FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Film music

Milomusic
is there any film music fan here ?

who are your favorite composers ?
macfly
yes of course. I love almost all kind of music (except rap sorry, I can't stand it) and of course I love good movie soundtracks. My favourites composers ? Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, Maurice Jarre, Ennio Morricone to name just a few. Being a musician myself, I wish I was able to produce a score as good as one of John Williams or Ennio Morricone. I'm still working on it Smile
TheMentor
the Godfather

it s awsome song
landxxx
Milomusic wrote:
is there any film music fan here ?

who are your favorite composers ?

The film music is beautifully music who is make for any film, for example: for horror who have strong music.

I have top list with film's music:

1) Pink Panther

2) The Simpsons

3) Jamens Bond 007

4) Mission impasible

5) king kong new edition
Animal
If you're into semi-classical music, one of the best film soundtracks is "1492 - A Conquest of Paradise" composed by Vangelis. Listen to it a few times... it's great! Very Happy
cfackler
I love film music by John Williams. This could include Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, or any of the other many scores composed by him.
mehmetguler
my favorite film music is THE ROCK (nicolas cage sean connery)
soulman
mehmetguler wrote:
my favorite film music is THE ROCK (nicolas cage sean connery)

well, you should try the album "Beyond Reality" of Dreamtale which wrote one music for "The Rock", music name is "The Dawn"
Kaneda
A "few" of my favorites...

Danny Elfman - anything by him. From the fairytale/gothic/"circus music" of his early years (Beetlejuice, Batman, Sleepy Hollow (newer score, but goes back to the "old days" of Elfman) to the less melodic stuff of later years (Mission Impossible and Planet of the Apes). And "Black Beauty" - masterpiece of a score for a dreadfully mediocre film.

Howard Shore - pre-LOTR (but I like Lord of the Rings too - just in small doses).

Jon Brion - Magnolia and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, especially. Here's a guy with (like Elfman) no classical music education who writes (especially) woodwind parts that a lot of other composers must envy.

I used to hate John Williams for no reason other than him being able to write music for just about anything, but noone can deny his talent - very few scores I don't like by him.

Max Steiner of course. The father of film scoring. King Kong (1933) - sudden jump into full scoring of motion pictures. Great (even if it may sound "old fashioned" these days) Smile (bits of it can be heard at times in the Peter Jackson remake).

Bernard Herrmann - Vertigo, Psycho, North by Northwest etc. etc. Great string writing.

Jerry Goldsmith - one more composer who could write for just about any film, and yet keep his style evident. How he managed to write so much great music in his (albeit long) career is a mystery to me.
dogancanozturan
The Braveheart is best I lýke that song Laughing
spider_capturer
you got to love the soundtrack of Kill Bill. If you turn up the Bass Volume it's sooo cool Smile
achene
howard shore and john williams is my favorite composers. especially lotr soundtracks are great but only in combination with the movie.
g_unit90
I like check on it- Beyonce
DJGuardy
You have to say that one of the best soundtracks to a film ever is Requiem For A Dream. I absolutely love that film, and the soundtrack. The remix edition aint that good, but the original with the Kronos Quartet...its just brilliant.
TheGreatDalmuti
There's always John Williams (everything), Howard Shore (LOTR), James Horner (Mask of Zorro, Beautiful Mind, and you have to admit it, Titanic), James Newton Howard (Batman Begins, and the beautiful string solos in The Village), Hans Zimmer (Lion King, Prince of Egypt), Thomas Newman (Meet Joe Black, Cinderella Man), and there's always a few great women like Rachel Portman (The Legend of Bagger Vance).

One of my personal favorite scores is from a little-known film called "The Mission" with Robert DeNiro. The music is by Ennio Morricone, who also contributed to Kill Bill (which I haven't seen). The most amazing sounds you may ever hear. Especially if you like the oboe.
visitors
I like film music. My favorite composer of movie music is Giorgio Moroder, Hans Zimmer,...

Favorite movie song from Moroder is The Chase.
landxxx
Kaneda wrote:
A "few" of my favorites...

Danny Elfman - anything by him. From the fairytale/gothic/"circus music" of his early years (Beetlejuice, Batman, Sleepy Hollow (newer score, but goes back to the "old days" of Elfman) to the less melodic stuff of later years (Mission Impossible and Planet of the Apes). And "Black Beauty" - masterpiece of a score for a dreadfully mediocre film.

Howard Shore - pre-LOTR (but I like Lord of the Rings too - just in small doses).

Jon Brion - Magnolia and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, especially. Here's a guy with (like Elfman) no classical music education who writes (especially) woodwind parts that a lot of other composers must envy.

I used to hate John Williams for no reason other than him being able to write music for just about anything, but noone can deny his talent - very few scores I don't like by him.

Max Steiner of course. The father of film scoring. King Kong (1933) - sudden jump into full scoring of motion pictures. Great (even if it may sound "old fashioned" these days) Smile (bits of it can be heard at times in the Peter Jackson remake).

Bernard Herrmann - Vertigo, Psycho, North by Northwest etc. etc. Great string writing.

Jerry Goldsmith - one more composer who could write for just about any film, and yet keep his style evident. How he managed to write so much great music in his (albeit long) career is a mystery to me.

Do you have this songs in polyphon format or MIDI for mobile phones.

I have Samsung SGH E-820 and he support only MIDI melody

This melody I don't have

thank you
landxxx
eee

I should any program for convert from wav or mp3 to MIDI format

If you have this program do you send me message on private
9/10 NME
The best soundtracks:

The Big Lebowski
The Ladykillers
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Road To Perdition
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill 1 and 2

In fact, these are pretty much the only soundtracks I own on cd.
Nick87
I really like Danny Elfman he was mentioned before. He's a genius. I also like Clint Mansell who did Reqiuem for a dream, Pi, The Hole and Murder by Numbers. The Dust Brothers who did Fight Club and Klaus Badelt who was responsible for Pirates of the Carribean, Equilibrium, The Others, Basic, Ned Kelly, Constatine and Hanniball...

And David Bowie ofcourse.
Shewolf
Danny Elfman, is as great man, together with Hans Zimmre and Howard Shore.
karysky
I absolutely love movie music !

My favorite composers are Klaus Badelt, John Williams, Hans Zimmer (the great Hans!), and Clint Mansell of course!

There are other names that make good music (for movie trailers mainly): Immediate Music (they've done the music for the trailers of Spiderman 2, The Island and Chronicles of Narnia, to name a few) and X-Ray Dog.

What I love about movie music is the intensity of it, because they are used to convey an emotion, a feeling.

Good movie music makes me shiver everytime.
Whong
Well my favourite film music would be the theme of Game of Death and for TV series Macgyver(My absolute favourite! Wink), Love and Marriage, Knight Rider! There are some of my favourites! Wink

What about game musics what do you think about them? Question Confused
karysky
Whong wrote:

I absolutely love the music in Prince of Persia: Sands of time, and Prince of Persia: Two Thrones.

Marvellous, moving, deep music.
Whong
karysky wrote:
Whong wrote:

I absolutely love the music in Prince of Persia: Sands of time, and Prince of Persia: Two Thrones.

Marvellous, moving, deep music.

I love Nintendo's musics, like all of the Super Mario Bros Musics, Pokémon musics, Donkey Kong musics etc. Also I like the musics of Namco such as some from Soul Calibur 2 and Tales of Symphonia! Wink
paranoid
John Williams is good composer.

except him, i like music from lord of the rings
alexjbarrett
Music can really make a film. So many average films are turned in to great works just because of their the score they have had added.

My favourite film sound track is from Alan Parker's Angel Heart.
Fantastic film with some great songs in it such as Laverne Baker singing soul on fire, but it is the tunes by Courtney Pine that really set it apart from all others in my opinion.
Great film, great story and a fantastic soundtrack.
cloudship
a good film always leaves us a memorable theme music.
that's why i am fond of film music.

my favourit collection is "crimson tide", well, "ring of the king" also not bad.
shinnoyami
I'd have to go with Danny Elfman too, he's really talented.. i even sometimes get the music from the movies stuck in my head.. like mars attacks! and the two first batman movies

i read somewhere that he also sings for Jack in The Nightmare Before Christmas. he's so cool