FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tsubasa...

RisingStorm
...is supposedly coming along with Negima ~this July. I personally am looking forward to both, I just hope they don't ruin Tsubasa like they did Cardcaptors =.=
Monkeydog
Well I doubt it, since it's Funimation, and Funimation is quite good.

I've tried watching Tsubasa, but I got a lag and bleh, so I don't know much.

I do kind of hope, they get all the english voice actors back for their characters(but as it went with Tenchi, I don't think they will).
eku53ru
I've watched a few episodes of Tsubasa, but I chose not to continue watching it because I was on dial-up back then. I chose to continue reading the manga instead. From what I did hear, the Tsubasa anime itself has its fair share of ups and downs; that is, some of the fillers were a bit meaningless, added to the plot, etc. From what I did watch of it, it was pretty good.

Music-wise, opening theme didn't click with me as much, but the background music and ending theme did; but then again, I'm a sucker for Sakamoto Ma'aya and Kajiura Yuki.
driftingfe3s
When is the secon season of tsubasa comming out? Last I heard was spring, is it still scheduled for this?
RisingStorm
In Japan? Yeah. April. Go to animeadmirers.com...that's where I get my news from.

In fact, there are a record number of new anime series/seasons coming out in Japan in April, somewhere over a hundred, if memory serves.
takercena
long leg anime. Well i like it very much. Wonder when the movie will get subbed?
driftingfe3s
RisingStorm wrote:
In Japan? Yeah. April. Go to animeadmirers.com...that's where I get my news from.

In fact, there are a record number of new anime series/seasons coming out in Japan in April, somewhere over a hundred, if memory serves.

I dunno if thats good or bad. I'll get to watch a bunch of anime, but my grades will probably suffer because of it. -_-
pinetti
umm I am confused this of Tsubasa is equal to Super Campiones - this passage by the cable aca in peru - or are different things?
eku53ru
pinetti wrote:
umm I am confused this of Tsubasa is equal to Super Campiones - this passage by the cable aca in peru - or are different things?

From what I was able to sum up from using Google, I don't think this is the same. Captain Tsubasa, which from the alternate titles seems to be the one you're confusing it with, is a series that premiered a couple of decades before Tsubasa Chronicle, which is a series that is created by CLAMP. I hope that clears up your confusion.
Mizzro
Tsubasa Chronicle's did not premier a couple decades ago... I belive it was just last year...

But from what I understand the company of TC lost funding, so they stopped making it..

But if this is wrong please tell me, It was a very good show
eku53ru
Mizzro wrote:
Tsubasa Chronicle's did not premier a couple decades ago... I belive it was just last year...

But from what I understand the company of TC lost funding, so they stopped making it..

But if this is wrong please tell me, It was a very good show

I think you might have misread my post; you are correct in saying that Tsubasa Chronicle did not premiere a couple of decades ago, but I was referring to Captain Tsubasa in that context. It began in 1983, whereas Tsubasa Chronicle began in 2005. X)

I've never heard of the company losing funding, though; they're already in the process of making (probably finishing by now) the second season. As it's been stated above, it's going to be airing starting on the 8th of next month.
RisingStorm
Jep jep. I'm hoping we in the U.S. get the first season this June, as is being rumored, but I'm not holding my breath.
bloodiedpenguin
I have seen the Tsubasa Chronicle anime and it is very, very good. I'm still waiting for the second season which I think is coming out in April. Atleast it said that on the end of the last episode. Maybe that's just for in Japan. Cool
driftingfe3s
Has anyone watched the movie that came out recently? I don't understand why they made a moive when it was around 40 minutes long and it was just like a normal episode. They could of focused on the series than make that moive, which was not very entertaining in my opinion.
bloodiedpenguin
I saw it. I think the point of the movie was that it was leading into the second season of Tsubasa Chronicle. (Notice how Syaoran looks slightly older)
eku53ru
Wasn't the Tsubasa movie aired back-to-back with the xxxHOLiC one? I've yet to see the Tsubasa movie, but the two are linked together (made evident at the end of the xxxHOLiC movie, at least).

@bloodiepenguin - I think the date for the second season is for Japan; that's what others have been saying in this thread, too.
aussiemars
I liked the movie, it was like some of the better anime episodes. That was why i stopped watching half way through, poor quality episodes. Otherwise, yeh its great. Anyone else seen the newest episode, 27? what do you think, I think i know what happens, (i got a bit of the Japanese manga) Razz
Revvion
i really like the anime, and lot more then the manga. episode 27 was a good episode again. but i hope it wont be a to long anime since that could make it go boring.
exarkun
I have seen a few of its episode, and found it interesting. Every character from other different story gathers and come out as a new people, and it caught my interest. I just love it! Cool
emperorkhan
tsubasa is my favourite soccer comics player
mtoni
I have seen the 2 eps now...
It still gives me 'that' feeling i had with season one.
Too bad that they haven't created a new ost for it (or maybe I have missed something)

The drawings are a little bit better in my opinion (characters)
miragemfc
I really love this cartoon