FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Webcomics

Tasa
So what webcomics do you read?

Personal I am a big fan of MegaTokyo. I read a few others but none as loyaly as this one.
eku53ru
I read MegaTokyo, too; it was the first webcomic I learned about, but I haven't been reading it very loyally as of late. I normally wait a couple of months in between my readings, so I don't have to worry about waiting another two days for a page to appear.

However, since I caught up in December, I've been reading it page for page ever since. XD

Another webcomic I read (since the other ones I have followed have either been discontinued/put on hiatus) is Tsunami Channel. It went on a hiatus for a long period of time, and it has only recently picked up on the story again.
Yantaal
A few webcomics i know of mainly pointed out to me by joe teague. none of you wil know him, but anyway:

www.drmcninja.com (this is so good)

www.cheston.com/pbf/archive.html (this is the archive with loads so funny, they are only short)

http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/ (More short comics, very funny)

then cntrl alt delete, but i never read those, my friends obsessed. i dont knwo the site, just good
cntrl alt delete

enhoy
Zuwiki
I've read MegaTokyo some and a bit of Ctrl+Alt+Del (which, by the way, is located here). I've become more "loyal" to reading Ctrl+Alt+Del recently though.
ZeRoRaVeN
I like vgcats, ALOT.

http://www.vgcats.com

ctrl+alt+del is okay, but I like vgcats the most. XD

And their author has really lax policies about using the comics/images for forum signatures and avatars and such.
Monkeydog
My favourite webcomic ever has to be either Penny Arcade or 8-Bit Theater.

Then there is stuff like VG Cats and RPG World.

I also read a bit of CAD and Megatokyo, didn't hook me as much as the others though.
ejmaster
Onlinecomics.net has a lot of independent online comics on the site. There are actully a few titles thet are very interesting. I myself don't enjoy reading comics online I prefer the old school versions...
Yantaal
you cant limit yourself man, i collect daredevil comics, yet quite happily sit and read webcomics, they are all awesome. Yes the old school kick ass every time. bt the webcomics are cheaper...
darth_revan
www.giantitp.com
bestest comic: oots (order of the stick) i like all characters here!
Scaramanga
Hmmm, I noticed someone mentioned Perry Bible Fellowship (PBF) - good call on a hilarious, albeit darkly humorous webcomic.
Anyway, here's the list (in NO particular order):
Diesel Sweeties
Penny Arcade
PvP
Something Positive
Sluggy Freelance
ScaryGoRound
MegaTokyo
Goats
Questionable Content
(I read more than these, but these are the ones I read daily/whever they update.)
Deji
Questionable Content is great.

Very Happy

Megatokyo.. has very very nice art. (a few of my friends have sketches from cons)

but i dunno it has an awful story (of late) the female characters are pretty much the same except with different outfits >_> im guessing thats what happens when you have a dating sim webcomic.

but yeah Penny Arcade and PvP are great.
rightclickscott
As a webcomic artist, I read so many webcomics that I wouldn't have the time to put them all up. My latest project, 30 Extra Lives, will be moving to the site I'm making here on frihost, but you can view my untitled 30EL comics at http://www.inksandwich.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5374.

Supafine has been one of my personal favorites, but right now it's on hiatus. You can view their unedited archive at http://www.supafine.com/comics.html. For the latest in webcomic news, go to Inksandwich, I'm a contributor! Some other good ones are Machall, AppleGeeks, and an Inksandwich one called l33tpixelz.
Yantaal
Yeah PBF is something io have spent many a happy hour reading them, sick.
rightclickscott
Yantaal wrote:
Yeah PBF is something io have spent many a happy hour reading them, sick.

The Perry Bible Fellowship is definetly one of th best comics I've ever read; it's just constantly funny. The only problem, it's NSFW, so read it at home.
Tasa
So I have been reading this new webcomic for awhile. But before I post I want to suggest that do not judge a book by the cover.

The art work is very simple (very very simple) but it has a story that really sucks you in once it gets started. The character are deep and multifaceted. If nothing more just read the first chapter before you make the choice to place it or not in your bookmarks, but if you do I think you will be happy

http://www.paoniapawns.com/
Pyxel
I have not found any really good web comics, only some really good sprite comics like Planet Zebeth ... but no good anime web comics. All the ones that get started never get finished.
Tex_Arcana
This isn't a web comic per se. It is really an old comic that was once serialized in Heavy Metal Magazine back in the '80's that happens to be on the web.

http://www.texarcana.com/

I read it when it was in Heavy Metal and it kinda stuck to the back of my skull for a long time. I started using Tex Arcana as a screen name (my computer is called Tech Arcana as well) and then found out that Robert Findley had a web site with his comic series preserved for prosperty. It's like a horror western comic with a funny sort of counter culture funk to it. Give it a look.
gh0stface
Megatokyo actually just got picked up by DC Comics which is kind of cool.

The only webcomics I read now is Whiteninjacomics.com for it's randomness. Which is my type of humor. Along with Youdamnkid.com which has some funny strips too. I use to also read monkey-business.net but the creator know longers updates. Sad
Tasa
Pyxel wrote:
I have not found any really good web comics, only some really good sprite comics like Planet Zebeth ... but no good anime web comics. All the ones that get started never get finished.

I would have to disagree megatokyo is a good manga style comic on the web. And although the creator can sometimes get a little behind he does a real good job of posting about twice a week.

THe story moves slow some times but it is worth it when a chapter finally ends.
rightclickscott
I'm not a big fan of MegaTokyo either, but ever since Largo left, it just hasn't been funny. I don't blame Fred Gallagher (Piro)'s comic for not being funny, it wasn't his job to write the jokes. I'm still reading it, though, because I can be an otaku when I want to be. The art is well drawn, though. Sure, it's not as well done as Machall or Apple Geeks, but it's alot better than most of the art I see out here.

There is a little known comic which has had an art style which is getting better. It wasn't that great at first, and neither was the story, but now it's amazing. For any of you who have serious time to burn, go to Yami no Tainai. It's a good read for a Lazy Sunday.
esenbi
Check This out - Space Junkiez I still Building it, and working on the website, but there's already 4 episodes of the comic!![/url]
Jayfarer
Dr. McNinja, because it's about a doctor who is also a Ninja. The arcs are excellent and every page is hilarious.

Penny Arcade, because, well, it's PA. It's not as consistently funny as it was around 2000-2002, but it still hits it out of the park every so often.

A Softer World, because it's a dark, subtle kind of funny when it hits the mark.

Dinosaur Comics because it is completely genius and weird.

Perry Bible Fellowship, because it's hilarious with amazing, constantly changing art.

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, because it's like one-panel PBF with simple art.
delishnoodles
I like Jennifer Tanner's Boy Genius comics
Cursed Wings
BlackBird
Inverloch
Earthsong
And some guy on DeviantArt's comics which I can't remember the name.

They are soooooooo good. Well Earthsong needs some working on.
CMA
I'm currently reading:

MegaTokyo
VGCats
Order of the Stick
Guyon
I like this flash web comic

http://www.stonetrek.com/
Stone Trek - Great Star Trek Flash toon, in the Flintstones style

It is very funny and a cross over between Star Trek and the Flintstones. Very funny if you liked either of both of these series.
idrather_not
White Ninja is an addiction.

http://www.whiteninjacomics.com/
fangfox
ZeRoRaVeN wrote:
I like vgcats, ALOT.

http://www.vgcats.com

ctrl+alt+del is okay, but I like vgcats the most. XD

And their author has really lax policies about using the comics/images for forum signatures and avatars and such.

I'm a fan of vgcats too, am am currently working to become an ordained priest of The Church of the One Winged Angel of Latter Day Summons.
Rebzie
Yantaal wrote:
A few webcomics i know of mainly pointed out to me by joe teague. none of you wil know him, but anyway:

www.drmcninja.com (this is so good)

www.cheston.com/pbf/archive.html (this is the archive with loads so funny, they are only short)

http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/ (More short comics, very funny)

then cntrl alt delete, but i never read those, my friends obsessed. i dont knwo the site, just good
cntrl alt delete

enhoy

Yeah ctrl alt del is a bit of a hit or miss comic some of them I find funny some of them i don't the adress for it is www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
I read
penny arcade
www.vgcats.com
http://vampirates.comicgen.com/
http://fail.comicgenesis.com/

www.onlinecomics.net is a good site to find webcomics
Game Fortress
I have started a Webcomic that is pretty cool so far. Its really early on right now with only a few pages up to read but its fun to update. I am going to upload the site for it on my frihost account. Its called Radiance, and I am proud to say that it is NOT manga, its a more animation-stlye look.
Revvion
I like GUcomics and because once Comedity did his comic while he was away i started to read that one too
hlavco
I read Zelda Comic, Staccato, The Wotch, Spelling the Vacuum, and Witches' Brew.

On occasion I look at Penny Arcade or VG Cats.
rightclickscott
Game Fortress wrote:
I have started a Webcomic that is pretty cool so far. Its really early on right now with only a few pages up to read but its fun to update. I am going to upload the site for it on my frihost account. Its called Radiance, and I am proud to say that it is NOT manga, its a more animation-stlye look.

If you want to get more credit from other artists, go onto their forums and talk to them, try to advertise, and try to become part of a webcomic community. That's what I did, know I'm part of Inksandwich along with Staccato, Slackerz, Yami no Tainai, and Takeru Comics. Now if only I updated more.

Right now, I'm working on some comics with an artist and we're going to have probably 15 comics done before we put more up.
bobthesmiley
I like to read El Goonish Shive, Sore Thumbs Online, and GPF-Comics. GPF is pretty funny and has a good plot.
hlavco
rightclickscott wrote:
If you want to get more credit from other artists, go onto their forums and talk to them, try to advertise, and try to become part of a webcomic community.

Yes.
rightclickscott wrote:
Now if only I updated more.

Yes.

Wink Cool Just kidding around.
rightclickscott
hlavco wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
If you want to get more credit from other artists, go onto their forums and talk to them, try to advertise, and try to become part of a webcomic community.

Yes.
rightclickscott wrote:
Now if only I updated more.

Yes.

Wink Cool Just kidding around.

Hey, you know better than anyone else here, hlavco. Maybe we should do something together, like, you do the art, I'll write something...
DopeyCriz
Im doing my own webcomics, but im gonna make some
at least 10, to make the website returnable.
lol!
handles
I tend to read comics in which the main character(s) go on an adventure or journey. Here are some of my favorites:

9th Elsewhere
Alpha Shade
Blackbird
Dreamland Chronicles
Emerald Winter
Errant Story
Fish Institution
Inverloch
Misfile
Post-Nuke
Red String
Rip & Teri
Rumble Fall
Tomorrow/Yesterday

It amazes me how many great webcomics are out there these days.
hlavco
rightclickscott wrote:
Hey, you know better than anyone else here, hlavco. Maybe we should do something together, like, you do the art, I'll write something...

I'd totally be up for that. I have too much time on my hands anyway. (I should really be working on my own comic, but I'm not in my groove right now.)
GProject
I'm not going to repeat what's already been said here because I read a few that have already been mentioned. For any of you movie fans (or just people who are curious), there's a great webcomic called Multiplex:

http://www.multiplexcomic.com

It's about a group of guys & gals who work in a movie theatre. I like the style it's made in - see what you think.
rightclickscott
hlavco wrote:
I'd totally be up for that. I have too much time on my hands anyway. (I should really be working on my own comic, but I'm not in my groove right now.)

I know exactly how you feel. Send me a PM on Inksandwich and we'll discuss what we're gonna do for it.
shizoo
I'm not really into Webcomic. But I do read some.. These are great links thanks ^^ I'll save it for later.
Somebody
www.sickcomic.com (www.johnandjohn.nl) is still the best. Explicit, the style is great, and it's really funny.. Smile)
Lusiphur
Order of teh stick is a great online comic for any roleplayers, slick humour andd excellent characters make it a great read Smile

Beyond that I can only reiterate ones already mentioned, VGCats, 8bit, Penny Arcare, MegaTokyo and Ctrl-Alt-Del all tickle me in ways they shuldn't/

Ooo, I remember an odd one. http://www.goats.com You have to read it from the start to truely appreciate Diablo the chicken Very Happy
Dr Carruthers
Woohoo, webcomics... Yummy!!

I read Questionable Content regularly (from Monday to Friday), maybe it's my favourite one.
Another one I really like, is Girls With Slingshots.
They are funny, kinda light-hearted pieces, mostly concerned with everyday life of modern youth.. Sorta. Questionable Content also features endless talks about obscure music bands (:

And there are some more:
Stuff Sucks
OrneryBoy
pedrothelion
I've mostly read Penny Arcade and PvP but I slipped into MacHall at times as well, though I don't know if that is still around.

I used to frequent the Penny Arcade forums a while back but the crowd can be pretty elitist which gets a bit dull after a while.. Rolling Eyes
rightclickscott
There's a new one I discovered, which hasn't updated as much as it should, but it's still instantly one of my favorites. Go check out Gone With The Blastwave!
cokyday
u will be search in search machine with manga online keyword

ex: naruto+manga
rightclickscott
cokyday wrote:
u will be search in search machine with manga online keyword

ex: naruto+manga

NOOOO!

*Spray paints the word "Nub" on Cokyday's back.*
blk3
8-bit theater is good. Ive also known about Bob and Gorge a webcomic about the Megaman video game. But lately the style and story seems to have changed and strayed from the Megaman games.
headie
Best collection of comics- http://www.snafu-comics.com

It has seven regular to semi-regular updated comics. One for each day of the week! Three series are on haitus though, but the entire stories so far are still up. They're pretty cool.
PennyCopper
Mmm, webcomics.

Some of the I'm currently keeping up with include:

Digger (Ursula Vernon's quirky sense of humor and storytelling is riveting.)
Sordid City Blues (One of my absolute favorites. And I generally don't go for slice-of-life. )
Lackadaisy Cats (Adorable kitties and the roaring 20's!)
Girl Genius (Steampunk & High adventure. My biggest fear is that Penny Copper will be compared to this work due to the similarities in genre, and the fact that I have a *gasp* female protagonist, but I guess only time will tell. And it doesn't diminish my love of this strip.)
Inverloch (Not the most innovative story ever, but the art is gorgeous.)
Directions of Destiny (straightforward manga. I love it.)
Moondog (Fun & grungy. Reminds me a lot of underground comix of the 60's and 70's...but with a coherant plot and less drugs.)
VGCats (because I am an utter dork and would-be video game junkie too.)
The Broken Mirror (excellent story, but prepare to be downright depressed.)
Templar, Arizona (Quirky and wonderful.)
Elf Only Inn (If you've ever attempted to play an RPG in an online chatroom, it'll have you rolling. I'm not as fond of the new strips, but that's probably because I've never played WoW.)
Lang Lang (because Jodi is a dear friend of mine)
Destroying the Illusion (A sometimes-insightful look into the mind of a friend of mine.)

I find that TheWebcomicsList also provides me with new reading fodder every now and again. There's sooo many great webcomics out there.
legendaryduelists
i don't read any webcomics, indeed i dont know that they existed Razz, but if anyone can tell me where i can go if i am a noob in this subject, but i want to learn more about the webcomics thing
rightclickscott
My list revised:

Penny Arcade
VGCats
Applegeeks
Daily Dinosaur Comics (Every Once in a While)
Gone With The Blastwave
Three Panel Soul
minus.
Perry Bible Fellowship
Press Start to Play
Supafine!
Yami no Tainai
Slackerz

As you can see, I still have some of my old tastes, and I got rid of some others, and added some new ones. Most comics I stopped reading because they started sucking or just got boring. Otherwise, everything listed is pretty amazing. I highly reccommend all of them.
JC Denton
I read Megatokyo and Ctrl Alt Del. I do think Megatokyo is on the way down though, or...It has been on the way down since Largo and Fred seperated. Ctrl Alt Del has also lost a little bit of its charm, but it's still pretty good. The best webcomics out there though, is:

Gone with the Blastwave Fun and very goodlooking

XKCD So simple, yet so very funny.

Pixel Almost even more simple than XKCD and even more fun. Pixel is in my opinion the very best webcomic out there. The humour could be a little hard to understand sometimes though.

Sexy Losers Another very funny comic. Havn't read it for a while though. Warning for nudity and obscure stuff.
Macbeth
Im an avid reader of online comics... my list is...

VG Cats
Questionable Content
Ctrl-alt-del
Real Life Comics
A Softer World

and a few others <_<