FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

80s' Rockstars

TeNTeN
is there anybody likes 80s Rock..

pLs. write your favourite groups. Wink

my favourites .. Guns N' Roses,W.A.S.P.,White Lion,Skid Row,Lita Ford and more..
MULITRI
Judas Priest forever!!!

Thx for this thread bud, i'm an entusiast of 80's hard rock, appart of the Metal Gods Wink , some of my favourites are:

Gary Moore, Van Halen, Michael Schencker, Saxon, Accept, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Barón Rojo (spanish Wink), Helloween, Def Leppard, Y&T...well, why should i continue? could be a loooong list Laughing

I'll say i like most the super-guitarists like Gary, Schenker, Satriani, Tafolla, Malmsteen, J. Becker, M. Friedman, T. Macalpine, Steve Vai.. and nuther long etc Laughing

The Rock Guitar is our emblem Cool
TeNTeN
must be watch aLL the steve vai's solo videos.. fastest guitarist in the worLd..
olivier_1988
I think ac/dc is the best group, but it was better on 70's. no?
deanna
i really like faith no more...there are a bunch of one hit wonders that i like from the 80s but obviously cant name off all the names off the top of my head...madonna is key...uhmm yeah cant think of any more right now. but i enjoy listening to it at the clubs
Slowhand
If you ask me.. its Eric Clapton.. he has some great rock tracks in 80's.. so thats my personal choiche.
atomictoyz
MULITRI wrote:
Judas Priest forever!!!

Thx for this thread bud, i'm an entusiast of 80's hard rock, appart of the Metal Gods Wink , some of my favourites are:

Gary Moore, Van Halen, Michael Schencker, Saxon, Accept, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Barón Rojo (spanish Wink), Helloween, Def Leppard, Y&T...well, why should i continue? could be a loooong list Laughing

I'll say i like most the super-guitarists like Gary, Schenker, Satriani, Tafolla, Malmsteen, J. Becker, M. Friedman, T. Macalpine, Steve Vai.. and nuther long etc Laughing

The Rock Guitar is our emblem Cool

Racer-X? Paul Gilbert is another notable in the list of shred monsters of the 80's. I have bootleg video/DVD from 1986.

I love your list.

Randy Rhoads with both Ozzy and Quiet Riot

Have you ever heard of Sir Millard Mulch?

Peace,
Atomic
petgraveyard
Styx! Listening to Styx is vital to my survival. *Smiles at thought that he is going to see them on November 12*

Other than that, Alan Parsons Project is pretty good as well. 80s rule!
myportraitssecret
Earlier songs by Iron Maiden Rock

We currently have in our set list

Wicker Man

Fear of the Dark

The Clairvoyant

Infinite Dreams

The solos for some of them are pretty difficult to get your head round but

with practice and patience you can be like iron maiden well not literally of

course.

Good luck guys
MetallianRose
I like Maiden, Helloween, Twisted Sister, WASP, The Scorpions, Motley Crue (I dont like their new album, though), Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. Razz
Phil
80's Rockstars? Where there any?

Just joking.

I was in high school in the 80s. In my opinion, there was a definite lack of good rock at this time, as least for me. I was in the "Head" crowd and we had been into all the great 70's music...(check out the thread on 70's music!) There was some good music, just not as much as before, and it was different too. I do remember Supertramp, Styx, Billy Joel. Foreigner had some good tunes. Ozzy had left Sabbath and went on his own. Put out a couple of good albums.
I did really like the Cars though.
Most of the groups and/or artists that we liked where the ones still kicking from the 70's.
I just remember the punk and New Wave stuff really coming out in full force.
Hey, want to hear a bad moment in my life story?
I had joined the National Guard in 1983 and finished up my basic training in 1985. There was an awesome rock station around here at the time, KSMB, FM94.
The night I returned I turned it on and was horrified! Micheal Jackson was playing!! I thought it was a joke. But they kept playing all this crappy stuff! Even the station jingle sucked!
What Had Happened while I was gone?
It seems they switched over to a Top-40 format while I was gone.
It was a sad day for all the heads in South Louisiana.