FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Within Temptation

RisingStorm
Who else has been listening to them now (stateside)? I just discovered them a few days ago and I am HOOKED. Also what genre would you classify them?

I would say symphonic/orchestral rock. I don't agree with the people who classify them as gothic metal...there is nothing gothic or metal about them Shocked

That isn't to say they don't have such moments...the start of Stand My Ground springs immediately to mind. However, they are free to have harder moments, just as Nightwish is/was free to have lighter, almost Celtic moments.
supjapscrapper
I just love within temptaion, they were a hit 3 years or more ago wht their album mother earth, and they are definitely metal, there are many bands pretty much doing the sale stuff but none has really the same stype and the voice of that woman is simply angelic and lifts you into the air. Have you heard of another album as that of 3,5 years ago?
dezavelbank
within temptation is a very good band, i saw them 2 or 3 times live and they still rock, especially the clothes from sharon man they're nice
SunburnedCactus
Progressive Metal, they are. I quite enjoy them, can't remember why I didn't buy the album when I was in the shop a while ago.
Brakdr
I loved them, I loved their old albums, mother earth is one of thier weakest! Its made for "everybody". Everybody likes it. Before it was more intresting, more inovative. No its a kind of music as everybody is playing it
erik
Seen them live last summer

Great show, nice fireworks

The music is ok, I like The Silent Force
Konimaka
i love within temptation Very Happy
i've seen them live once, it was only a small concert, but i have seen them Wink
Jurado
They call it Gothic Rock , They have some very nice songs , Ice Queen , Julian are my favorites one.

Grtzz
Shewolf
I LOVE WITHIN TEMPTATION, have been doing so for years Very Happy It's rock, it's heavy, symphonic and gothic. Twisted Evil
I hope they start using the extreeme vocal again, I missed it on "the Silent Force", so fingers crossed... Smile
I hope to see them at Ragnarok this summer Wink
DarkJedi323
This is called Gothic. I discovered Within Temptation last summer. I really liked "Angels". Then i became addicted. Laughing Unfortunately Within Temptation isn't well known in my country. Sad
erik
Hometown (=Wadinxveen, Holland) of Within Temptation is 2 train stations away from here Laughing
supjapscrapper
Shewolf wrote:
I LOVE WITHIN TEMPTATION, has been doing so for years Very Happy It's rock, it's heavy, symphonic and gothic. Twisted Evil
I hope they start using the extreeme vocal again, I missed it on "the Silent Force", so fingers crossed... Smile
I hope to see them at Ragnarok this summer Wink

hehe exactly what I think, hope I'll see them there too Very Happy
pagan_prota
RisingStorm wrote:
Who else has been listening to them now (stateside)? I just discovered them a few days ago and I am HOOKED. Also what genre would you classify them?

Within Temptation is quite nice, it is goth rock with some neoclassical in my book. If you like them, also try finding older Tristania, older Theatre Of Tragedy and Draconian.