FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Split the forum up (Questions vs News)

bluefossil
I found it hard to find questions and answers on the forum because majority of the post are just news. Maybe split the forum up? Example, under software. One for Q/A about software and one for software news.
Jack_Hammer
My personal view is that to get answers is fairly easy, though it depends on the type of question, if you want serious help questions about computers / software etc. then I have always found it dead easy.
bluefossil
let me rephrase it. Not necessary finding answers, but looking for poster's questions to answer. I found it hard to earn quality frihost points. Of course, I can reply to someone's poll or random news that may or may not contribute much to the forum. If we want frihost forum to be useful, we need have a better structure rules for each category. I personally think post like software news and software polls should belong in "General Chat".
Blaster
bluefossil wrote:
let me rephrase it. Not necessary finding answers, but looking for poster's questions to answer. I found it hard to earn quality frihost points. Of course, I can reply to someone's poll or random news that may or may not contribute much to the forum. If we want frihost forum to be useful, we need have a better structure rules for each category. I personally think post like software news and software polls should belong in "General Chat".

No they are in the right area. Don't worry when you get a little more used to frihost you find topics that interest you.
n0obie4life
bluefossil wrote:
I found it hard to find questions and answers on the forum because majority of the post are just news. Maybe split the forum up? Example, under software. One for Q/A about software and one for software news.

Well, no subforums. That's one thing. And I thought it was rather easy to differenciate them.