FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Police man?

Jack_Hammer
I am currently an Army man, and I was thinking of joining the police force, though until then I will have to get some better qualifications (as mine are currently rather poor). Whats you view on bobbys?
Helios
Well, it's your call.

In my opinion, if you'll get nice salary, take the job.
I've always wanted to be a policeman, but we have better jobs here.
I'm keeping this option as a second one. First I want to try working as an engineer.
Code of Ruin
Could be nice, I don't really know how the job in England is but here it makes a nice $ though I still think it is underpaid. Could get ugly with violence and all but as an army man I think you won't have much of a problem with that.
I looked at the job myself but during one of them show and tell days the police force has, I was told that I wouldn't be fit. Apparently you need major control over your body and your temper. We were told to attack the fighting instructor as hard as we could and I knocked him out so that was the ending of that idea.
ocalhoun
Please translate English --> American: bobbys.
I usualy try to keep a working knowlege of the different dialects of English, but sometimes I just can't figure it out.
Code of Ruin
ocalhoun wrote:
Please translate English --> American: bobbys.
I usualy try to keep a working knowlege of the different dialects of English, but sometimes I just can't figure it out.

bobby's--> police officers, law enforcers, the people who arrest you for commiting crimes.
sentinela
Well, I'm on the police force for over 5 years.... its a great job....

You get to help people in all kinds of situation.... your on the good boys side!!!!

... but you also get to deal with the worst situations in urban life...

decadence, shreaded families, homicides, anger, all sort of things....

and you just have to be ready to deal with it.
dezavelbank
i'd rather like to be in the government or like crime scene investigator or something but way to difficult
Wotac
I thought about being a police man too, at least for some time. But now at the moment I'm more intrested of being a security guard. I'm not planning on doing it for long but if I decide to go study some more I'll keep doing it till then.
den110
Great job. Been on the force for almost 17 years. I am currently a Division Commander for our Detective Bureau. Pay is not too bad... at least here in New Jersey, USA. Pension is what makes the decision great. I get 65% of my last years salary after 25 years, 70% after 30 years.