FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Chemical Romance

Moore
One of my favorite bands. Do you like them, if so what is your favorite song by them? Mine is Helena.
supjapscrapper
I don't think they're really that good.... Don't understand why there is so much fuss about them at the moment. OK Their video Clip was .... good but I really would way way prefer Green Day.
eason2012
no ofense to supjapscrapper but i think that Green Day is pretty much worthless. My Chemical Romance is awsome. My favorite song is The Ghost of You. I also like Helena.
supjapscrapper
eason2012 wrote:
no ofense to supjapscrapper but i think that Green Day is pretty much worthless. My Chemical Romance is awsome. My favorite song is The Ghost of You. I also like Helena.

No offense Very Happy
But I stil think Green day are real real innovators, My chemical romance have their own style though, they're a real band, but wetheer they're good or not is a subjective assertion Very Happy
wwe4life
Oh yea, I like them.. The most beautiful song of them it's "Helena"
good band and good music they have..
Caxius
fantastic band.
cool band
different band
but the vocalist doesnt sing in live... Confused
Twikki
Stupid mall emo, My chemical gay romance is the reason why emos are portrayed as they are, if i may remind you emos are not like that whatsoever, that is mall emos
jeffleo
Twikki, don't understand watcha talking about. If you say "Ghost of You" and "Helena" is the wrong kinda emo. Then is "Wake Me Up When September Ends" called the right kinda emo? MCR is good, I like Green Day too. I guess both of them have their plus and their minus. For example, MCR shouts more, Green Day is a little more emo. My favourite MCR song is Cemetry Drive, Thank You For The Venom ( Superb Guitaring ), To The End, The Jetset of Life Is Gonna Kill You, This is Not A Fashion Statement It's a deathwish, etc. As for green day, I like their Minority, Basketcase, Longview, King for a day/Shout ( Bullet in the bible version ), American Idiot, etc.

I also like other bands like GC, SP, LP, Avril... Avril's not a band. Smile
Twikki
Wake me up when september ends is different

1. its a rock opera
2. Billie Joe is paying tribute to his dad and 9/11

and green day aren't punk or emo, qwuoting the lead from sex pistols, they are plonk

and MCR are actually mall emo because they make kiddies slit themselves with their songs and to be honest any band wearing eyeliner is automatically considered mall emo
jeffleo
Plonk? I'd call them Rock or Metal... ( Referring the Green Day )
Good Charlotte is Mall Emo? ( I don't quite understand the term : Mall Emo )
And by the way, My Chemical Romance song makes children slit their throat? Are you sure? =x "Singing songs that make you slit your throat" ( Or something like that ), is it because of this phrase that made you say that?
kazoe
yeah, Helena is cool, the music video is the best. I also like ghost of you but This is not a fashion statement is the best for me.

anyway, MCR is not an Emo. they're simply Rock. Emo bands would be the likes of 'Armor for Sleep' or 'The Beautiful Mistake'.
Green day can be called punk rock but punk rock fans would be very furious about it. So, I dont actually know where they belong. Most of them (including some of my friends) call GreenDay a Soldout. I'm not saying that I hate them (in fact I listen to Greenday's older tracks) I'm just being honest.

And no, Metal is a whole different definition. They can be recognized as rock, tho. I prefer to consider them as mainstream punk rock. Soldout I think is a rather cruel word.

And pls, dont lash emo. Or anything. No discrimination on genres, kay? And dont mistake Emo for anything that is melodramatic or super emotional song. That's just wrong.
idrather_not
There are times when I can't stand My Chemical Romance, but yes, at times they are very good.
My favorite song from them is Demolition Lovers
XeRo
i really don't like the kind of new punk and all that style bands but the propose of this band is interesting, the musical videos are good and i like the ghost of you video, kind of saving private ryan style, they made a good job on that video.

Inside the genre i think they give a new fresh air with their music and is not all the same like other bands that are very similar between each other.
Deji
Greenday: are they way they are now cause they have grown up from being 100% punk, they have kids and other things to worry about compared to when they where younger.

they have more to worry about than their own futures / lives which shows more in their songs.

MCR: arnt emo, they actually tell people to get help instead of hurting themselves. Their guitarist is a huge Iron Maiden fan .. >> (maiden ftw)

the singer from Placebo wears eyeliner does that make placebo and emo band? >>

MCR are pretty good, i would say greenday are better but they are two very different bands.

Emo bands are bands who write bad songs about how their G/f left them and complain about there mom's grounding them and crap like that.
ie Taking Back Sunday.. they are awful.
[/thread]
XeRo
I think greenday is a good band with a lot of prepare, different to other bands.
DarkJedi323
I'm not a big fan of MCR, but Helena, To the end and I'm not Okay are really cool songs. Cool
twisthigh
I love the song Helena.
Flavinha
I love My Chemical Romance and my favorite song is Helena.
The video is also great, the funeral, Helena dancing in the church...
I love them!
molif
Helena is a good song but i got tired of it man..

i actu don like MCR.. but i like Thank You For The Venom.. Great song though..
jayrelle
Glad to find this thread... I love this band!! I love their songs like Helena, The Ghost of You and their currenly hit, Welcome to the black parade.. Twisted Evil
gtherockgod
Twikki wrote:

1. its a rock opera

What in the hell are you talking about? Confused

Quote:

What in the hell are YOU talking about? Shocked
Helios
I don't really like their style...

I'll stay with Black Metal Smile
jds10912
gtherockgod wrote:
Twikki wrote:

1. its a rock opera

What in the hell are you talking about? Confused

Quote:

What in the hell are YOU talking about? Shocked

thanks... i was starting to think that i was the one that had my music genres wrong Laughing
Hobbit
I have a mcr fan site. www.theblackparade.net/forums Join!
engeland
how come no one mentioned "Welcome to the Black Parade"?
I mean, common, the climax of that song is just rich!
That song has to be my favourite to date. And you know what, bigger props to the video. I don't think they're a bunch of emos either. They've already proven that they're great musicians
m_furquan36
well i cant say much coz i only heard there lastest song Razz its a cool song not much to say though btw if u ppl wanna know the song its welcome to the black parade a song which iss hard to describe all i can say is tht the lead singer is great(dont know his name) but wanted to know whts the songs about and why was it all......ummm i dont know hard to explain Razz
creezalird
The recent single "Welcome To My Black Parade" sounds quite good..But I think they've already lost the soul in making the video clip..its just not as good as Helena or Ghost Of You..
Ghost Of You makes me remember one scene in the video game..Medal Of Honor..haha
jayrelle
Hmmm, its also a good video. All the costumes, the scene and the concept of the video, I think its good as the previous videos.. BUT.. its your opinion anyway..hehehe... Wink
frozenhead
Frankly, I really don't usually listen to there songs though my girlfriend love this band. There this one song I learned to like (The Ghost of You). Well, nothing more to say but I fine with me.
engeland
creezalird wrote:
The recent single "Welcome To My Black Parade" sounds quite good..But I think they've already lost the soul in making the video clip..its just not as good as Helena or Ghost Of You..
Ghost Of You makes me remember one scene in the video game..Medal Of Honor..haha

it's also very similar to the HBO miniseries Band Of Brothers. My all time favourite, so i give props to that video Wink
Jools64
My second fav band, my fav songs probably "Im not ok"
Juparis
Whoever claims MCR is not emo must be blind, deaf, and dumb. They are the pinnacle of the emo culture. Razz
Furthermore, anyone defending Green Day deserves a worm in their apple. Green Day was good until they turned emo and started wearing more makeup than my mom. Laughing

But seriously, I didn't mind MCR all that much until I saw them in concert. I couldn't hear half the songs and couldn't understand any of the lyrics. I'm not bashing the band here--I heard some pretty good tunes, and I do like some of their songs (I think "Famous Last Words" is the only one I still appreciate, because it hasn't been overplayed yet). But people have gotten way too obsessed. The screaming left my ears ringing for days. I just don't understand it. People apparently love a guy who loves the extremes of black-and-white-ism and a guitarist who looks like Carrot Top's cousin. The others just kinda blend in with the emo audience...
penaltykillah
Well, I don't know about Gerard's decision to bleach his hair and don uniforms for the second albums. I was a really big fan of Three Cheers of Sweet Revenge, and the song Helena was awesome. I like Welcome to the Black Parade, which may be the best rock ballad ever. Do you belive that Gerard used to work in the comic industry? He was inspired to form My Chemical Romance after the events of 9/11. But I just can't believe that the people from MuchMusic's Video On Trial calls the band a bunch of "nerds". Debra DeGiovanni should be the nerd.
im not emo
i love mcr. i've been listening to them forever! my fave song would have to be Dead! or something. i'm seeing them at Bamboozle this year. i heard they're not going to do anything else...anyone know if that's true? (because if it is, bamboozle is their last concerty thing) and no offense to any green day fans, but mcr is just so much better. Smile
im not emo
and gerard's hair is black again. YEAH!!!
IronWolf87
i really dont care for MCR. No offense. i perfer Iron Maiden
catscratches
They're ok. Famous Last Words is my favourite song by them.
spaz-o
Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that "Welcome to the Black Parade" sounds a HELL LOT like the early parts of "Bohemian Rhapsody"??

I mean, same feel, same vocal style, same movement from a slow powerful part into a poppier-fast paced section, same upward-on-the-scale guitar licks.
Kelcey
They're alright... I do have welcome to the black parade. The song got old for me quickly though.
wednesday
oh.. i love my chemical romance! they are wonderful! I adore musics that they touch.
Andrew426
spaz-o wrote:
Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that "Welcome to the Black Parade" sounds a HELL LOT like the early parts of "Bohemian Rhapsody"??

I mean, same feel, same vocal style, same movement from a slow powerful part into a poppier-fast paced section, same upward-on-the-scale guitar licks.
You get a lot of songs like that - generally described as 'rock anthems'
Another good one is 'heart of a dragon' by Dragon Force.
SoundDoctrine
I love My Chemical Romance!
I don't have one single favorite song. I like Headfirst for Halos, Vampires Will Never Hurt You, Dead!, The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You, and I Never Told You What I Do For a Living.
EanofAthenasPrime
SoundDoctrine wrote:
I love My Chemical Romance!
I don't have one single favorite song. I like Headfirst for Halos, Vampires Will Never Hurt You, Dead!, The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You, and I Never Told You What I Do For a Living.

See Dominoes you do like Halo! Very Happy
jabronie25
Well i have to say i like 2 songs from them which is Helena and Dead End...or something like that

Other than that theyre an ok band, im not into that kind of music but theyre ok. Tho the singer is kinda annoying
catscratches
Juparis wrote:
Whoever claims MCR is not emo must be blind, deaf, and dumb. They are the pinnacle of the emo culture. Razz
Furthermore, anyone defending Green Day deserves a worm in their apple. Green Day was good until they turned emo and started wearing more makeup than my mom. Laughing

MCR isn't much emo. Just compare the lyrics to real emo bands.
CrimsonStrange
I'm not a big follower of "modern music", so I just recently began discovering My Chemical Romance, and thus far, I like 3 of the songs from their The Black Parade album.

I definitely see similarities to several of the bands previously mentioned, but the melodies are hummable and their lyrics have enough sincerity (although much of it seems forced, in my opinion) to keep a song interesting.

Idea Just a thought... - Listening to their current album is a bit like skipping to your favorite scenes from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Pink Floyd:The Wall and Hedwig and the Angry Inch. (snicker)
SpellcasterDX
My Chemical Romance is alright. I only have one of their songs though, so I can't really make a valid arguement on how they're bad/good. I only have their single "Welcome To The Black Parade." I like that song, but it's the only one I've ever heard by them.
dark_Pandemonium
I kind of like them, before The Black Parade I liked them, but when that album came out, I lost some respect for them. I still listen to their first two albums though. And my favorite song by them is Honey, this mirror Isn't Big enought for the both of us, and Vampires will never hurt you.
Bengt
They're floating away with their new album, their previous songs were a bit better i think Smile