell correctly.

If you are applying to MIT, I assume that you are atleast top 10 of your class and have almost a perfect SAT Math/ SAT II Mathematics Level 2 scores. You're not much of a competition if you do not meet those requirements. Who knows? Maybe personality and relationship can get in there... I got a friend who got accepted MIT. It doesn't seem like he struggle alot... not from my perspective atleast.

Anyways, education is the same no matter where you go. It's the students that create themselves, not the school. Just because you're going to a higher ranked university doesn't mean you're any better than the students from a lower ranked university. If you get accepted to MIT and have to pay almost the full tuition, you better make good use of the education or all that money goes down the drain. It'll be likely that you will be loaning when you get out of college. It will be like a 6 yr college without a good amount of scholarship.
snjripp
There are lots of great schools out there. Personally, I am trying to find the perfect match for what I want to study and the professors that are in that department. It could be the number one rated department in the world, but if they do not teach anything about my particular interest, it is ot the right place for me. Granted the choice of further education is a brickolage or a collage of various possibilities, the choice of a college is fun and challenging.
Eyre
i think i'm going to go to Appalacian State. I'm going there for their ROTC program, so i can enter the Navy as an officer and become a Navy SEAL. I've wanted to do this for a while.
Blaster
Wow a navy seal. They are so good that they can go into a tent a bomb without anyone knowing. Good luck I have faith in you. Really it is an awesome looking job. I would like to be in swat or the navy seals.
webapp
Princeton or Havard...if u live in US.....They are the best..and u don't want to miss them....
umgrillingsociety
If you haven't already done so, you should check out the University of Miami. It's a great school with great weather. I'm a student at the 'U' and couldn't be happier.
ryanh2006
Well hopefully, after I graduate and work for a while it would be incredible if I could get into the marketing MBA at Kellog. But other great schools might include Babson , Stanford, Columbia or even Hawaii, ALOHA!!
Blaster
webapp wrote:
Princeton or Havard...if u live in US.....They are the best..and u don't want to miss them....

They are good schools but i really don't understand why you would want to go to them. They seem really bouring. I want a collage that is close and i don't have to get all 100's thoughtout my entire life. They are way to strict so there fore Drexel will do for me. If not peenstate Very Happy
zjosie729
Harvard. I live close too.
girlinjapan
Cornell all the way...since I was like, 11 years old. Quite sad really...especially if I get rejected. Laughing
menhao
As a graduate student major in mechanical engineering, I always thought that MIT will be the most college I want to join, yet I will join Stevens Institute of Tech in NJ of US, I hope I could join MIT one day in the future, because the research facilities and level in MIT of Mechanical Engineering is the best of the world. maybe some students major in EE of other majors of engineering would like to go to stanford or cornell or some other colleges, but i believe most student whose major in engineering or who want to study in engineering would agree that the best engineering college is MIT, what you say, guys?
Scorpio
Harvard is quite terrific.

You can get a great job once you finish college,
benwhite
Interesting tidbit: I believe MIT has the highest rate of student-suicide in the country. It's pretty tough there.

I mean, if you're looking for big name appeal, Harvard, Princeton, and Yale are the top 3 for liberal arts schools. MIT and Caltech for for tech. schools. You really can't go wrong at the top.

And no school is boring unless the person is boring.
menhao
yes, maybe MIT is a very tough college in the world, yet on the other side, these tough traing in MIT will make student own a lot, the tough education will give student a solid background in their major, as a student major in engineering, i knew that student must do lots of exercises and experiments to keep what they learned from books, and that a critical part of the whole education process. therefore, the most tough education enviroment will be the best place for engineering, i think this could explain why MIT is the best engineering university on this planet.
CrookedBlaze
If I go live with my cousin in Norway, I'd want to go to the University of Oslo.

Otherwise, William and Mary in Virginia. I love it over there. I don't want to stay in Southern California...and well, any part of California, housing is too ****** expensive. I mean, really, who can afford $1000 a month for a 1 bedroom shack?

Plus, if I go to Virginia, my best friend is over there, and I could keep my horse at her farm - woot.
cnnet
I would like to go MIT to learn biology
DeFwh
Cal Tech
MIT
Harvard (Law specifically)
Princeton
Westpoint
Annapolis

Are all very hard to get into because of some aspects we all think are important. Psht all education is hard and those MIT wimps cant deal with life (i guess they failed).

1. get an education 2. life 3 family 4 freinds

Anyways im going to Westwood College.
UnikeViruz
I'm going to Southeast Technical Institute for a few years but then after that im going down to University of Advancing Techonology in Arizona...Should be fun***
The plans to be designing games and of that sort but im not all sure on everything yet...Hopefully i will get it figured out soon enough...
menhao
here is a very interesting idea:

As I believe we all came from different parts on this planet, there must be quite a lot of differences between our education system, especially the college, so, why not introduce the best college of our country to the world?

Let me start:

The best engineering college in CHINA is Tsinghua University, why many of the Chinese political leaders graduated from,

Another best University in CHINA is Peking University, the famous Chinese political leader Chairman Mao was used to be a library stuff in this university.

the other best universites are Jiaotong University (Include Jiaotong University in Shanghai and Jiaotong University in Xi'an), Fudan University, Zhejiang University, Nanjing University, University of Science and Tech of China, Huazhong University of Science and Tech.

I think the above is the best university in China mainland, how about you, guys?
Critias
University of Toronto

or (in my dreams) Oxbridge Unis
juliox
Well the univertisy that I am know is the one that i dreamed of, is the ITESM from Mexico one of the best private school in mexico, but as everyone here have goals as MIT, Princeton etc, for them all what i can tell them is to do theirs best, you can make it even if you dont have the money, there will be always scholarships, but you have to make your mind and have to make sure what are your goals, for them that really want to make it on a good University i believe in them, so you can make it, even if you can not make it for some reason do your best on the University where you are studying or will study.
thuggy-rec
must i live in the USA harvart(?)
but i live in belgium Sad
i wanna do movie and television ...
webcola
wow I you guys are going for the big schools Smile

I rather go to UCLA, it's not too rigorous and it is beautiful! Anyone here attend UCLA? I know a guy that got accepted to USC, UCLA, Berkeley, and UCSD with a 4.0 gpa and 500 500 500 sat score. The only reason he got in was because of his essay, which I never read but must've gotten in that way.