FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

any one about file sharing or transfering software for winxp

gubeguru
hi,

i like know about a software which can be used as transfer file between friends and please explain if possible how to set up for winxp.

regards
gur
bluefossil
you can just use MSN messenger to do file transfer. Pretty easy: open the chat window, go to File --> Send a file or photo...
AOL AIM can also do the same.
DoctorBeaver
MSN can be a bit temperamental. I've had transfers blocked because "This file may contain a virus". I know damned well there's no virus as it's happened many times where I've tried to transfer a photo I've taken myself. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for it.
If you have just a few friends you want to transfer between, have a look at http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/LookFILE_Secure_File_Transfer/lookfile.html
That's a real easy 1 to use. It intergrates into Internet Explorer & is accessible by right-clicking. As with all transfer utilities, anyone you want to share with has to have it installed.
qbawler311
Look into setting up a ftp server. Go to downloads.com and you will find many free servers. Try searching ftp server or free ftp.
godset
You can use FTP:

I use AceFTP3 Freeware:

Visicom Media’s AceFTP 3 Freeware is the easiest-to-use free FTP client software available for transferring files over the Internet.
Its cool, uncluttered drag-and-drop interface, designed in a Windows XP fashion, lets you transfer files quickly and efficiently and navigate with ease between folders, both on Web sites and on your computer.

This robust, free FTP software is a high-speed FTP program. It enables you to perform multiple file transfers simultaneously. Simply put, it beats many paid-for FTP client software products hands down.

http://software.visicommedia.com/en/productsfreeware/